Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 09:06 PM)Surge Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 09:02 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: But... Don't we already have some script-based mods? That means it's still possible to get them from Nexusmods, at least currently, which means there's almost certainly a way a workaround could be made. Besides, while I find Beth's marketing to be... sub-par pretty frequently, I doubt they would go so far as to deny access to one of the most important modding features to those who don't use their terrible ingame mod manager. The modding community would riot and... well you saw what happened with the Paid Mods Scandal - just imagine the Mod Script Scandal. What's left of the great repuation Beth has with modding would be gone in an instant. If they did do this, it almost definitely wouldn't last, one way or another.
Well the lack of the creation kit has forced any script based mods to be workarounds and band-aids, but yes there are some I suppose. I strongly doubt Bethesda will be deterred by potential backlash, look how few people still care about the paid mods scandal.

Well the CK is out now and people are already making mods with it. If it doesn't seem to have any feature blocking or other such nonsense, I'd say we're on the right track so far. And don't forget, paid mods had two sides which both had some valid points. With this, it would be a case of everyone vs. Bethesda. Think of the number of people who use script-based mods. It's almost certainly far more than were even involved in the paid mods scandal.

Also, page 13! The page of luck!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 04:55 PM)Surge Wrote: Can I just point out how ridiculously shady the new modding model for fallout 4 is? If I understand this right they're looking to lock down script based mods behind an in-game mod manager, now the fact that this mod manager will be a steamy mess aside this is just going to hurt nexusmods and steam workshop, and when bethesda comes around to start trying to slap price tags on mods nobody will have access to a free alternative unless a mod-friendly crack starts to circulate. People keep talking about how this is good for consoles but consoles aren't getting fucking mods through this it's just bethesda establishing control of mod access now so they can monetize it later on once everyone is used to it.

This is awfully presumptuous, given that you don't know anything about how the game is architected WRT the creation kit (besides there isn't even a steam workshop for FO4?)

You know all the mod manager is, is just a GUI program to replace game files with modified files from a ZIP, and determine a hierarchy of replacement and loading of said files. You can accomplish the same thing by dragging and dropping files - perhaps they just wanted to, y'know, integrate that feature into the game?

Besides it potentially makes installing mods a lot easier for the average user who doesn't want to deal with a bunch of third party nonsense.

Can we just not be so cynical for 2 seconds? Like jfc people.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 04-30-2016

A simple "actually it looks like you mixed some things up" would have sufficed and been far less pretentious than telling me to get off my hate train.

On a more positive note.
[Image: TRk6qd9.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 11:17 PM)Surge Wrote: A simple "actually it looks like you mixed some things up" would have sufficed and been far less pretentious than telling me to get off my hate train.

A simple "hey guys, look like Bethesda is forcing creation kit mods to use their in-house mod manager. I wonder if this might be so they can implement paid mods down the line" would have sufficed.

I mean I am pretty much telling you to get off your hate train, because I hate it when people spew baseless vitriol onto the internet. But hey, do whatever you want. You've never listened to me or respected my opinion before, I doubt you suddenly decided to start now.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 11:56 PM)Segolia Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 11:17 PM)Surge Wrote: A simple "actually it looks like you mixed some things up" would have sufficed and been far less pretentious than telling me to get off my hate train.

A simple "hey guys, look like Bethesda is forcing creation kit mods to use their in-house mod manager. I wonder if this might be so they can implement paid mods down the line" would have sufficed.

I mean I am pretty much telling you to get off your hate train, because I hate it when people spew baseless vitriol onto the internet. But hey, do whatever you want. You've never listened to me or respected my opinion before, I doubt you suddenly decided to start now.
You're right I don't put any stock in what people say when they refuse to talk to me instead of at me.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 05-01-2016

(04-30-2016, 11:58 PM)Surge Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 11:56 PM)Segolia Wrote: A simple "hey guys, look like Bethesda is forcing creation kit mods to use their in-house mod manager. I wonder if this might be so they can implement paid mods down the line" would have sufficed.

You're right I don't put any stock in what people say when they refuse to talk to me instead of at me.

