Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 07-28-2016

[Image: fQi8HXW.png]

Deep-sea exploration is fun.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-28-2016

(07-27-2016, 02:36 PM)Reks Wrote:
*everyone else manages to see the image except me*
yeah it looks good

edit: oh, now it works....damn south east asian net, it's been poor lately, must be shark problems again

http://www.pcgamer.com/tim-sweeney-thinks-microsoft-will-make-steam-progressively-worse-with-windows-10-patches/
Herecy!
(why i refuse to update to win 10)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-28-2016

[Image: macrosschronicle-gunpod.jpg]
I'm not sure is storing the ammunition near the hot barrels of a gatling type weapon is the safest idea

so i found this on reddit
[Image: doNEAdN.jpg]
[Image: y54Ldzz.jpg]
I'm pretty sure Avali's poor eyesight is to blame

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 07:06 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [Image: macrosschronicle-gunpod.jpg]
I'm not sure is storing the ammunition near the hot barrels of a gatling type weapon is the safest idea

I'm pretty sure that if the barrels get anywhere near hot enough to trigger ammo cook-off, you are doing things very wrong to begin with. Those barrels will be seriously damaged if sustained fire takes place long enough to raise them above 600F or so- the temperature at which gun barrels are usually tempered to.

That pod will certainly need a cooling system for the gun barrels to handle any sort of sustained fire, and it would be trivial to add the necessary heatproofing around the ammo store to make it safe.

At least, until the enemy hits it with something big enough to penetrate the pod and detonate the stored ammo. This is a rather flawed design in that respect.

(07-28-2016, 05:56 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 07:06 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [Image: macrosschronicle-gunpod.jpg]

I'm pretty sure that if the barrels get anywhere near hot enough to trigger ammo cook-off, you are doing things very wrong to begin with. Those barrels will be seriously damaged if sustained fire takes place long enough to raise them above 600F or so- the temperature at which gun barrels are usually tempered to.

That pod will certainly need a cooling system for the gun barrels to handle any sort of sustained fire, and it would be trivial to add the necessary heatproofing around the ammo store to make it safe.

At least, until the enemy hits it with something big enough to penetrate the pod and detonate the stored ammo. This is a rather flawed design in that respect.

Okay definatly sound bad for ground armor/infantry, but what about aircraft? I mean I seen some gunpods actually store the ammunition spriling around the barrel portion of the gunpod.

[Image: l0007786.jpg]
(A GPU-5A gunpod)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-29-2016

I AM POSTING FROM A 1930s COTTAGE WITH INTERNET.
Brief (3-4 days) family holiday up island. Found cheap, old cottages. This whole place is gorgeous. It's like a little village - every cottage is unique and well spaced out around a central area, lots of tree cover to block the horrendous heat. Speaking of heat, the cottage and water is heated by an old oil stove, like, with flames. The light switches click when you flip them. The bathroom light flickers when you turn it on. The TV is a freaking tiny heavy box and probably the most modern furnishing in the whole place if you disclude the fridge and toaster. Pulled a table into my room and set up my laptop next to my bed.
I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Dunno if the internet (did I mention each cottage has their own network?) will like uploading, but I'll see about posting some pictures or a video of around the place. Dunno if anyone would be interested, but I think it's cool.

(07-28-2016, 05:44 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: so i found this on reddit

Even if this is a bug, it fits in the lore hilariously. I hope they keep it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 12:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I AM POSTING FROM A 1930s COTTAGE WITH INTERNET.
Brief (3-4 days) family holiday up island. Found cheap, old cottages. This whole place is gorgeous. It's like a little village - every cottage is unique and well spaced out around a central area, lots of tree cover to block the horrendous heat. Speaking of heat, the cottage and water is heated by an old oil stove, like, with flames. The light switches click when you flip them. The bathroom light flickers when you turn it on. The TV is a freaking tiny heavy box and probably the most modern furnishing in the whole place if you disclude the fridge and toaster. Pulled a table into my room and set up my laptop next to my bed.
I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Dunno if the internet (did I mention each cottage has their own network?) will like uploading, but I'll see about posting some pictures or a video of around the place. Dunno if anyone would be interested, but I think it's cool.

