Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 12-27-2015

The smell of foul smoke.  A dry soot coated throat.  A cough.  A cough meant he was still alive.  His heart leapt as he wheezed wildly; he felt sick, sick and barely alive.   With numbed limbs he grasped at his throat.  Water...  He needed.  He just coughed.  Interrupting his own thoughts as a clump of red and black shot from his mouth, impacting the ground as he cleaned his hands the best he could and wiped clumped soot from his eyes as well.  Finally he looked up.  His small home a burned out husk.  Smoke still slowly rising from it's embers within the metal shell.  A small mew was let out and he turned to look at the broken body of Sandrise, still alive, but barely, as she lay on her side, blood streaming from the edge of her mouth to the ground. 

It hurt, everything hurt, but he needed to help.  He couldn't lose anyone.  Especially not her; he reached out for her, his hands didn't reach far enough.  It forced him to drag himself forwards until finally, with ginger touch, he pulled her into his arms, and cradled her softly.  He whispered words of comfort,  Words of power as she was fortified from death.  He could manage no more right now as he felt her relax only slightly, feeling her body double in weight as the words left on his breath.  She was heavy, but he pushed one leg into the ground, pushing up to one knee, then slowly rising.  He felt his heart still thumping within him, looking around the trees that surrounded him, his body screamed at him as he pushed himself, one foot at a time, into a walk.  A soft "shhh-shh-shh."  Hushing his own body as his pain numbed itself.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-02-2016

A shuttle descended on a regularly scheduled flight from the portal station to the surface settlement.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-02-2016

Unknown time: Unlinked universe

"It's a demon!" A grizzled man in peasant's clothing points at the cloaked, hooded figure at the bar table.
"u-Uh..." Said figure looks back, glowing irises revealed despite the darkness of the hood. "No?..."
"Don't you try and lie to me, hellspawn!" The commoner grabs a plate and breaks it in two- a crude ceramic weapon. "No man has eyes like that!"
"Please, just leave me alone! I don't want trouble..."
"'Don't want trouble' my arse! Get out! Your kind doesn't belong here!" The man continues his approach, the rest of the bar rising with him.
The cloaked figure runs off, its hood falling off by accident, revealing two black-furred, elliptical ears with a solid black ring each and a face to match.
Caught again... Why can't I just get something to eat without being chased out by an angry mob?
It runs out into the streets, bystanders recognizing the black-ringed tail as the demon's and grabbing pitchforks to chase it out. It has no choice but to respond with weak, half-foot-high ledges of ice left in its tracks.
The villagers stop at the town border. The demon runs off into the woods, ending the hunt.

Minutes later, the imperiled demon reaches an empty road. It sits down at the side to catch its breath.
It's unfortunately unaware of the hunter in the bushes behind him, and only starts to turn when the arrow is loosed into its neck.

Nexus 17: Present day

Umbra wakes with a start. He sits upright in bed for a while, breathing somewhat heavily.
"What... How..."
He holds his head with one hand, not quite believing what he had just seen.
It's just a dream... Nothing but a dream...
His breathing slows and returns to normal with a sigh.
"..."
I need some coffee or something...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-02-2016

((IT'S ALIVVVEEE!!
But really though, the RP resumes, finally!... Maybe I should try again to get involved now, finally.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-03-2016

(01-02-2016, 11:54 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((IT'S ALIVVVEEE!!
But really though, the RP resumes, finally!... Maybe I should try again to get involved now, finally.))

// and Umbra's plot is thickening! FInally! Big Grin

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-03-2016

//I'd have loved to have stepped in front of that arrow for you. ^-^

(01-03-2016, 12:29 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //I'd have loved to have stepped in front of that arrow for you. ^-^

// Love the sentiment! shame it would have been impossible...

//I am not sure it would be. But if you wish it. Alright. Was offering to add connections.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-03-2016

*Surge is sitting on a bench in the park, people watching as usual but feeling much more content as he crunches numbers for syntax's armor design. As his current body is derived from powered armor it's actuators are very space efficient and have left him with a generous amount of processing hardware for things like this.*

(01-03-2016, 12:43 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //I am not sure it would be. But if you wish it. Alright. Was offering to add connections.

