Avali Nexus
Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: User Created Content (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Thread: Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? (/showthread.php?tid=63)

Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? - DaBayleySaur - 11-05-2015

So. I was sitting in my bed, on my computer, since my laptop has made me lazy, and a thought came to me.
"You know what? I don't like the starbound humans too much."
I just realized it. Mostly, I don't like them since they aren't really too sci-fi. So I had an idea. Obviously I can't make them really high tech, that's the Apex job. But what if I made them like the old cheesy Sci-fi? You know, the ones in the flamoyantly bright clothing and low budget effects, where it wasn't so dark and gritty and dull and grey. I have the basic ideas, though I haven't got to making the race, since there is no template for me, but a reddit poster says they are making one so I'll be waiting for that. So in the mean time, I had to expand on the lore. But I realised, I was terrible at lore. So I came to the place with the best loremakers I know.
That friendly bloke in the ally outside the Co-op
You guys! The bare bones I have so far is that when the Roswell Incident occurred, a UFO did actually land, and the government took the ship and reversed engineered the warp drive. Humans are called Earthlings, and the Earth was not destroyed.

RE: Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? - Shaadaris - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 07:54 PM)DaBayleySaur Wrote: So. I was sitting in my bed, on my computer, since my laptop has made me lazy, and a thought came to me.
I just realized it. Mostly, I don't like them since they aren't really too sci-fi. So I had an idea. Obviously I can't make them really high tech, that's the Apex job. But what if I made them like the old cheesy Sci-fi? You know, the ones in the flamoyantly bright clothing and low budget effects, where it wasn't so dark and gritty and dull and grey. I have the basic ideas, though I haven't got to making the race, since there is no template for me, but a reddit poster says they are making one so I'll be waiting for that. So in the mean time, I had to expand on the lore. But I realised, I was terrible at lore. So I came to the place with the best loremakers I know.
You guys! The bare bones I have so far is that when the Roswell Incident occurred, a UFO did actually land, and the government took the ship and reversed engineered the warp drive. Humans are called Earthlings, and the Earth was not destroyed.

Congratulations, your lore is already as deep as the other Starbound races. All that's left lorewise is to add a few codexes (codi?) with some serious 50's Narm Charm, change the searching dialogue to be less modern, and you're all set.

Of course, I assume you probably want help on the codexes (codi??), but I don't know if I could help in that department.

RE: Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? - Jim_Clonk - 11-06-2015

(11-05-2015, 08:55 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 07:54 PM)DaBayleySaur Wrote: So. I was sitting in my bed, on my computer, since my laptop has made me lazy, and a thought came to me.

Congratulations, your lore is already as deep as the other Starbound races. All that's left lorewise is to add a few codexes (codi?) with some serious 50's Narm Charm, change the searching dialogue to be less modern, and you're all set.

Of course, I assume you probably want help on the codexes (codi??), but I don't know if I could help in that department.
Codexes or codices apparently.

RE: Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? - Ranger_92 - 11-12-2015

Will this mod (if successfully made) feature on Chucklefish?

RE: Help With Starbound Human Replacement Mod? - DaBayleySaur - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 08:51 AM)Ranger_92 Wrote: Will this mod (if successfully made) feature on Chucklefish?

Probably.