Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 03:41 AM)Surge Wrote: *Surge walks over to get a better look at the model, trying to determine how much has to be changed in the helmet to accommodate a respirator system*

It's a fairly simple helmet with one large visor. Clearly, it's in the very early phases of development.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 12-18-2015

(well I suddenly have no motivation to be here)

(12-18-2015, 03:48 AM)Surge Wrote: (well I suddenly have no motivation to be here)

// welp, I tried.

(12-18-2015, 03:50 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 03:48 AM)Surge Wrote: (well I suddenly have no motivation to be here)

// welp, I tried.
(I feel like we're just sitting here in a conversation that's gone on too long where the only reason we keep saying anything is because we feel obligated to respond to the other)

(12-18-2015, 04:01 AM)Surge Wrote: (I feel like we're just sitting here in a conversation that's gone on too long where the only reason we keep saying anything is because we feel obligated to respond to the other)

// ...Yeah, guess you're right.

(I get the impression that there wasn't a whole lot of planning into where this scene would go, some things came up that had the potential to be interesting but they kind of sputtered and died.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 03:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 02:01 AM)Corosar Wrote: She opened up the file called "Entry 1" and began to read it out in her mind.

ENTRY 1

We just received word of a ghostlike being that suddenly appeared in one of the apartment rooms. It's on its way into the lab for further studies.
The guards said it fled into a corner when they arrived. They had to convince it to come closer. Sounds like it doesn't want trouble.
They've described the ghost as being pure white and humanoid in shape, with a hole for a face and a black outline that surrounded it from every angle. Should be interesting.

The description of the 'ghost' perfectly describes Umbra's ethereal body.

(12-18-2015, 02:07 AM)Surge Wrote: hmmmm, I hope nothing comes of that...

"So do I."

Her interest in the paranormal immediately got her caught couriously looking for the next entry. She felt a bit bad about it but her mind always wished to try and help figure things out that are "ethereal". She pressed on wordlessly.

(12-18-2015, 05:21 AM)Corosar Wrote: Her interest in the paranormal immediately got her caught couriously looking for the next entry. She felt a bit bad about it but her mind always wished to try and help figure things out that are "ethereal". She pressed on wordlessly.

ENTRY 2

The description checks out. I've never seen anything so strange. It seems dazed, almost.
We attempted scans, but absolutely nothing came up. Therefore, we've decided to label the subject as a spatial anomaly.
We tried to contain it, but it just walked out of the containment chamber. It hasn't run away, at least. I tried talking to it, but it just looked at me. Seems like it can't communicate.

(12-18-2015, 04:44 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 05:21 AM)Corosar Wrote: Her interest in the paranormal immediately got her caught couriously looking for the next entry. She felt a bit bad about it but her mind always wished to try and help figure things out that are "ethereal". She pressed on wordlessly.

ENTRY 2

The description checks out. I've never seen anything so strange. It seems dazed, almost.
We attempted scans, but absolutely nothing came up. Therefore, we've decided to label the subject as a spatial anomaly.
We tried to contain it, but it just walked out of the containment chamber. It hasn't run away, at least. I tried talking to it, but it just looked at me. Seems like it can't communicate.

She placed her paw on her chin wondering for a moment as she thought to herself that she saw umbra talking. this must of been before they got anything. She pressed on to the next Entry out of couriosity.

(12-18-2015, 08:55 PM)Corosar Wrote: She placed her paw on her chin wondering for a moment as she thought to herself that she saw umbra talking. this must of been before they got anything. She pressed on to the next Entry out of couriosity.

ENTRY 4

Subject 46 spoke today.
It asked one of the researchers why we were holding it here. He had to explain that it could be a possible danger to the public and, as such, that we couldn't set it free until we knew it was safe.
It complied, thankfully. It really doesn't want trouble. It also promised not to leave until our studies were complete; something we intend it to keep its word on.

(12-18-2015, 09:03 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 08:55 PM)Corosar Wrote: She placed her paw on her chin wondering for a moment as she thought to herself that she saw umbra talking. this must of been before they got anything. She pressed on to the next Entry out of couriosity.

ENTRY 4

Subject 46 spoke today.
It asked one of the researchers why we were holding it here. He had to explain that it could be a possible danger to the public and, as such, that we couldn't set it free until we knew it was safe.
It complied, thankfully. It really doesn't want trouble. It also promised not to leave until our studies were complete; something we intend it to keep its word on.

She smiled softly as she noticed the research seemed to be going smoothly. It seemed that umbra worked with the people... trying to prove that he was not wanting to be a threat. She slowly tried to find the next Entry in sequence deeply courious about this.

(12-18-2015, 10:10 PM)Corosar Wrote: She smiled softly as she noticed the research seemed to be going smoothly. It seemed that umbra worked with the people... trying to prove that he was not wanting to be a threat. She slowly tried to find the next Entry in sequence deeply courious about this.