// Well, the intent was for it to be in a medieval world not linked to the Eden's portal hub.
// The 'demon' in question is also Umbra... in case it wasn't obvious enough. But, more importantly, it was Umbra before he became a spatial anomaly.
// (I would have elaborated more in the thing, but I kind of hit a block and just closed it up there... The Umbra part, anyway)
// Point being if someone had saved him from that, either the Nexus 17 Umbra would cease to exist or I'd have to find a different way to kill him.

(01-03-2016, 12:45 AM)Surge Wrote: *Surge is sitting on a bench in the park, people watching as usual but feeling much more content as he crunches numbers for syntax's armor design. As his current body is derived from powered armor it's actuators are very space efficient and have left him with a generous amount of processing hardware for things like this.*

Back in Engineering, Syntax is not only working on finalizing the prototype's schematics and preparing them for a prototype printing, but also on getting Surge more permanent access to that particular section of the Eden.
He's run into trouble convincing Management, however.

(01-03-2016, 04:13 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 12:43 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //I am not sure it would be.  But if you wish it.  Alright.  Was offering to add connections.

// Well, the intent was for it to be in a medieval world not linked to the Eden's portal hub.
// The 'demon' in question is also Umbra... in case it wasn't obvious enough. But, more importantly, it was Umbra before he became a spatial anomaly.
// (I would have elaborated more in the thing, but I kind of hit a block and just closed it up there... The Umbra part, anyway)
// Point being if someone had saved him from that, either the Nexus 17 Umbra would cease to exist or I'd have to find a different way to kill him.

//Not if you died anyways.  There are many ways about things.  But as I said.  As you wish.  I simply await the chance to interact.  And until such a time comes.  Will continue solo.

Nothing but the wind, rising smoke beyond trees.  He still walked, off the beaten path...  There were no paths anywhere near his place.  Solitude aside.  He moved, hopefully, towards the rising smoke of a distant villa.  He couldn't muster the strength to lift his head.  And a sudden pain at the center of his back. With a heavy force that almost pushed him to his front outright.  He fell to his knees, forced to release Sandrise to the ground as he grasped wildly at his back with his left arm.  He coughed; more fresh blood splashed across the grass.    He grasped at the dagger, burried into his back, and pulled it out, it had been driven in only slightly off center or else he'd have been done for in that instant.  He reeled on his side, blood starting to stain the back of his robe.  But it was slow, thick blood.  He heard footsteps.  He almost started crying in lost hope.  He thought little of his ability to react.  He couldn't do anything.  His body was too worn out after everything that had gone on.   He rolled to his side.  Looking up at the dark specter who he so had feared.  He wanted to bury himself into the ground at the sight of this grizzled shape.  Pristine unquenchable hate.  And a glimmer of familiarity at the back of his head.  But no memories attacked.  Just...  Odd familiarity.  They stepped over him, as if to pass by, as they went for Sandrise rather than to finish him off.  He lifted his hand up, as the dagger buried itself into their ankle.  Forwards they fell as Sandrise Skirted a bit away with a slow drag.  He found himself on top of them, swinging wildly at them.  They rolled over, and kicked him off, where he lay.  He couldn't get up again.  And the impact of a boot to his face stopped his struggle completely...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-03-2016

*a human in a Gaurd unifor strolls into the building, heading for the server room*
Lovely day for it!
*he would say to anyone who passed by him*

(01-03-2016, 02:29 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a human in a Gaurd unifor strolls into the building, heading for the server room*
Lovely day for it!

Assuming this is the guard station on Nexus, the receptionist stops him at the door.
"Your business, officer?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 01-04-2016

"...Gregor, you awake?"

Wurg sat up in her bed and yawned. It had been a bit since they went on that shopping...'adventure'. The dull-looking house seemed much more lived in now, if only because a few posters adorned the walls and a rug sat in the middle of the floor.

"Just...wondering, really. I assume you're all charged and everything at least."

Wurg herself looked decently different as well - her arms, upper torso, and head were no longer goldenrod and brown any more. Instead, thick white and grey fur covered that area, and stopped abruptly right below her breasts. There, the fur was still identical to her summer coat - a telltale sign of the cybernetic nature of her lower body. She shifted, and pushed herself off her bed. The charging cable connected right above her tail automatically disconnected as she stood and stretched. Her joints popped and clicked, and the servos in her legs whirred softly as they warmed up.

"I know I'm awake, at least."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 01:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Gregor, you awake?"

Wurg sat up in her bed and yawned. It had been a bit since they went on that shopping...'adventure'. The dull-looking house seemed much more lived in now, if only because a few posters adorned the walls and a rug sat in the middle of the floor.

