Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 09:50 AM)Battle Bee Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 05:08 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

damn Battle Bee
You can't prove anything.

First, a nail

Then, their eyes

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 10:13 AM)Reks Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 09:50 AM)Battle Bee Wrote: You can't prove anything.

First, a nail

Then, their eyes

That got dark quickly.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 04-30-2016

(04-29-2016, 03:38 AM)Surge Wrote: "I don't question things from you anymore Surge"
Skype groups making me sad again.
Now you tell me.

I don't like skype, but that's because of its fatal security flaw with encryption.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:58 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 03:38 AM)Surge Wrote: "I don't question things from you anymore Surge"
Now you tell me.

I don't like skype, but that's because of its fatal security flaw with encryption.

not the point, lets say the community partially broke apart during the migration away from chuckle fish, alot of this and that, the community is in fragments
nuff Null said, we dont talk about it anymore

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 01:14 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 12:58 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Now you tell me.

not the point, lets say the community partially broke apart during the migration away from chuckle fish, alot of this and that, the community is in fragments
Maybe something is in order to create a middle ground.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 04-30-2016

hant really gotten into the ZX series but this cover is great

https://www.tumblr.com/video/zeterno/143633997297/700/
oh yeah, almost forogt about this

(04-30-2016, 01:14 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

"A house divided cannot stand."

Just leaving that there.

Also, I think I need to get an avatar, not ripped from said Chucklefish thread. Also I think tapatalk is putting me in the habit of making really really short paragraphs, I'm too tempted...

Also Ehks? Ma'am? I'm having some issues with tapatalk not getting notifications from this site. I would also like to suggest a site theme with less black, or at least lighter grays in the text and higher contrast text box borders.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:58 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
Now you tell me.

Aye I wish people would just switch to Discord already but my D&D group uses Skype.

(04-30-2016, 04:05 PM)Surge Wrote:

Aye I wish people would just switch to Discord already but my D&D group uses Skype.
I heard and gave it a little try. Its soooo good.

Plus unlike skype you can't dox any online user's ip address, that bothers me.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 04-30-2016

Can I just point out how ridiculously shady the new modding model for fallout 4 is? If I understand this right they're looking to lock down script based mods behind an in-game mod manager, now the fact that this mod manager will be a steamy mess aside this is just going to hurt nexusmods and steam workshop, and when bethesda comes around to start trying to slap price tags on mods nobody will have access to a free alternative unless a mod-friendly crack starts to circulate. People keep talking about how this is good for consoles but consoles aren't getting fucking mods through this it's just bethesda establishing control of mod access now so they can monetize it later on once everyone is used to it.

(04-30-2016, 04:55 PM)Surge Wrote: Can I just point out how ridiculously shady the new modding model for fallout 4 is? If I understand this right they're looking to lock down script based mods behind an in-game mod manager, now the fact that this mod manager will be a steamy mess aside this is just going to hurt nexusmods and steam workshop, and when bethesda comes around to start trying to slap price tags on mods nobody will have access to a free alternative unless a mod-friendly crack starts to circulate. People keep talking about how this is good for consoles but consoles aren't getting fucking mods through this it's just bethesda establishing control of mod access now so they can monetize it later on once everyone is used to it.
Squeeze money out of everything they say!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 04:02 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 01:14 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: not the point, lets say the community partially broke apart during the migration away from chuckle fish, alot of this and that, the community is in fragments
"A house divided cannot stand."

Just leaving that there.

Also, I think I need to get an avatar, not ripped from said Chucklefish thread. Also I think tapatalk is putting me in the habit of making really really short paragraphs, I'm too tempted...  

Also Ehks? Ma'am? I'm having some issues with tapatalk not getting notifications from this site. I would also like to suggest a site theme with less black, or at least lighter grays in the text and higher contrast text box borders.

You can change that client-side with the site options.

I believe there's a white theme.

(04-30-2016, 05:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 04:02 PM)Rahizel Wrote: "A house divided cannot stand."

Just leaving that there.

You can change that client-side with the site options.

Hmmm...

I'm officially bored.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 05:56 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 05:54 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: You can change that client-side with the site options.

Hmmm...

I'm officially bored.

Congratulations on the name change bored.

False alarm.  Theme only changes background of entire site to lighter gray. Doesn't change text-backing.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 04:02 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Also Ehks? Ma'am? I'm having some issues with tapatalk not getting notifications from this site. I would also like to suggest a site theme with less black, or at least lighter grays in the text and higher contrast text box borders.

see i would but
1) finals are hell and it took me a solid week to make this theme
2) ...yeah finals are pretty much it

i'll probably work on the theme after finals, and fix things. i probably won't make a "white" theme, but yeah i should make a lighter option.

(04-30-2016, 06:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 04:02 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Also Ehks? Ma'am? I'm having some issues with tapatalk not getting notifications from this site. I would also like to suggest a site theme with less black, or at least lighter grays in the text and higher contrast text box borders.

see i would but
1) finals are hell and it took me a solid week to make this theme
2) ...yeah finals are pretty much it

i'll probably work on the theme after finals, and fix things. i probably won't make a "white" theme, but yeah i should make a lighter option.
Cool, good luck.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 04:55 PM)Surge Wrote: Can I just point out how ridiculously shady the new modding model for fallout 4 is? If I understand this right they're looking to lock down script based mods behind an in-game mod manager, now the fact that this mod manager will be a steamy mess aside this is just going to hurt nexusmods and steam workshop, and when bethesda comes around to start trying to slap price tags on mods nobody will have access to a free alternative unless a mod-friendly crack starts to circulate. People keep talking about how this is good for consoles but consoles aren't getting fucking mods through this it's just bethesda establishing control of mod access now so they can monetize it later on once everyone is used to it.

But... Don't we already have some script-based mods? That means it's still possible to get them from Nexusmods, at least currently, which means there's almost certainly a way a workaround could be made. Besides, while I find Beth's marketing to be... sub-par pretty frequently, I doubt they would go so far as to deny access to one of the most important modding features to those who don't use their terrible ingame mod manager. The modding community would riot and... well you saw what happened with the Paid Mods Scandal - just imagine the Mod Script Scandal. What's left of the great repuation Beth has with modding would be gone in an instant. If they did do this, it almost definitely wouldn't last, one way or another.

(04-30-2016, 09:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:

But... Don't we already have some script-based mods? That means it's still possible to get them from Nexusmods, at least currently, which means there's almost certainly a way a workaround could be made. Besides, while I find Beth's marketing to be... sub-par pretty frequently, I doubt they would go so far as to deny access to one of the most important modding features to those who don't use their terrible ingame mod manager. The modding community would riot and... well you saw what happened with the Paid Mods Scandal - just imagine the Mod Script Scandal. What's left of the great repuation Beth has with modding would be gone in an instant. If they did do this, it almost definitely wouldn't last, one way or another.
Well the lack of the creation kit has forced any script based mods to be workarounds and band-aids, but yes there are some I suppose. I strongly doubt Bethesda will be deterred by potential backlash, look how few people still care about the paid mods scandal.