Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 03:07 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 01:59 AM)Surge Wrote: *753 begins tapping his foot and humming to himself not far behind umbra, waiting to get his attention*

He's... Asleep. Umbra isn't even moving except for the slow rise and fall of his chest called breathing.

(01-24-2016, 02:20 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Goodness, such a fuss. Hopefully I didn't break anything this time." The woman remarks, finally opening her eyes. They were the same golden shade as her hair.

"It seems safe to assume that new arrivals have forms to fill out?"

The guards lower shields and one steps forward.
"Not at all, miss. Just don't cause trouble and everything will go smoothly."
The contingent starts their walk back toward HQ while Syntax rushes over to her.
...At least, it seemed that way. He actually starts examining the portal base.

She let out a sigh of relief. She was happy she didn't need to worry about anything at all. Still she was happy she was nearby just in case the situation went south. She made her way back to tourmaline and looked down giggling softly.

"s... sorry about that.. i... i am always worried when i hear alarms going off nearby."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-24-2016

"Oh that's even better. I'm not actually sure where I ended up, only that its somewhere I am pretty sure that I haven't been before." She smiles.

"Anyway, I'm Danu Geldarc. Nice to meet you."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 01:53 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:24 AM)Surge Wrote: (I've thought of that, in fact I had their meeting planned out well in advance, lemme get that rolling actually, where is he currently?)

// He's currently doing nothing at the base of a huge tree/memorial that overlooks the settlement.

(01-24-2016, 12:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
The man slides so fast into the gateway room that he nearly leaves the ground, and he unceremoniously slides himself into a control panel
"I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD! SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON!" he yells at the top of his lungs.

((I'm going to try the text=action and "text"=speaking style for a while. I'm used to writing for stories, so perhaps my RP quality will be improved by following that style rather than my usual text=speaking and *text*=action. Maybe.))

One of the guards gives him a funny look through the helmet visor.
"Sir, what are you doing here? We have this under control."
Syntax arrives in the area as well.
"What is going on and what needs-"
He then notices the radiant woman.
"..."
"I do not know if I should even ask."
"WHAT AM I DO-
DID YOU NOT HEAR THE ALARMS?! I'M AN ENGINEER. I'M SUPPOSED TO GO TO THE ALARMS AND STOP WHATEVER IS CAUSING THEM, OBVIOUSLY."

(01-24-2016, 03:36 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh that's even better. I'm not actually sure where I ended up, only that its somewhere I am pretty sure that I haven't been before." She smiles.

"Anyway, I'm Danu Geldarc. Nice to meet you."

The man ignores whatever remark the guard would have had, and turns his full attention to Danu.
"HELLO M'LADY, I AM SCYNMIRKIRAELO NILREM, HEAD CHIEF FREELANCE ENGINEER FOR THE EDEN, THIS FINE STATION," he hollers as quietly as he can.

He briefly glances in 753's direction. "And you... I WILL LEAVE YOU TO THE OTHER ENGINEERS."

Turning back to Danu, he clears his throat and grins widely, showing somewhat misshapen teeth. "WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SHOW YOU AROUND?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-24-2016

*753 makes a mental note to just portal to his next destination instead of walking and stops to observe*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 04:16 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He briefly glances in 753's direction. "And you... I WILL LEAVE YOU TO THE OTHER ENGINEERS."

"I suppose that would be me."
Syntax makes his way to the Droidric Prince.
"Can I help you with anything, erm..." 
His eyes narrow into a squinted expression.
"...Unit?"

(01-24-2016, 06:08 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 04:16 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He briefly glances in 753's direction. "And you... I WILL LEAVE YOU TO THE OTHER ENGINEERS."

"I suppose that would be me."
Syntax makes his way to the Droidric Prince.
"Can I help you with anything, erm..." 
His eyes narrow into a squinted expression.
"...Unit?"
753 looks Syntax up and down briefly "no I doubt you could, but I imagine some other folks here might, since subtlety is clearly out the window would any of you fine folks like to help me avert some far off disaster? It really is no problem if you don't odds are likely you'll never even witness the consequences personally"
A small portal drops a deck of cards into one of 753's hands and he begins to shuffle it idly

(01-24-2016, 06:12 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 looks Syntax up and down briefly "no I doubt you could, but I imagine some other folks here might, since subtlety is clearly out the window would any of you fine folks like to help me avert some far off disaster? It really is no problem if you don't odds are likely you'll never even witness the consequences personally"
A small portal drops a deck of cards into one of 753's hands and he begins to shuffle it idly

The Glitch shoots 753 a skeptical look.
"I am not sure what you are talking about, but I doubt I want a part of-"
He's interrupted by the card summoning. His 'eyes' return to normal shape, but bigger.
"What-... How did-..." He takes a moment to look and point at the interdimensional robot before him and the impossible act that was just performed.
"...How in the known multidimensional framework did you manage that?"

