Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-23-2016

Quote:she nodded softly.

"y...yea actually i would say so... its like breaking your glasses when you need them to do most things in life... but before you realize you need them you don't know what your missing kinda thing... then when your missing it... you start craving said tool that you use to be able to have... so yea your kinda right."

"Well atleast your going to get them fixed today~ and not long either!"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-23-2016

(Okay, so who is where right now. I REALLY need to put myself on the map somewhere)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-23-2016

(01-23-2016, 05:52 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: (Okay, so who is where right now. I REALLY need to put myself on the map somewhere)

// Syntax, Coro, and Tourmaline are together on the Eden. Surge and Shaad's characters are also on the Eden.

// Umbra and Joey's character are both planetside.

// I have absolutely no idea where Rinoah's character is.

// This is counting people who have posted within the last 10 or so pages.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-23-2016

//Alleyway in the planet settlement near a hospital building dealing with a "minor" injury. (A treated severe injury) after having escaped the hospital because no money to pay them with.

(01-23-2016, 06:05 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: //Alleyway in the planet settlement near a hospital building dealing with a "minor" injury.  (A treated severe injury) after having escaped the hospital because no money to pay them with.

// Ah. Well, I'm not doing anything.
// Maybe I'll just write something about Umbra. Maybe do a little worldbuilding, too.

Atop a hill in the forest overlooking the settlement lies a large tree. Its branches reach for lofty heights, looming over the forest.
Umbra, black-ringed, lies down at the base, resting his back and head on the immensely thick trunk. The thousands of leafless branches provide little shade from the sun, but enough shade to rest under.
Nonetheless, his hat is pulled over his eyes in order to rest up a little.
Not too far away lies a stone with a metal plaque bolted on. It reads:
IN MEMORIAM OF THE FALLEN
We thank the many who gave their lives
to ensure the safety of future generations
and The Nexus as a whole. May they live
on in our hearts, and may this tree serve
to represent the endeavor they had gone
through for time immemorial.

~Aboard the Eden, in one of the dimensional portal chambers~

An unknown datastream began to infiltrate one of the computers regulating portal #3.
System integrity alarms started to sound as technicians scrambled to isolate the source and properly direct the data to analysis, but their barriers were being ignored.

The portal began to gather energy and a light burst forth in its opening, connecting it to a world yet unknown.

(01-23-2016, 07:11 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: ~Aboard the Eden, in one of the dimensional portal chambers~

An unknown datastream began to infiltrate one of the computers regulating portal #3.
System integrity alarms started to sound as technicians scrambled to isolate the source and properly direct the data to analysis, but their barriers were being ignored.

The portal began to gather energy and a light burst forth in its opening, connecting it to a world yet unknown.

Not too long afterwards, several Guards show up in defensive gear, just in case.
After all, they can't be too careful.

// Just gonna throw that in here. NPC activity! \o wo/

The light swelled and illuminated the entire room, computers going absolutely haywire from the overload of data as the engineers and technicians tried to at least record the data coming through so they could figure out just what had happened to allow this.

Blonde hair begins to emerge from the blindingly bright portal, soon followed by a woman's face and shoulders.

She seemed to float effortlessly through what all sensors indicated was an impossible amount of energy that had been connected to the other side of the portal, and came to rest on her feet before the opening. 

The portal's path collapsed, that blinding eternity being ripped away from the frame of the gateway as though time and space itself had just inverted and were being torn away to collapse in a singularity and be lost forever.

Her eyes closed, she breathed deep and stood straight even as the portal's collapse sent a blast of charged particle wind back at her, sending her hair flying about and her robe flapping about her plump curvy figure. By the standards of most humanoids, she was of downright divine beauty if a bit on the plus size.

Time seemed to slow to a heartbeat in the room as the system recovered, but all the dust and energy surges had left alarms blaring throughout the station block

(01-23-2016, 07:44 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: The light swelled and illuminated the entire room, computers going absolutely haywire from the overload of data as the engineers and technicians tried to at least record the data coming through so they could figure out just what had happened to allow this.

Blonde hair begins to emerge from the blindingly bright portal, soon followed by a woman's face and shoulders.

She seemed to float effortlessly through what all sensors indicated was an impossible amount of energy that had been connected to the other side of the portal, and came to rest on her feet before the opening. 

The portal's path collapsed, that blinding eternity being ripped away from the frame of the gateway as though time and space itself had just inverted and were being torn away to collapse in a singularity and be lost forever.

Her eyes closed, she breathed deep and stood straight even as the portal's collapse sent a blast of charged particle wind back at her, sending her hair flying about and her robe flapping about her plump curvy figure. By the standards of most humanoids, she was of downright divine beauty if a bit on the plus size.

Time seemed to slow to a heartbeat in the room as the system recovered, but all the dust and energy surges had left alarms blaring throughout the station block

Syntax's audio inputs register the several alarms.
"Coro, I will have to leave you here. The hospital you need to go to is three doors down. I will talk to you later, okay?"
Just like that, he turns around and makes a break for the portal hub.
Wait a minute... I do not have my tools. Oh, well.

The Guards do not falter. The hardlight shields form as the enforcers shade their eyes with their other arms.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-23-2016

(I suppose I need to start rounding people up)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-24-2016

// Come to think of it, I think 753 would be very interested in this new iteration of Umbra.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-24-2016

(I've thought of that, in fact I had their meeting planned out well in advance, lemme get that rolling actually, where is he currently?)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-24-2016

(01-23-2016, 07:44 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: The light swelled and illuminated the entire room, computers going absolutely haywire from the overload of data as the engineers and technicians tried to at least record the data coming through so they could figure out just what had happened to allow this.

