Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 04:21 AM)Comito Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 08:39 PM)Surge Wrote: XCOM is a simple organization with a simple goal. To assemble a team of the most ridiculous badasses the galaxy has ever seen, and then beat the tar out of aliens with them.
Some stats for these guys.
Major Hawker: 14 missions, 32 kills
Major Ironback: 13 missions, 26 kills
Paladin 001: 9 missions, 27 kills
Captain Kelly: 10 missions, 15 kills
Lieutenant Kelly: 7 missions, 10 kills
Captain Rommel: 9 missions, 13 kills
Sergeant Moreno: 4 missions, 2 kills
Squaddie Pavlova: 2 missions, 1 kill

Ironback's still kicking?! I can't believe it.
13 missions isn't bonkers. I think in my dozens of restarts he has only died once or twice though.
(07-19-2016, 07:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 06:01 AM)Segolia Wrote: I change it every month or so, why is it a big deal?

because when nothing is, everything is.
Also communities tend to take interest in one another.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 04:03 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:21 AM)Comito Wrote: Ironback's still kicking?! I can't believe it.
13 missions isn't bonkers. I think in my dozens of restarts he has only died once or twice though.
(07-19-2016, 07:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: because when nothing is, everything is.
Did you see the thing I tried to mention you for?

Also, in fallout 4 survival, mininukes weigh half as much as a fat nan.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 04:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:03 PM)Surge Wrote: 13 missions isn't bonkers. I think in my dozens of restarts he has only died once or twice though.
Did you see the thing I tried to mention you for?

I saw, put bluntly I just didn't care because it was 3 images that were by themselves rubbish as reaction images, had no "DAE?" style bearing to the game itself, and were based upon a frankly mediocre game.

It would have been rude to immediately tear into them like that though.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-19-2016

apparently in the halo universe they still uses APBC rather than the modern APFSDS, also 90mm pssshh, we're already got 140mm in development, no wonder they initially got werked by aliens

(07-19-2016, 04:33 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: apparently in the halo universe they still uses APBC rather than the modern APFSDS, also 90mm pssshh, we're already got 140mm in development
The United Nations Space Command was still the United Nations and thus mostly concerned with peacekeeping. The idea that insurgents could field a vehicle that required a modern APSDS round to penetrate was ridiculous.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 04:12 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:05 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Did you see the thing I tried to mention you for?

I saw, put bluntly I just didn't care because it was 3 images that were by themselves rubbish as reaction images, had no "DAE?" style bearing to the game itself, and were based upon a frankly mediocre game.

It would have been rude to immediately tear into them like that though.
I would love to argue that fallout 4 is game of the year material like a typical fanboy but it's really kinda half baked as usual, the story and voice lines and the depth is there.

But as always the game engine is just full of so much broken shit, I'm getting used to people sitting on air now.

Really takes away from a very immersive experience.

That and sleeping for 8 hours is able to make you ill...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 04:35 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:33 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: apparently in the halo universe they still uses APBC rather than the modern APFSDS, also 90mm pssshh, we're already got 140mm in development
The United Nations Space Command was still the United Nations and thus mostly concerned with peacekeeping. The idea that insurgents could field a vehicle that required a modern APSDS round to penetrate was ridiculous.
that still doesnt excuse them for pulling up a ww2 designed shell rather than something like the gulf wars when the alien attacked, besides incase of insurgences they might've pulled up something like a challenger tank, or our modern MBTs(2000s-2100s) that's even impossible to pen frontally with APFSDS

(07-19-2016, 04:43 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:35 PM)Surge Wrote: The United Nations Space Command was still the United Nations and thus mostly concerned with peacekeeping. The idea that insurgents could field a vehicle that required a modern APSDS round to penetrate was ridiculous.
that still doesnt excuse them for pulling up a ww2 designed shell rather than something like the gulf wars when the alien attacked, besides incase of insurgences they might've pulled up something like a challenger tank, or our modern MBTs(2000s-2100s) that's even impossible to pen frontally with APFSDS
APBC is a non-SC multipurpose shell. It is absolutely adequate for mauling infantry and light vehicles alike with a single ammo type. Using a singular ammo type simplifies industry, supply lines, and the engineering of the Scorpion's autoloader, as presently adding a secondary ammo type to the Scorpion requires an external bin. For fighting heavy targets they did have options though, using the Cobra railgun tank primarily, but like a lot of specialized equipment the production was very localized and stopped wholesale causing the Cobra to essentially go extinct within the UNSC. Unlike the Soviet Union the UNSC largely failed to preserve its industry and retooling any of what it was able to retain was thus out of the question.