ENTRY 6

We checked on Subject 46 today to find that there was frost lining the inside of its chamber. As we couldn't pinpoint how, exactly, this happened, we could only assume that it has access to Cryomancy.
We called in one of the magic-using guards to confirm our suspicions. Tests resulted positive. Seems there's more to 46 than previously thought.

(12-18-2015, 10:16 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 10:10 PM)Corosar Wrote: She smiled softly as she noticed the research seemed to be going smoothly. It seemed that umbra worked with the people... trying to prove that he was not wanting to be a threat. She slowly tried to find the next Entry in sequence deeply courious about this.

ENTRY 6

We checked on Subject 46 today to find that there was frost lining the inside of its chamber. As we couldn't pinpoint how, exactly, this happened, we could only assume that it has access to Cryomancy.
We called in one of the magic-using guards to confirm our suspicions. Tests resulted positive. Seems there's more to 46 than previously thought.

"hmm ability to use magics.. i bet he does not need to rely on local sources of energy... like i do... still that is interesting..."

She moved onto the next entry engrosed by the research.

(12-18-2015, 10:44 PM)Corosar Wrote: "hmm ability to use magics.. i bet he does not need to rely on local sources of energy... like i do... still that is interesting..."

ENTRY 9

Subject 46 accidentally discovered its own weakness today.
It tried to help contain a small fire, but got hurt from the flames in the process. With its consent, we proceeded to test what else can cause harm.
It seems that magic and non-physical substances such as fire and electricity harm it. One of the researchers is working on getting a hardlight emitter prototype so we can test for that as well.

Umbra calls in from the hall.
"You're, ah... Sure taking a while... Is everything all right in there?"

(12-18-2015, 10:52 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 10:44 PM)Corosar Wrote: "hmm ability to use magics.. i bet he does not need to rely on local sources of energy... like i do... still that is interesting..."

ENTRY 9

Subject 46 accidentally discovered its own weakness today.
It tried to help contain a small fire, but got hurt from the flames in the process. With its consent, we proceeded to test what else can cause harm.
It seems that magic and non-physical substances such as fire and electricity harm it. One of the researchers is working on getting a hardlight emitter prototype so we can test for that as well.

Umbra calls in from the hall.
"You're, ah... Sure taking a while... Is everything all right in there?"

"Yea i am doing okay sorry i was just making sure that i looked up everything i can from the chemical..."

She sighed lightly as she closed down the entry and sighed. She now knew not to try and use magics when attempting to help Umbra. She refuses to use this information against him.

"i should be done now!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 12-19-2015

(12-18-2015, 11:51 PM)Corosar Wrote: "Yea i am doing okay sorry i was just making sure that i looked up everything i can from the chemical..."

She sighed lightly as she closed down the entry and sighed. She now knew not to try and use magics when attempting to help Umbra. She refuses to use this information against him.

"i should be done now!"

"You sure?"
Now might be a good time to download the files if she's still curious.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 12:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 11:51 PM)Corosar Wrote: "Yea i am doing okay sorry i was just making sure that i looked up everything i can from the chemical..."

"i should be done now!"

"You sure?"
Now might be a good time to download the files if she's still curious.

She sighed. She refused to take the data out of the place as it obviously meant to be secret. She slowly got up as she logged off the system and stretched knowing it may be a long time before she got the chance to see them again... but she rather play it safe instead of pinning a big target on her as a threat. She got up and headed out.

"yea i am done. sorry i took so long."

(12-19-2015, 12:25 AM)Corosar Wrote: She sighed. She refused to take the data out of the place as it obviously meant to be secret. She slowly got up as she logged off the system and stretched knowing it may be a long time before she got the chance to see them again... but she rather play it safe instead of pinning a big target on her as a threat. She got up and headed out.

"It's fine. Not like we have anywhere to go... You logged out, right?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 01:13 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 12:25 AM)Corosar Wrote: She sighed. She refused to take the data out of the place as it obviously meant to be secret. She slowly got up as she logged off the system and stretched knowing it may be a long time before she got the chance to see them again... but she rather play it safe instead of pinning a big target on her as a threat. She got up and headed out.

"It's fine. Not like we have anywhere to go... You logged out, right?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Yea i made sure to log out. I assumed that the fact you had to log in.. it be expected that the system is to be logged out as well."

She sighed as she held the dart.

"this is a sedative of some sort... but i can't find any information of the first half of the chemicals name... based on what i know i can assume that its a sedative meant to quell even dragons.. i wouldn't know for sure unless our friend knows more."

(12-19-2015, 01:31 AM)Corosar Wrote: She smiled and nodded.

"Yea i made sure to log out. I assumed that the fact you had to log in.. it be expected that the system is to be logged out as well."

She sighed as she held the dart.

"this is a sedative of some sort... but i can't find any information of the first half of the chemicals name... based on what i know i can assume that its a sedative meant to quell even dragons.. i wouldn't know for sure unless our friend knows more."

"As far as I know, we haven't started interrogation yet. That should happen tomorrow, at the very least."