The man slides so fast into the gateway room that he nearly leaves the ground, and he unceremoniously slides himself into a control panel
"I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD! SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!" he yells at the top of his lungs.

((I'm going to try the text=action and "text"=speaking style for a while. I'm used to writing for stories, so perhaps my RP quality will be improved by following that style rather than my usual text=speaking and *text*=action. Maybe.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Lost Rinoah - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 12:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((I'm going to try the text=action and "text"=speaking style for a while. I'm used to writing for stories, so perhaps my RP quality will be improved by following that style rather than my usual text=speaking and *text*=action. Maybe.))

//It tends to be a lot easier to distinguish and allows more fluid transition when in RPs.  Just remember the part about speech often getting it's own separation. 

//The man prepared himself to speak with a soft cough.

"Like this, it's a lot simpler and breaks things up for bite sized bits."

And then he(I) went off to get some food.)))

(01-24-2016, 12:24 AM)Surge Wrote: (I've thought of that, in fact I had their meeting planned out well in advance, lemme get that rolling actually, where is he currently?)

// He's currently doing nothing at the base of a huge tree/memorial that overlooks the settlement.

(01-24-2016, 12:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
The man slides so fast into the gateway room that he nearly leaves the ground, and he unceremoniously slides himself into a control panel
"I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD! SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!" he yells at the top of his lungs.

((I'm going to try the text=action and "text"=speaking style for a while. I'm used to writing for stories, so perhaps my RP quality will be improved by following that style rather than my usual text=speaking and *text*=action. Maybe.))

One of the guards gives him a funny look through the helmet visor.
"Sir, what are you doing here? We have this under control."
Syntax arrives in the area as well.
"What is going on and what needs-"
He then notices the radiant woman.
"..."
"I do not know if I should even ask."

(01-24-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:24 AM)Surge Wrote: (I've thought of that, in fact I had their meeting planned out well in advance, lemme get that rolling actually, where is he currently?)

// He's currently doing nothing at the base of a huge tree/memorial that overlooks the settlement.

(01-24-2016, 12:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:

One of the guards gives him a funny look through the helmet visor.
"Sir, what are you doing here? We have this under control."
Syntax arrives in the area as well.
"What is going on and what needs-"
He then notices the radiant woman.
"..."
"I do not know if I should even ask."

*753 begins tapping his foot and humming to himself not far behind umbra, waiting to get his attention*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-24-2016

(01-23-2016, 02:57 PM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:she nodded softly.

"y...yea actually i would say so... its like breaking your glasses when you need them to do most things in life... but before you realize you need them you don't know what your missing kinda thing... then when your missing it... you start craving said tool that you use to be able to have... so yea your kinda right."

"Well atleast your going to get them fixed today~ and not long either!"
She nodded and smiled.

"Yea i am very happy to be able to go and get it ...."
(01-23-2016, 08:16 PM)Umbra Wrote:

Syntax's audio inputs register the several alarms.
"Coro, I will have to leave you here. The hospital you need to go to is three doors down. I will talk to you later, okay?"
Just like that, he turns around and makes a break for the portal hub.
Wait a minute... I do not have my tools. Oh, well.

The Guards do not falter. The hardlight shields form as the enforcers shade their eyes with their other arms.
Her ears perked up as she let out a soft sigh. She made sure to keep note of where they are as she watched syntax run off. She looked to tourmaline and blinked softly.

"i don't know about you... but i want to know what the hell is going on... i am going to go and check this out..."

She immediately followed syntax trying to keep out of sight keeping her medkit at the ready. As she poked her nose into the portal room she looked at the person standing in front of the freshly closed portal. She slowly began to mumble to herself.

"w.... who is that...."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-24-2016

"Goodness, such a fuss. Hopefully I didn't break anything this time." The woman remarks, finally opening her eyes. They were the same golden shade as her hair.

"It seems safe to assume that new arrivals have forms to fill out?"

(01-24-2016, 01:59 AM)Surge Wrote: *753 begins tapping his foot and humming to himself not far behind umbra, waiting to get his attention*

He's... Asleep. Umbra isn't even moving except for the slow rise and fall of his chest called breathing.

(01-24-2016, 02:20 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Goodness, such a fuss. Hopefully I didn't break anything this time." The woman remarks, finally opening her eyes. They were the same golden shade as her hair.

The guards lower shields and one steps forward.
"Not at all, miss. Just don't cause trouble and everything will go smoothly."
The contingent starts their walk back toward HQ while Syntax rushes over to her.
...At least, it seemed that way. He actually starts examining the portal base.

(01-24-2016, 03:07 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 01:59 AM)Surge Wrote: *753 begins tapping his foot and humming to himself not far behind umbra, waiting to get his attention*

He's... Asleep. Umbra isn't even moving except for the slow rise and fall of his chest called breathing.

(01-24-2016, 02:20 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Goodness, such a fuss. Hopefully I didn't break anything this time." The woman remarks, finally opening her eyes. They were the same golden shade as her hair.

The guards lower shields and one steps forward.
"Not at all, miss. Just don't cause trouble and everything will go smoothly."
The contingent starts their walk back toward HQ while Syntax rushes over to her.
...At least, it seemed that way. He actually starts examining the portal base.
*not a problem, 753 has time. Well he has time, but not a lot of patience for idleness, he makes a mental note to check in later and sets off to locate somebody else*