(07-19-2016, 04:56 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:43 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: that still doesnt excuse them for pulling up a ww2 designed shell rather than something like the gulf wars when the alien attacked, besides incase of insurgences they might've pulled up something like a challenger tank, or our modern MBTs(2000s-2100s) that's even impossible to pen frontally with APFSDS
APBC is a non-SC multipurpose shell. It is absolutely adequate for mauling infantry and light vehicles alike with a single ammo type. Using a singular ammo type simplifies industry, supply lines, and the engineering of the Scorpion's autoloader, as presently adding a secondary ammo type to the Scorpion requires an external bin. For fighting heavy targets they did have options though, using the Cobra railgun tank primarily, but like a lot of specialized equipment the production was very localized and stopped wholesale causing the Cobra to essentially go extinct within the UNSC. Unlike the Soviet Union the UNSC largely failed to preserve its industry and retooling any of what it was able to retain was thus out of the question.
I'm not sure, hitting an infantry with a 90mm diameter sides tungsten shell doesnt sound very economical especially the shot usaully hit a focused point instead of a HE blast unless there's something to create fragmentation to a group of infantry. Besides, dont the russians have auto loaders that work with multiple ammo types in the T-72, T-80 and T-90 and the recent T-14

*reading up something about comparing the M808 scorpion against a modern MBT*
"You know, in this fight I'd vote for a Tiger or Sherman before I would vote for the Scorpion, fuck i'd vote for a Nigerian with an RPG-7 before I'd vote for the Scorpion."
the nigerian with an RPG-7 actually has better odds than a Tiger or a Sherman

[Image: shotguntank5.jpg]
honestly though I thought they stopped using canister shots atleast on MBTs/tanks since well ww1. I usually thought they only use the coaxial MG for infantry mowing

(07-19-2016, 05:08 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 04:56 PM)Surge Wrote: APBC is a non-SC multipurpose shell. It is absolutely adequate for mauling infantry and light vehicles alike with a single ammo type. Using a singular ammo type simplifies industry, supply lines, and the engineering of the Scorpion's autoloader, as presently adding a secondary ammo type to the Scorpion requires an external bin. For fighting heavy targets they did have options though, using the Cobra railgun tank primarily, but like a lot of specialized equipment the production was very localized and stopped wholesale causing the Cobra to essentially go extinct within the UNSC. Unlike the Soviet Union the UNSC largely failed to preserve its industry and retooling any of what it was able to retain was thus out of the question.
I'm not sure, hitting an infantry with a 90mm diameter sides tungsten shell doesnt sound very economical especially the shot usaully hit a focused point instead of a HE blast unless there's something to create fragmentation to a group of infantry. Besides, dont the russians have auto loaders that work with multiple ammo types in the T-72, T-80 and T-90 and the recent T-14

"You know, in this fight I'd vote for a Tiger or Sherman before I would vote for the Scorpion, fuck i'd vote for a Nigerian with an RPG-7 before I'd vote for the Scorpion."

[Image: shotguntank5.jpg]
honestly though I thought they stopped using canister shots atleast on MBTs/tanks since well ww1. I usually thought they only use the coaxial MG for infantry mowing
Something like a flimsy wall of concrete or wood? The kind of thing infantry hides behind to avoid the wrath of MGs?
The Scorpion has a pretty rubbish autoloader, it has a small bin of shells with a long travel distance from storage to gun, it loads fast and is sufficient for the single ammo type. Also canister shot isn't standard on the Scorpion, and the Scorpion's canister shot seems to function more like a high frag content HE shell.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 07-20-2016

[Image: hm7CrsQ.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 02:01 AM)Comito Wrote: [Image: hm7CrsQ.jpg]
I do not understand what this Comito.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-20-2016

(07-19-2016, 06:54 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 05:08 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: I'm not sure, hitting an infantry with a 90mm diameter sides tungsten shell doesnt sound very economical especially the shot usaully hit a focused point instead of a HE blast unless there's something to create fragmentation to a group of infantry. Besides, dont the russians have auto loaders that work with multiple ammo types in the T-72, T-80 and T-90 and the recent T-14

-120mm canister shot-
Something like a flimsy wall of concrete or wood? The kind of thing infantry hides behind to avoid the wrath of MGs?
The Scorpion has a pretty rubbish autoloader, it has a small bin of shells with a long travel distance from storage to gun, it loads fast and is sufficient for the single ammo type. Also canister shot isn't standard on the Scorpion, and the Scorpion's canister shot seems to function more like a high frag content HE shell.
those still wouldnt stood well against HE frag/HESH also dont the scorpion have the ammo basket/store kinda on the turret area? I thought the design atleast for the turret is kinda like the AMX-13's  also the canister shot might have an explosive element in the shell so it's actually more of a HE frag than canister.....

