Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-22-2016

(01-21-2016, 03:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 03:28 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: //not related to rp, since the glitch are computer based is it possible for them to get viruses? How would they be transmitted if so?

// They're not (usually) connected to the internet, so e-mailing them won't work. The hacker would have to somehow gain direct access to the computer within.
// ...And by "somehow," I mean "split their case open and manually insert the virus."

Quote:not related to rp

// It better not be ಠ_ಠ
// Unless you were actually going to make a Glitch character that got hacked.
// That'd be cool.
//They aren't wireless capable, and have a killswitch that bricks them when their casing gets too damaged.  Otherwise they'd explode violently in an electrical diffuse when damaged rather than you know.  "Die".  Do realize also that a virus has to be built for a particular OS in order for it to actually do anything.  And the Glitch.OS isn't something accessable by simply getting glitch bodies.

//You'd be able to turn a glitch into a soulless automaton and program a new OS to run em.  But viruses are a no. 

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 10:00 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //They aren't wireless capable, and have a killswitch that bricks them when their casing gets too damaged.  Otherwise they'd explode violently in an electrical diffuse when damaged rather than you know.  "Die".  Do realize also that a virus has to be built for a particular OS in order for it to actually do anything.  And the Glitch.OS isn't something accessable by simply getting glitch bodies.

//You'd be able to turn a glitch into a soulless automaton and program a new OS to run em.  But viruses are a no. 

// I, uh... I guess?...
// You do have a point. Several, actually. Guess it makes enough sense to apply to this Glitch model.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-22-2016

Quote:"when you fly around space for weeks on end... its actually kinda nice to hear another's voice being friendly.. pirates tend to be a friggen pain in the ass when your FTL drive is recharging for another jump."

She giggled and smiled as she rubbed her neck softly.

"I dont know much about FTL tingys im afraid ;w; im not really the scientific type! Although i wouldent mind learning more about it when the time comes~"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 10:23 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:"when you fly around space for weeks on end... its actually kinda nice to hear another's voice being friendly.. pirates tend to be a friggen pain in the ass when your FTL drive is recharging for another jump."

She giggled and smiled as she rubbed her neck softly.

"I dont know much about FTL tingys im afraid ;w; im not really the scientific type! Although i wouldent mind learning more about it when the time comes~"

"i don't expect everyone to know about FTL systems. its okay honestly.. though i do feel that my system is rather inferior to the systems i have seen around the universe but at least mine seems untracable with this world's sensor systems."

She let out a sigh of relief.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-23-2016

The floor shook with the impact, as the medical bed was forced barely within his strength onto it's side, and he pushed it in front of the door. Hopefully that'd hold em, as he pullws odd the medical gown, showing his robes that sat upon his skin beneath once more, but now bare footed... Oh well. He opened the windows and kicked the screen loose before pulling it into the room. Only now did he look out. Fourth floor only. Not too bad... "Where is she?" Echoed through his head, as it had constantly since hhe awoke. And he slid across a small wind-cutter ledge on the building until he hit the gutter pipe. Thankfully he'd had the foresight to wrap cloth about his hands as he slid down it and ran off rapidly disappearing into the streets. Until he stopped to take a breath in a nearby alleyway. His chest hurt. Bandages sat reddened slightly beneath his robe, reddening the back of his robe slowly. Although it stopped soon after. He just stopped. There was no way he was paying for that. He had no money, he had no accounts, and he had no favors to call upon either. And that was that. As he just sat down... "Where is she?" He asked among the silent side-streets, to no one in particular as he relaxed a bit. Except maybe himself a little bit, in his desperation. She was alive at least, he knew nothing if not that. "Sandrise..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-23-2016

Surge sits on a bench, passively watching the planet turn underneath when a familiar voice asserts itself just behind him
"ah yes! quite the view and such, anyways I hear you're settling in a bit, which is excellent!"
Surge turns around and immediately recoils back when he realizes that 753 was leaning directly over him the entire time and asks
"h-how long have you been there?"
"a few minutes perhaps? I didn't really bother to keep track"
Surge gathers his composure and stands up to face 753
"you only ever don't bother to make yourself known from a comfortable distance when you want something, so what is it"
753 crosses his arms and would probably make a show of pouting if he had any facial features
"oh you're no fun, the best part of being nearly omnipotent is explaining things to the commoners. anyways I have an idea for an experiment, and it involves you"
"oh dear..."
"you see I try very hard to be discrete when I interfere with history for it's own good-"
"yeah you don't think most people are ready for what you represent"
Surge waves his arm to signal 753 to get to the point
"please don't interrupt I'm expositioning"
"that's not a word"
"I'll be the judge of that. anyways this means that sometimes I have to simply let things be for the worst, but then I was thinking about this place and I had an idea, instead of me directly intervening why not get some capable individuals from this world to intervene, as they would likely establish a connection with these universes at some point anyways, and it may as well be done at a time where they can do some good"
"so, where do I play into this?"
"well I can't very well just open a portal for these folks and let the flood gates rip, would cause more problems at a very precarious point in time, so I need somebody that I...understand, to lead things and make sure nobody makes too much of a mess"
Surge places a hand on his head and looks down
"oh man... so you want to put me in charge of leading a bunch of strangers to save a strange world I've never even visited from whatever you tell us is a threat?"
"well I suppose if they accept you as leader but I more need you to just keep their trail of disruption to a reasonable minimum"
"can I say no?"
"I suppose you could, but as I said, I understand you Surge, you may not like the idea of all this stress but I know that the idleness of staying here would be much worse on you, frankly I don't see how you could say no, but even if you do you'll change your answer before too long."
"...alright fine, so who are these other 'capable individuals' you wanted?"
"not sure yet, I'll figure it out and get back to you"
"...why-"
Surge is cut short by 753 suddenly disappearing into one of his portals, after which he quietly sits back down and stares at the ground in front of him.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-23-2016