(07-28-2016, 05:44 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: so i found this on reddit

Even if this is a bug, it fits in the lore hilariously. I hope they keep it.

I'm pretty sure the guy just put that in his house or something. The painting and plaque are separate objects.
Also, that cottage thing sounds awesome :O
fun fact: that's pretty much what Umbra lives in in the semisrs

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-29-2016

Update on Shaad's cottage adventures:
No pictures of the cottage or surrounding area yet. Think it's still a bit too bright out for my phone's camera to get good pictures out of it.

Guy in the cottage next to us has three budgies. One of them pecked at me a few times, but not in an attacking way.
He carves customized rings out of Moose antlers. 40 hours just to prepare to make one - I can't imagine how long it actually takes to finish one. Apparently they usually go for around $450 a piece. He was wearing one shaped like a wolf head, a polar bear head, a raven head, and another that I can't recall. The detail is amazing, and they're super smooth. It always boggles my mind how people can be so artistic. The lack of artistic talent runs in my family, unfortunately.

Going for fish and chips. There's a place literally across the street from us. Apparently one of the best places in the area!

(07-29-2016, 01:45 AM)Umbra Wrote: I'm pretty sure the guy just put that in his house or something. The painting and plaque are separate objects.
Also, that cottage thing sounds awesome :O
fun fact: that's pretty much what Umbra lives in in the semisrs

Actually that's from the Hylotl mission. The text seems correct for Humans, though I don't recall what it is.
It has renewed my love for old tech and architecture. And small houses. I love this place!

Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-29-2016

[Image: f2fa06715c.gif]
Oooooohhhh...

I FOCKIN WANT DAT!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 03:46 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [Image: f2fa06715c.gif]
Oooooohhhh...

I FOCKIN WANT DAT!

What is this beautiful thing and where did you find it?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 05:36 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote:
Oooooohhhh...

I FOCKIN WANT DAT!

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/avali-triage.95100/page-134#post-2971120

Might actually make it into the mod.

(07-29-2016, 05:36 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote:
Oooooohhhh...

I FOCKIN WANT DAT!

Well it's hard to tell at a glance due to much of the body being obscured, but going off the iconic headwear, that might be Marx. (Cue X-Files theme from Surge's general location)
Not sure where he got it, but judging from the color scheme it's from the Avali Triage mod, or some addon. Looks to be a mining laser, which is arguably one of the best kinds of laser.

Edit: Ninja'd. It is Marx. And he's making it! Cool!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 06:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 05:36 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: What is this beautiful thing and where did you find it?

Well it's hard to tell at a glance due to much of the body being obscured, but going off the iconic headwear, that might be Marx. (Cue X-Files theme from Surge's general location)
Not sure where he got it, but judging from the color scheme it's from the Avali Triage mod, or some addon. Looks to be a mining laser, which is arguably one of the best kinds of laser.
THEY DIDN'T LISTEN. WHY DIDN'T THEY LISTEN.

(07-29-2016, 06:24 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Well it's hard to tell at a glance due to much of the body being obscured, but going off the iconic headwear, that might be Marx. (Cue X-Files theme from Surge's general location)
THEY DIDN'T LISTEN. WHY DIDN'T THEY LISTEN.

Calm down he was just showing what Marx showed on the Triage thread.
You may now resume your normal state of suspicion.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-29-2016

It's basically a projectile/beam weapon that fires really fast and a custom projectile that did way more foreground tile damage than the standard projectile, did tried a armor piercing projectile once that suppose to be able to break through one tile block thick wall and damage the enemy behind it

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 06:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:24 AM)Surge Wrote: THEY DIDN'T LISTEN. WHY DIDN'T THEY LISTEN.

Calm down he was just showing what Marx showed on the Triage thread.
I was kidding. You poked fun at me and I played along.

(07-29-2016, 06:40 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Calm down he was just showing what Marx showed on the Triage thread.
I was kidding. You poked fun at me and I played along.

I know.
I know many things.

(07-29-2016, 07:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:40 AM)Surge Wrote: I was kidding. You poked fun at me and I played along.

I know.
I know many things.
but can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

(07-29-2016, 07:09 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 07:08 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I know.
I know many things.
but can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Hm. That seems simple enough. Let me just check m-
[Image: iEX3HqC.png]