Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-27-2016

(07-26-2016, 10:56 PM)achroma Wrote: This is a problem. By the time I get to stage two of the first boss, the game crashes. Dodgy

(07-26-2016, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote: too tall for my tastes.
[Image: XAOyWOu.jpg]
Also I honestly hope the "Nexus Hammer" is just a randomly generated name and not something CF actually put in the game.
The dapper vali strikes again.
Have you heard of the mod frack'in flora?
Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-27-2016

(07-26-2016, 10:56 PM)achroma Wrote: Have you heard of the mod frack'in flora?

Wasn't that merged into Frackin' Universe years ago? Or is it actually still seperate.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 01:24 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 10:56 PM)achroma Wrote: Have you heard of the mod frack'in flora?

Wasn't that merged into Frackin' Universe years ago? Or is it actually still seperate.
I'm pretty sure that it merged. But frackin' music still it's own thing.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-27-2016

So I started WW2 over Romania.
[Image: KKPmgHz.jpg]
Hearts of Iron 4 is a grand strategy game about the greatest generation back when they actually did things other than complain about "Back in my day!" nonsense. In true Paradox fashion the game allows for some pretty silly things, such as taking over the known world as a Communist Canada, but it has a bit of an issue in not letting people make their own way with the major nations, Germany can never be a naval superpower for instance, no matter how much you want to be one the game locks your naval doctrine to one of commerce raiding.

In motion HoI4 is pretty similar to most grand strategy games, which is to say you need a PhD and a cheat-sheet to play it, but if you can navigate the various menus and tech trees you will be rewarded with an industrial interface that I suspect should have a spreadsheet. Diplomatically things play out slowly and methodically, you have to take a year of your time to fabricate an excuse to go and invade some neighboring nations, while they have time to go beg for alliances and build bunkers, so you best be ready for that big push across the border. Once in conflict the game is very accurate the actual needs of an army conducting an invasion, you'll need to carefully manage your industrial capacity and manpower to keep armies stocked with goods, weapons, and soldiers as they press onwards.

Now managing a mass scale invasion of Bolshevik soil is quite the undertaking, you'd almost be a fool to try and do it all on your own, in real time, which is why the game has a handy army grouping function that allows you to be Hitler the right way and just let your generals handle the whole invasion business, army groups can be set to defensive, neutral, and offensive as they push forward, and the general AI will automatically shift units along the designated frontline you assign him to as needed, hopefully minimizing the rampant losses of expensive tanks. Planes on the other hand are actually fairly simple, you assign a region to your squadrons, give them missions, and they will automatically carry them out for as long as they have planes. It's actually a very strange and fascinating ritual watching battle lines shift as the AI launches offensives both successful and unsuccessful, at least if you ignore the fact that each loss costs you a dozen or so tanks that take a month to replace a thousand or so able bodied men.

The game does make an okayish effort to let you rewrite history though, with Germany being able to cement an alliance with the USSR instead of invading, complete development of the atom bomb before America, it even allows you to design your own tanks by mixing different attributes as you see fit, after all there's nothing dodgy about a light tank with a 12.8cm gun. and even making major changes to the governments of key players in WW2, such as the aforementioned communist Canada.

Hearts of Iron IV is essentially a Paradox grand strategy game that trades incest and murder for tanks and rockets, which lacks the charm but generally makes for more engaging combat.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 07-27-2016

(07-26-2016, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 08:36 PM)achroma Wrote: [snip]
There's your top hat surge.
Also, I found Ehks ban hammer. The weapon is called the nexus hammer.

too tall for my tastes.
[Image: XAOyWOu.jpg]
Also I honestly hope the "Nexus Hammer" is just a randomly generated name and not something CF actually put in the game.

Chucklefish might not have the greatest forums and mods, but they do have a sense of humour. I wouldn't rule the possibility out.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 02:40 AM)Surge Wrote: So I started WW2 over Romania.
-In Soviet Canada... something something moose something-

Seems kind of strange that they would leave the big details open while not allowing you to change other things like the navy.
That said, if you can make America Communist I'm sold. That'd be bound to cause reality to collapse in on itself.
All in all sounds tricky to get the hang of but fun.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-27-2016

Was reading up on ww2 tanks.

Some of the early French models like the Matilda were so focused on armor that they were situationally invincible. One was reported to return with ONE HUNDRED TWENTY HITS.

I could imagine this conversation occuring:
German1: why have we stopped firing?
German2: We have ran out of ammo sir!
German1: What are you blind?
German2: No sir the enemy tank is still running with our entire ammo supply stuck to it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 06:21 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Was reading up on ww2 tanks.

Some of the early French models like the Matilda were so focused on armor that they were situationally invincible. One was reported to return with ONE HUNDRED TWENTY HITS.