Quote:"i don't expect everyone to know about FTL systems. its okay honestly.. though i do feel that my system is rather inferior to the systems i have seen around the universe but at least mine seems untracable with this world's sensor systems."

Tourmaline gave a nervous giggle not quite undertanding what the Avali was talking about but she nodded in interest anyways
"h-hehe yeah that must be a relife"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-23-2016

(01-23-2016, 12:49 AM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:"i don't expect everyone to know about FTL systems. its okay honestly.. though i do feel that my system is rather inferior to the systems i have seen around the universe but at least mine seems untracable with this world's sensor systems."

Tourmaline gave a nervous giggle not quite undertanding what the Avali was talking about but she nodded in interest anyways
"h-hehe yeah that must be a relife"

She let out a giggle suddenly realizing that what she was saying was way over her new friends head. She decided it be best not to elaborate further.

"hehe so.. .sorry about that... but yea it is a releif. h... hey syntax? i.. is the hospital nearby?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-23-2016

(01-23-2016, 01:04 AM)Corosar Wrote: She let out a giggle suddenly realizing that what she was saying was way over her new friends head. She decided it be best not to elaborate further.

"hehe so.. .sorry about that... but yea it is a releif. h... hey syntax? i.. is the hospital nearby?"

"We should be there after the next turn."

(01-23-2016, 01:19 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 01:04 AM)Corosar Wrote: She let out a giggle suddenly realizing that what she was saying was way over her new friends head. She decided it be best not to elaborate further.

"We should be there after the next turn."

She grinned widely. She was almost excited to use her neural interface again.

"ahh great thank you so much for being my guide... i kinda feel naked without the use of my neural systems... once you get use to it.. it is kind of a dampener when you lose it."

She nervously giggled and sighed.

(I totally forget who didn't want to be bothered by 753, I think coro wasn't on board with it)

(01-23-2016, 02:37 AM)Surge Wrote: (I totally forget who didn't want to be bothered by 753, I think coro wasn't on board with it)

// to be honest... i believe i said i remained neutral.. i doesn't bother me too much if i am bothered or not though as long as i am not displaced too harshly... or put into a position where i would be unable to get out of it without using a deus ex machina of some sort.

(I'm still debating the exact mechanics of these expeditions, 753 would likely have a "you can go home any time you are able but the task stands until it is completed and you don't have all year" policy but that may not be agreeable to most.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-23-2016

Quote:She grinned widely. She was almost excited to use her neural interface again.

"ahh great thank you so much for being my guide... i kinda feel naked without the use of my neural systems... once you get use to it.. it is kind of a dampener when you lose it."

@im guessing its kinda like a pair of glasses? once you get tyhem it feels really weird when your not wearing them?@

(01-23-2016, 03:58 AM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:She grinned widely. She was almost excited to use her neural interface again.

@im guessing its kinda like a pair of glasses? once you get tyhem it feels really weird when your not wearing them?@

she nodded softly.

"y...yea actually i would say so... its like breaking your glasses when you need them to do most things in life... but before you realize you need them you don't know what your missing kinda thing... then when your missing it... you start craving said tool that you use to be able to have... so yea your kinda right."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-23-2016

(01-23-2016, 02:37 AM)Surge Wrote: (I totally forget who didn't want to be bothered by 753, I think coro wasn't on board with it)

// I'm half on, half off. Syntax wouldn't be of much help, but I'm willing to send Umbra places.

(01-23-2016, 05:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:

// I'm half on, half off. Syntax wouldn't be of much help, but I'm willing to send Umbra places.
(Come to think of it I'll have to think of plots that can be solved peacefully or discretely.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-23-2016

(01-23-2016, 12:49 AM)Surge Wrote: [sass fifty-three]

((I continue to be down with this idea. I have yet to actually introduce all my characters though, and pretty much none of the ones who would actually go, so I'm going to have to do that tomorrow.))

(right so I think I have the mechanics sorted. I won't spoil things publicly but lemme know if you want me to pm you anything about the coming adventure, how you'll get there and back, and how 753 will be gathering people. I'll send out any PMs sometime around noon tomorrow, then around 3 I start setting things in motion.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 01-23-2016

((I'd love to jump into this completely oblivious of what was going to happen.))