Avali Nexus
(Machinima) Starbound: The Monsters Below - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: User Created Content (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Thread: (Machinima) Starbound: The Monsters Below (/showthread.php?tid=66)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - YDH - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 01:14 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Hrm... Well I'm pretty sure Humans can survive more than 30C, just not very comfortably.
I dunno. And yeah, this is why Avali were originally intended to be their own thing. Only once Starbound came into the picture did they need to interact with other races... Which is also around the time the lore started being less and less regarded due to obvious mechanical issues.

Honestly, trying to make the Avali in your Machinima fit their lore perfectly is a flawed concept in the first place due to using Starbound's variation on the Avali, which at this point I think all of us and Ryu consider sort of a spinoff. Like Stargate: Infinity is to Stargate SG1, Atlantis, and Universe. Similar idea, but the lore and concepts are pretty borked.

Just go with what feels right. It's your Machnima. Doesn't have to follow the Avali lore just as it doesn't have to follow the Starbound lore.
Yeah, my choice of having an avali was basically because I liked that they didn't get along with humans, so I thought it was an interesting dynamic. It's ended up evolving into one of the major plot points, but sometimes I wish I'd picked something else, but by then it was too late...

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - Shaadaris - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 01:19 AM)YDH Wrote: Yeah, my choice of having an avali was basically because I liked that they didn't get along with humans, so I thought it was an interesting dynamic. It's ended up evolving into one of the major plot points, but sometimes I wish I'd picked something else, but by then it was too late...

Ah! Just throw some Mutagen-169 at 'em! That'll solve your problem. BAM! Your Avali is now a Penguin! A Kineptic! A Peglaci! Anything is possible with 169!

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - Surge - 07-11-2016

Is it time for round 2 of TF roulette already?

(07-11-2016, 01:47 AM)Surge Wrote: Is it time for round 2 of TF roulette already?

Only round 2? I could have sworn there'd been more.

(07-11-2016, 01:51 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 01:47 AM)Surge Wrote: Is it time for round 2 of TF roulette already?

Only round 2? I could have sworn there'd been more.
We're either on 2 or 3, I honestly forget.

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - Lost Rinoah - 07-11-2016

this isn't really helpful to the content creator.

(07-11-2016, 02:08 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: this isn't really helpful to the content creator.

We're aware of that.

If they get too annoying I can always lampoon them in my machinima. I can see it now, Team Yellow tangles a pair of ineffectual comedic villains; an uplifted umbreon and a living gear who go around turning things into other things!

...I kid, of course.

The umbreon has to be mildly psychotic.

(07-11-2016, 02:48 AM)Surge Wrote: The umbreon has to be mildly psychotic.
FTFY.

Edit: Oh wait, Shaadaris isn't a gear here anymore. A living neon sign, then. It shapeshifts to form disturbing shapes and naughty words.

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - YDH - 08-15-2016

...Still plugging along...
[Image: SneekPeek_zpskjyyc5eu.jpg]

[Image: STMB%20Teaser_zpst91oofe8.jpg]

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - Lost Rinoah - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 06:58 AM)YDH Wrote: ...Still plugging along...

Those are some beautiful grounds designs.  Well done!

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - YDH - 08-16-2016

(08-15-2016, 02:10 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:

Those are some beautiful grounds designs.  Well done!

Thanks, glad you like them! Unfortunately I have no release date for the finale, but it's starting to get close.

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - dancool57 - 08-16-2016

That's some very nice work, keep it up.

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - YDH - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 08:52 AM)dancool57 Wrote:
That's some very nice work, keep it up.
Thank you!

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - Dipdoo - 08-19-2016

To echo what others have said, great work!

I've watched all of them so far and have loved every one. It's a style I've never seen before and you make it work well, I hope to see more. Big Grin

RE: Starbound: The Monsters Below (Machinima) - YDH - 08-19-2016

(08-19-2016, 12:56 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: To echo what others have said, great work!

I've watched all of them so far and have loved every one. It's a style I've never seen before and you make it work well, I hope to see more. Big Grin
Glad to hear it! You will see more, I promise. I'm working on the season finale right now!

RE: (Machinima) Starbound: The Monsters Below - UberCatSR - 09-04-2016

Can I simply say that the series are awesome? I can't find anything else to say regarding them.
Rina: You've been saying "this is awesome" towards almost everything you see that you like. Since the winter, might I add.
Me: Shaddap. AND DON'T YOU DARE! I will NOT suffer another head slap of yours.
Rina: Then I suggest you watch your back, because that's one head slap saved up for later.
Me: DAMMIT

Anyway, the series! I can't decide who I like more: you (at least your in-universe self), or Rhaomi, because you two are awe... *glances at Rina* ...AMAZING in your own way personality wise. And the other characters are also interesting!
*meanwhile wonders who would win in a versus battle: Rina or Bloodclaw*
Rina: ...That would depend on the circumstances. Or rather, whether Bloodclaw would wear that armor or not. If yes: he would win without question. If no: good chance that I will, but it's also possible for him to win anyway. That's assuming it's a battle to the death.

I'll patiently wait for the next episode in the meantime!... if you didn't abandon it yet, that is (which I hope is not true)!

RE: (Machinima) Starbound: The Monsters Below - YDH - 09-04-2016

Glad you enjoy it! The series has not been abandoned, I'm just taking a long time on the season finale. It is, after all, the season finale!

I've got all the sets built and the dialogue recorded and arranged (which are the biggest time sink). All that's left is to shoot the video and edit everything together.

RE: (Machinima) Starbound: The Monsters Below - Kohrokho - 09-04-2016

Ah, multiverse logic. I could talk for hours...

It's neat to think all ideas exist as something real somewhere, eh? And who knows, maybe that's just the tip of the iceberg, maybe this whole multiverse is just one, er... hmm... how can I word this...

PHILOSOPHY TANGENT:
Okay. So let's say you have a little bubble.
(our universe)
And outside of that...
( multiverse <-- ( universe) )
And outside of that...
( (our multiverse + universe) (paradox land) (pocket of nothing, rainbows, whatever) )
END PHILOSOPHY TANGENT*