Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 07:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 07:09 AM)Surge Wrote: but can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Hm. That seems simple enough. Let me just check m-
[Image: iEX3HqC.png]
You really need to optimize your code, this is the second time this month. Or you could downgrade to shadd vista

*cue intense music
Surge has five letters in his name. Marx had four letters in his name. Five times four is twenty which is when we stopped counting the threads. A thread may or may not contain pinktus. Pinktus has seven letters. 2
Twenty minus seven is thirteen. Thirteen is a bakers idiot dozen. Bakers make cake. Marx eats cake. Cake has for letters thirteen minus four is 9. We Are on page 128. Surge has five letters in his name. 128 divided by 5 is 25.5. Marx has four letters in his name. 25.5 divided by 4 is 6.4. 6.4 plus 9 is 15.4. Someone has the post ratio of 9.4 per day. 15.4 minus 9.4 is four. Marx has four letters in his name
surge is Marx confirmed?
or is he?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 11:39 AM)achroma Wrote:
*cue intense music
Surge has five letters in his name. Marx had four letters in his name. Five times four is twenty which is when we stopped counting the threads. A thread may or may not contain pinktus. Pinktus has seven letters. 2
Twenty minus seven is thirteen. Thirteen is a bakers idiot dozen. Bakers make cake. Marx eats cake. Cake has for letters thirteen minus four is 9. We Are on page 128. Surge has five letters in his name. 128 divided by 5 is 25.5. Marx has four letters in his name. 25.5 divided by 4 is 6.4. 6.4 plus 9 is 15.4.  Someone has the post ratio of 9.4 per day. 15.4 minus 9.4 is four. Marx has four letters in his name
surge is Marx confirmed?
or is he?

Oh no! They found out the admin's dirty secret! Now everyone has to be banned!

Banning people has stress-relieving benefits. I almost need a good spambot bumrush to deal with to take my mind off this nonsense at work.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-29-2016

only reason to wear powerarmor

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 07-29-2016

[Image: rV0176Hh.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 06:36 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: It's basically a projectile/beam weapon that fires really fast and a custom projectile that did way more foreground tile damage than the standard projectile, did tried a armor piercing projectile once that suppose to be able to break through one tile block thick wall and damage the enemy behind it
Obviously not a projectile weapon, look how the beam doesn't curve, at all.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 03:43 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Obviously not a projectile weapon, look how the beam doesn't curve, at all.

Though it has a visual beam, it's actually firing invisible projectiles that are doing the damage. This is how the laser on the XS mod's Ronin mech works too.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 03:43 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 06:36 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: It's basically a projectile/beam weapon that fires really fast and a custom projectile that did way more foreground tile damage than the standard projectile, did tried a armor piercing projectile once that suppose to be able to break through one tile block thick wall and damage the enemy behind it
Obviously not a projectile weapon, look how the beam doesn't curve, at all.

If the projectile is fired at a high enough velocity it will have an imperceptible drop until it covers a very long distance.

Usually though you would be deafened by the sonic boom and the projectile would be vaporized by the friction at such velocities

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 03:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 03:43 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Obviously not a projectile weapon, look how the beam doesn't curve, at all.

If the projectile is fired at a high enough velocity it will have an imperceptible drop until it covers a very long distance.

Usually though you would be deafened by the sonic boom and the projectile would be vaporized by the friction at such velocities
You don't get the part where the projectile would move half a screen each frame.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-29-2016

Some sci-fi settings bank on that actually. Intense air friction flash converting a projectile to plasma.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-29-2016

uhhh, I kinda talking about starbound modding here so some real world limitations does not apply,

also rahizel, I did put a "slash" beam, back then I was making the mechanian mod there's no such thing as beam weapon then in vanilla atleast so I know nothing how the current beam weapon works, I did heard suggestions for making a beam weapon for back then is ti use a custom muzzle flash instead to cover the 'beam' part but from the gif if it uses the previous method the beam should've pass through some of the non foreground tile, it didnt so that is indeed a beam weapon introduced recently.