// I'm honestly starting to see 753 as your own take on a Daedric Prince. Something about him reminds me of Hermaeus Mora...
// as well as a bit of Sheogorath and Clavicus Vile thrown in for good measure. Maybe a bit of Dr. Who as well.

(01-24-2016, 06:26 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 06:12 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 looks Syntax up and down briefly "no I doubt you could, but I imagine some other folks here might, since subtlety is clearly out the window would any of you fine folks like to help me avert some far off disaster? It really is no problem if you don't odds are likely you'll never even witness the consequences personally"

The Glitch shoots 753 a skeptical look.
"I am not sure what you are talking about, but I doubt I want a part of-"
He's interrupted by the card summoning. His 'eyes' return to normal shape, but bigger.
"What-... How did-..." He takes a moment to look and point at the interdimensional robot before him and the impossible act that was just performed.
"...How in the known multidimensional framework did you manage that?"

// I'm honestly starting to see 753 as your own take on a Daedric Prince. Something about him reminds me of Hermaeus Mora...
// as well as a bit of Sheogorath and Clavicus Vile thrown in for good measure. Maybe a bit of Dr. Who as well.
(it's very fitting of his almost-not-delusions of godhood.)
753 shrugs, casually responding
"I keep my lab very organized, and I'm the only who uses it, I would think I would know where I left these to call them"
He continues idly shuffling the cards, though they're obviously not playing cards as evidenced by how stiff they are as he moves them around.

(01-24-2016, 06:30 AM)Surge Wrote: (it's very fitting of his almost-not-delusions of godhood.)
"I keep my lab very organized, and I'm the only who uses it, I would think I would know where I left these to call them"
He continues idly shuffling the cards, though they're obviously not playing cards as evidenced by how stiff they are as he moves them around.

// well, he's got aspects of all four. Mora literally knows almost everything, as does 753. They have somewhat similar personalities as well.
// The Dr. Who bit is... Well, obvious.
// Vile likes "meddling with mortals," and I think 753 does that, too. He's certainly doing it right now.
// As for Sheogorath... I think you mentioned once that 753 is a little insane. He's also very nonchalant about how he constantly does the impossible. Like Sheo. Kind of.
// I'm probably just making connections that aren't there, though. I've done it to myself, and now I'm doing it to you... Sorry .///.

"You just defied the laws of physics, space, and time simultaneously, yet you are acting as if this is normal?"
He puts a hand to his own head.
"I... I think I might need to recharge..."

(01-24-2016, 06:43 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 06:30 AM)Surge Wrote: (it's very fitting of his almost-not-delusions of godhood.)

// well, he's got aspects of all four. Mora literally knows almost everything, as does 753. They have somewhat similar personalities as well.
// The Dr. Who bit is... Well, obvious.
// Vile likes "meddling with mortals," and I think 753 does that, too. He's certainly doing it right now.
// As for Sheogorath... I think you mentioned once that 753 is a little insane. He's also very nonchalant about how he constantly does the impossible. Like Sheo. Kind of.
// I'm probably just making connections that aren't there, though. I've done it to myself, and now I'm doing it to you... Sorry .///.

"You just defied the laws of physics, space, and time simultaneously, yet you are acting as if this is normal?"
He puts a hand to his own head.
"I... I think I might need to recharge..."
753 stops shuffling the cards and holds his hand out to the side, dropping them into another portal as it appears
"Which ones? I haven't really studied what laws are in effect in this universe. Not that it matters I suppose, past a certain point you have to learn to make them look the other way lest your previously very solid bits suddenly sublimate."
(Full disclosure 753 can simply put up a good act about knowing everything, as he can move up and down the timeline with respect to paradox laws he simply learns thoroughly about the events he wishes to interfere with and any others that strike his fancy after the fact, but once he actually derails the timeline he can only guess what will happen. Though a few million years experience makes you very good at predicting people and events.)