German2: No sir the enemy tank is still running with our entire ammo supply stuck to it.

but still instead the french dont know hot to operate modern tanks(still in WWI's mindset) charged in have their back side exposed or just have their back pointing at the enemy exposing the exhaust, that's how the germans successfully invaded, besides that was before the panzerkampfwagen V and IVs, those thing would werk anything with little effort

also, this was being comceptualize for panzerkampfwagen IX
[Image: wu44zk.jpg]
it's like a potato

(07-27-2016, 06:47 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

but still instead the french dont know hot to operate modern tanks(still in WWI's mindset) charged in have their back side exposed or just have their back pointing at the enemy exposing the exhaust, that's how the germans successfully invaded, besides that was before the panzerkampfwagen V and IVs, those thing would werk anything with little effort

also, this was being comceptualize for panzerkampfwagen IX
[Image: wu44zk.jpg]
it's like a potato

This was in the very beginning that this happened. German tanks had radios but the French did not.

I never said that I didn't know the context.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-27-2016

>Matilda
>French
Triggered.
The Matilda was a British "infantry" tank, a slower but heavily armored type of tank that supported infantry.
The French tanks such as the Char B1 and Hotchkiss H35 were much the same in ability, but the French lacked a line of more agile "cruiser" tanks.

Most early successes of infantry tanks can be attributed to a lack of efficient tank hunting vehicles in the Wehrmacht, only towed weapons were generally sufficient to engage the B1.

A more noteworthy story is the time an AT crew expended every round they had into a T-34 and then disengaged without ever penetrating or being seen by the T-34.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 01:34 PM)Surge Wrote: A more noteworthy story is the time an AT crew expended every round they had into a T-34 and then disengaged without ever penetrating or being seen by the T-34.

bloody russian bias, gaijin pls fix

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 01:34 PM)Surge Wrote:

>Matilda
>French
Triggered.
The Matilda was a British "infantry" tank, a slower but heavily armored type of tank that supported infantry.
The French tanks such as the Char B1 and Hotchkiss H35 were much the same in ability, but the French lacked a line of more agile "cruiser" tanks.

Most early successes of infantry tanks can be attributed to a lack of efficient tank hunting vehicles in the Wehrmacht, only towed weapons were generally sufficient to engage the B1.

A more noteworthy story is the time an AT crew expended every round they had into a T-34 and then disengaged without ever penetrating or being seen by the T-34.
"Like" the Matilda.
(07-27-2016, 02:36 PM)Reks Wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 07-27-2016

[Image: F5638988542B744A51155ADDB71638C2BCC43569]
[Image: 3010179D252C6A1450BF9A941890E1032D806E2F]
[Image: F8F51FADD78EAF18157FDA8603E43E0421A7F75B]

fun starbound fact, if a sniper rifle have a alternative fire mode of piercing/explosive(?) shot, you can double the fire rate by alternating between main and alt fire

Did they add a new questline to starbound?
I got to this reaserch facility, on a ice waste planet, and everyone was dead in the facility. There where worm like creatures in the basement, and gore all over the place. I haven't exited the place yet, but I do know where the exit is.
[Image: D91A95E3D74263FAB9C85BDA5B7327312ED78296]

Curiosity got the best of me. The quest led back outside, and into a bit of mountain climbing, with a "corrupted" version of the pop tops. The farther on bits of ruins until I came across this.
[Image: 64AC430B9E7A53EBB0C26B1DFBA2CA126718F1FE]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-28-2016

The real question is... big cup or smol Myi?
Either way that's not enough tea.

(07-27-2016, 07:10 PM)achroma Wrote: Did they add a new questline to starbound?
I got to this reaserch facility, on a ice waste planet, and everyone was dead in the facility. There where worm like creatures in the basement, and gore all over the place. I haven't exited the place yet, but I do know where the exit is.
Snip
Are you using any mods other than the Avali? This does not look like something that fits the general, eh, tone of Starbound. Y'know, walls literally splattered in gore.
Not to mention that it's using a strange mishmash of Outpost and Apex objects.
In either case, I'm intrigued. If this is Vanilla I hope I find it during my quest.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-28-2016

[Image: c702dfa32225b8c1479952d61373c9a7.jpg]
Fucking amazing.

[Image: bf708efd2aedb0405292bb488fd10e4f.png]
Also amazing.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 02:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
The real question is... big cup or smol Myi?
Either way that's not enough tea.

(07-27-2016, 07:10 PM)achroma Wrote: Did they add a new questline to starbound?
Snip
Are you using any mods other than the Avali? This does not look like something that fits the general, eh, tone of Starbound. Y'know, walls literally splattered in gore.
Not to mention that it's using a strange mishmash of Outpost and Apex objects.
In either case, I'm intrigued. If this is Vanilla I hope I find it during my quest.

this is frakin universe stuff.