(07-29-2016, 04:13 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 03:54 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: If the projectile is fired at a high enough velocity it will have an imperceptible drop until it covers a very long distance.

uhhh, I kinda talking about starbound modding here so some real world limitations does not apply,

also rahizel, I did put a "slash" beam, back then I was making the mechanian mod there's no such thing as beam weapon then in vanilla atleast so I know nothing how the current beam weapon works, I did heard suggestions for making a beam weapon for back then is ti use a custom muzzle flash instead to cover the 'beam' part but from the gif if it uses the previous method the beam should've pass through some of the non foreground tile, it didnt so that is indeed a beam weapon introduced recently.
This collides with blocks so.

I'll just wait for it to be released.

oh and i did art but gonna put it in the spoileres tag since not everyone has 'completed' starbound yet(bet you guys are still messing around with some other stuff like farming and settlements/colony thing)

(07-29-2016, 04:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 04:13 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: uhhh, I kinda talking about starbound modding here so some real world limitations does not apply,

This collides with blocks so.

if it's starbound then it already has? unless you lived in a cave way deeper than mine, if it's the avali laser drill thing then you should know that Marx tend to procrastinate-alot back then but I'm fairly certain his meds should've fixed that.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 04:17 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: oh and i did art but gonna put it in the spoileres tag since not everyone has 'completed' starbound yet(bet you guys are still messing around with some other stuff like farming and settlements/colony thing)

(07-29-2016, 04:15 PM)Rahizel Wrote: This collides with blocks so.

if it's starbound then it already has? unless you lived in a cave way deeper than mine, if it's the avali laser drill thing then you should know that Marx tend to procrastinate-alot back then but I'm fairly certain his meds should've fixed that.
So the product recall is over then?

[Image: foolsupdate_2.jpg]
something tells me I have to make this thing into vector thrust

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 07-30-2016

Turns out soylent is a auctual company
https://www.soylent.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=searchusa&gclid=COLhtv2Pms4CFU-CfgodWP0B4w
its people!!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-30-2016

(07-29-2016, 11:39 AM)achroma Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 07:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Hm. That seems simple enough. Let me just check m-
[Image: iEX3HqC.png]
You really need to optimize your code, this is the second time this month. Or you could downgrade to shadd vista

*cue intense music
Twenty minus seven is thirteen. Thirteen is a bakers idiot dozen. Bakers make cake. Marx eats cake. Cake has for letters thirteen minus four is 9. We Are on page 128. Surge has five letters in his name. 128 divided by 5 is 25.5. Marx has four letters in his name. 25.5 divided by 4 is 6.4. 6.4 plus 9 is 15.4. Someone has the post ratio of 9.4 per day. 15.4 minus 9.4 is four. Marx has four letters in his name
surge is Marx confirmed?
or is he?

[Image: latest?cb=20080826215445]
Pinkitis/Pinkitus has eight letters! Your math is incorrect!
Twenty minus eight is twelve. Twelve is a dozen. Dozen looks like dozer, which is short for bulldozer. Bulldozer can be defined as "a person or group exercising irresistible power, especially in disposing of obstacles or opposition." This sounds like the power of... AN ADMIN!
EGAD! We were looking at this all wrong! Ehks has 4 letters, or if you go by his old name, Ehksidian, 9... Marxon has 6... 9 is an upside down 6... 6...9... 169... 6 and 9 are 1.
THE TRUTH REVEALED: EHKS IS MARX!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 03:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 11:39 AM)achroma Wrote: You really need to optimize your code, this is the second time this month. Or you could downgrade to shadd vista

*cue intense music
surge is Marx confirmed?
or is he?

[Image: latest?cb=20080826215445]
Twenty minus eight is twelve. Twelve is a dozen. Dozen looks like dozer, which is short for bulldozer. Bulldozer can be defined as "a person or group exercising irresistible power, especially in disposing of obstacles or opposition." This sounds like the power of... AN ADMIN!
EGAD! We were looking at this all wrong! Ehks has 4 letters, or if you go by his old name, Ehksidian, 9... Marxon has 6... 9 is an upside down 6... 6...9... 169... 6 and 9 are 1.

i will fucking destroy you.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 03:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [Image: latest?cb=20080826215445]

No you won't.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 03:02 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [Image: latest?cb=20080826215445]

This is funny?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 03:26 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 03:14 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: i will fucking destroy you.
This is funny?

Not sure if joking or legitimate threat...