(01-24-2016, 06:47 AM)Surge Wrote: 753 stops shuffling the cards and holds his hand out to the side, dropping them into another portal as it appears
"Which ones? I haven't really studied what laws are in effect in this universe. Not that it matters I suppose, past a certain point you have to learn to make them look the other way lest your previously very solid bits suddenly sublimate."
(Full disclosure 753 can simply put up a good act about knowing everything, as he can move up and down the timeline with respect to paradox laws he simply learns thoroughly about the events he wishes to interfere with and any others that strike his fancy after the fact, but once he actually derails the timeline he can only guess what will happen. Though a few million years experience makes you very good at predicting people and events.)

"I did not even know my processors could hurt until now..."
Syntax walks off, overloaded with unprocessable information.

"Yes well"
753 turns his attention back to the other people in the room
"My question remains unanswered."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-24-2016

Quote:Her ears perked up as she let out a soft sigh. She made sure to keep note of where they are as she watched syntax run off. She looked to tourmaline and blinked softly.

"i don't know about you... but i want to know what the hell is going on... i am going to go and check this out..."

She immediately followed syntax trying to keep out of sight keeping her medkit at the ready. As she poked her nose into the portal room she looked at the person standing in front of the freshly closed portal. She slowly began to mumble to herself.

"w.... who is that...."

"H-hey Coro shouldent you get your Neuron thingy fixed first?" Said the pink gem as she sprinted to keep up with her avali friend

(since it may not be clear 753 is apparently in the same room as everyone else currently and it's shaad's fault)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 06:19 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: >System rebooting

>Failure

>Power Shortage

>>ENTER PASSCODE<<

>>...<<

>>ACCEPTED<<

((Silence does not equate to an okay, and never does.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - UnamusedAvali - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 04:27 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 06:19 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: >System rebooting

>Failure

>Power Shortage

>>ENTER PASSCODE<<

>>...<<

>>ACCEPTED<<

((Silence does not equate to an okay, and never does.))
//You realise all it can do is talk?

(very well I suppose I should have chimed in when this was first proposed. I don't see any explicit issue in allowing somebody to play a malfunctioning low level station AI so long as it's not malicious, however I don't see a lot of potential to actually do anything with such a character in the short term, and without any short term possibilities the long term possibilities are harder to realize. additionally there's the issue of needing approval from more of the group due to the fact that your character is essentially part of the setting and things have to retconned to accomodate him.)

(01-24-2016, 04:34 PM)Surge Wrote: (very well I suppose I should have chimed in when this was first proposed. I don't see any explicit issue in allowing somebody to play a malfunctioning low level station AI so long as it's not malicious, however I don't see a lot of potential to actually do anything with such a character in the short term, and without any short term possibilities the long term possibilities are harder to realize. additionally there's the issue of needing approval from more of the group due to the fact that your character is essentially part of the setting and things have to retconned to accomodate him.)
//That's all fine and dandy.
//Just one sec...

//I prefer to have AI characters, mainly because emotions are hard and I don't really feel much besides relief. Plus, actually interacting with people is hard because they could imagine something completely different to what you are. The general idea is something that can communicate with people and help while not being something that can directly engage with people and then cause problems (Over-powered, aggressive, insulting, relies on others too much, forces people into situations, etc. etc.) because I do a lot of that in RP and literally giving myself no way to do it is the best course of action while still participating.

(01-24-2016, 04:35 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 04:34 PM)Surge Wrote: (very well I suppose I should have chimed in when this was first proposed. I don't see any explicit issue in allowing somebody to play a malfunctioning low level station AI so long as it's not malicious, however I don't see a lot of potential to actually do anything with such a character in the short term, and without any short term possibilities the long term possibilities are harder to realize. additionally there's the issue of needing approval from more of the group due to the fact that your character is essentially part of the setting and things have to retconned to accomodate him.)
//That's all fine and dandy.
//Just one sec...

//I prefer to have AI characters, mainly because emotions are hard and I don't really feel much besides relief. Plus, actually interacting with people is hard because they could imagine something completely different to what you are. The general idea is something that can communicate with people and help while not being something that can directly engage with people and then cause problems (Over-powered, aggressive, insulting, relies on others too much, forces people into situations, etc. etc.) because I do a lot of that in RP and literally giving myself no way to do it is the best course of action while still participating.
(it's your character and you're a grown ass man, I can't really tell you how to make him. All I'm doing is making clear that while my opinion of the character idea isn't great I have no problem with it.)

(01-24-2016, 05:04 PM)Surge Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 04:35 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //That's all fine and dandy.
//Just one sec...

(it's your character and you're a grown ass man, I can't really tell you how to make him. All I'm doing is making clear that while my opinion of the character idea isn't great I have no problem with it.)
//Yeah, if everyone has the same view though I see no real reason to continue with it. But hey, thanks for being supportive.