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-20-2016

Okay so I literally just found out that the Type A (North American) Electrical Socket isn't the worldwide standard. This is mind-boggling news.
Like holy crap how did I not know this - I mean, asides from the fact that I've never left Canada.

[Image: united-kingdom-socketfit.jpg]
The European ones look freaking industrial. I love the fancy Swiss one although it's a little odd. Denmark's looks like it's staring into my soul happily. I have no idea what Israel's is even doing. Hexagonal plugs in a triangular pattern? Apparently they're the only place in the world that uses that one. Go figure. And I'm surprised Japan, in all its technological glory, doesn't primarily use grounded sockets. Seems like kind of a bad idea.

This also means my electrical socket emote isn't universal! Drat!
['.']

On an unrelated note, I finally figured out what fonts the website uses.
The default post font is Source Sans Pro, which is not in the list of fonts. It functions fine when used in posts. I used to think it was Arial.
The default editor font is Tahoma, which is not in the list of fonts. It functions fine when used in posts. I used to think it was Arial.
The default editor source mode font is Lucida Grande, which is not in the list of fonts. It does not work when used in posts, instead appearing as Times New Roman for some reason. I used to think (but now realize that was stupid) it was Courier New.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-20-2016

I lived in germany when I was younger so I already knew about different outlets. Still have an 8 inch Travel television that needs an adapter to be usable here in america.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-20-2016

Apparently: TERRARIA 1.3.2 TOMORROW.
That was sudden. Unfortunately the desert content is being shoved back to 1.3.3 or something, but alas. I do wonder what this'll add asides from the new event thing.

Oh and daily reminder: STARBOUND 1.0 IN TWO DAYS.

And: MINECRAFT 1.10-- wait what do you mean that's already out are you seriously telling me Mojang pushed an update at a reasonable pace for the amount of content added?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-20-2016

TF2 will always be relevant

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 06:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 06:54 PM)Surge Wrote: Something like a flimsy wall of concrete or wood? The kind of thing infantry hides behind to avoid the wrath of MGs?
those still wouldnt stood well against HE frag/HESH also dont the scorpion have the ammo basket/store kinda on the turret area? I thought the design atleast for the turret is kinda like the AMX-13's  also the canister shot might have an explosive element in the shell so it's actually more of a HE frag than canister.....
Considering the single man crew and engine are both in the front I don't know what else they would have in the back hull save for an ammo bin.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 11:55 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 06:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: those still wouldnt stood well against HE frag/HESH also dont the scorpion have the ammo basket/store kinda on the turret area? I thought the design atleast for the turret is kinda like the AMX-13's  also the canister shot might have an explosive element in the shell so it's actually more of a HE frag than canister.....
Considering the single man crew and engine are both in the front I don't know what else they would have in the back hull save for an ammo bin.

But its the ammo bin- you hit that and get it to blow up and it pressurizes the whole tank interior, crushing and killing the crew while leaving the body of the tank sorta intact if you put out the resulting fire fast enough.

In warthunder at least I usually aim for that ammo box, because it is basically a sure-kill if you hit it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 12:09 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 11:55 AM)Surge Wrote: Considering the single man crew and engine are both in the front I don't know what else they would have in the back hull save for an ammo bin.

But its the ammo bin- you hit that and get it to blow up and it pressurizes the whole tank interior, crushing and killing the crew while leaving the body of the tank sorta intact if you put out the resulting fire fast enough.

In warthunder at least I usually aim for that ammo box, because it is basically a sure-kill if you hit it.
Which is why it is in the back with probably the most armor. Ammo bin blowouts can also be directed, the Abrams does this for example, if the ammo cooks off the storage is an isolated and armored compartment that directs the blast away from the crew. In WW2 ammo was simply strewn about the interior of the tank.