"Just...wondering, really. I assume you're all charged and everything at least."

Wurg herself looked decently different as well - her arms, upper torso, and head were no longer goldenrod and brown any more. Instead, thick white and grey fur covered that area, and stopped abruptly right below her breasts. There, the fur was still identical to her summer coat - a telltale sign of the cybernetic nature of her lower body. She shifted, and pushed herself off her bed. The charging cable connected right above her tail automatically disconnected as she stood and stretched. Her joints popped and clicked, and the servos in her legs whirred softly as they warmed up.

Gregor's ears twitched at the sound of Wurg's voice, and he slowly cracked his eyes open. "I am now..."

Slowly he rose up from his own bed, next to Wurg's, and also stretched and yawned. What purpose those actions served for a mostly-synthetic Jakkai was anyone's guess.

"Yep, charged and ready to go!... as soon as I get some coffee."

His own cable disconnected and retracted back into the bed as he slipped off and began picking out the clothes he was going to wear. He settled on a pair of khaki shorts and a gray shirt with the crescent moon emblem on its front. Pretty casual, but he didn't expect to be going anywhere fancy.

Once dressed, he looked back over at Wurg and smiled. "So, what's on the agenda today? Want to go anywhere special?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-04-2016

(01-03-2016, 06:43 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 02:29 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a human in a Gaurd unifor strolls into the building, heading for the server room*
Lovely day for it!

Assuming this is the guard station on Nexus, the receptionist stops him at the door.
"Your business, officer?"
On my way to the server room, some of the cooling units are on the fritz again.
*he stares at the receptionist*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 02:10 AM)Comito Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 01:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Gregor, you awake?"

Gregor's ears twitched at the sound of Wurg's voice, and he slowly cracked his eyes open. "I am now..."

Slowly he rose up from his own bed, next to Wurg's, and also stretched and yawned. What purpose those actions served for a mostly-synthetic Jakkai was anyone's guess.

"Yep, charged and ready to go!... as soon as I get some coffee."

His own cable disconnected and retracted back into the bed as he slipped off and began picking out the clothes he was going to wear. He settled on a pair of khaki shorts and a gray shirt with the crescent moon emblem on its front. Pretty casual, but he didn't expect to be going anywhere fancy.

Once dressed, he looked back over at Wurg and smiled. "So, what's on the agenda today? Want to go anywhere special?"

"I have nothing much on my mind, honestly. Maybe just...walk around town or something? Maybe apply for a job? I dunno. We could go out and get some coffee, maybe..." Wurg trailed off, before chuckling softly. "Though I still find it funny how, even though you're mostly a robot, you still drink coffee. Hah."
She walked over to the drawer at the end of her bed, and pulled out some clothes. A plain white shirt, a pair of very short pale blue...shorts, and a bra. She took a few strides towards the bathroom, stepped inside, and locked the door behind her. A few minutes later, she stepped out, fully clothed.
"I'm ready to go now."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 02:20 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: On my way to the server room, some of the cooling units are on the fritz again.

She nods back, unfazed.
"Badge, please."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 02:27 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I have nothing much on my mind, honestly. Maybe just...walk around town or something? Maybe apply for a job? I dunno. We could go out and get some coffee, maybe..." Wurg trailed off, before chuckling softly. "Though I still find it funny how, even though you're mostly a robot, you still drink coffee. Hah."
She walked over to the drawer at the end of her bed, and pulled out some clothes. A plain white shirt, a pair of very short pale blue...shorts, and a bra. She took a few strides towards the bathroom, stepped inside, and locked the door behind her. A few minutes later, she stepped out, fully clothed.
"I'm ready to go now."

"Hey, I still like coffee even if I don't really need it anymore."

While Wurg was in the bathroom, Gregor went to a window and looked out at the village. Seemed like it had grown a bit in the past few weeks. He remembered the houses being vividly lit with festive lights during the humans' holiday season, but said season had come and gone, and most lights and decorations had been put away.

He sighed softly, turning toward Wurg when she came back out. "Alright. Guess we could start job-hunting again. It's been long enough, right?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 03:01 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 02:20 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: On my way to the server room, some of the cooling units are on the fritz again.

She nods back, unfazed.
"Badge, please."

*he flashes a authentic bag to the receptionist*
Any news on the new prisoners yet?