Well, I suppose in recent memory most of my interactions with you have been in a somewhat official capacity (or, that is to say, I don't remember trying to talk with you recently beyond telling you to knock it off as a mod occasionally)

From my perspective, you've always been very... irate? towards me. I don't know what I did to wrong you in the first place, but at this point I've pretty much accepted it as I don't expect it to change regardless of how I approach you. So, you're pretty much just getting me at my most blunt and straightforward.

You're right that was overly aggressive though, I'm in a bad mood for other reasons and that's reflected in everything I write for better or worse. I'll try and tone it down in the future (contrary to popular belief I'm not a jerk - I'm just not perfect either)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 12:06 AM)Segolia Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 11:58 PM)Surge Wrote: You're right I don't put any stock in what people say when they refuse to talk to me instead of at me.

Well, I suppose in recent memory most of my interactions with you have been in a somewhat official capacity (or, that is to say, I don't remember trying to talk with you recently beyond telling you to knock it off as a mod occasionally)

From my perspective, you've always been very... irate? towards me. I don't know what I did to wrong you in the first place, but at this point I've pretty much accepted it as I don't expect it to change regardless of how I approach you. So, you're pretty much just getting me at my most blunt and straightforward.

You're right that was overly aggressive though, I'm in a bad mood for other reasons and that's reflected in everything I write for better or worse. I'll try and tone it down in the future (contrary to popular belief I'm not a jerk - I'm just not perfect either)
[Image: wKmoa9X.gif]
I will accept this outcome. It's a win-win and I like that.
Though full disclosure I will probably continue to just try and avoid you.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 05-01-2016

On a more positive note.
[Image: TRk6qd9.jpg]
Huh. I really should check the MMCC boards more often.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-01-2016

On a brighter note:  I survived this.  Because magic!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - RobinhoodtheFletchling - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 04:48 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: On a brighter note:  I survived this.  Because magic!

Oh no... I'm getting FTL flashbacks.

Fire in weapons room
*vents oxygen to weapons room*
Fire spreads to oxygen
*oxygen breaks*
Sends engi to fix oxygen
Engi hit by missile and dies
*missile hits door control*

[Image: ftl-faster-than-light-20120915014328944-000.jpg]

not like this...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 04:48 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: On a brighter note:  I survived this.  Because magic!

Brilliant, another player! Add me on Steam.
BTW, what the hell were you fighting to get that? Rail ASP?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 06:02 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote:

Brilliant, another player! Add me on Steam.

I was on my first test flight with her and haven't upgraded any of my weaponry or engines yet.  They had a missile pod and two multi-lasers.  Instantly popped my shields and nailed my canopy with three rockets.  Got them down to 32% when they popped it and I had to blast.  Was an ASP with a bunch of armor packets.  Pilot class dangerous targeted me directly.  Still managed 138K credit gains after repairs.  Just well known enough as a bounty hunter in my home system to be targeted already.  Barely even played yet.  Have a stock of about 9-mil credits currently.  Had 14-mil before maxing out my eagle.

(05-01-2016, 06:30 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 06:02 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: Brilliant, another player! Add me on Steam.

I was on my first test flight with her and haven't upgraded any of my weaponry or engines yet.  They had a missile pod and two multi-lasers.  Instantly popped my shields and nailed my canopy with three rockets.  Got them down to 32% when they popped it and I had to blast.  Was an ASP with a bunch of armor packets.  Pilot class dangerous targeted me directly.  Still managed 138K credit gains after repairs.  Just well known enough as a bounty hunter in my home system to be targeted already.  Barely even played yet.  Have a stock of about 9-mil credits currently.  Had 14-mil before maxing out my eagle.

CMDR or NPC?
And why would you max out an Eagle? I could probably kill an Eagle with ramming.

(05-01-2016, 06:43 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 06:30 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: I was on my first test flight with her and haven't upgraded any of my weaponry or engines yet.  They had a missile pod and two multi-lasers.  Instantly popped my shields and nailed my canopy with three rockets.  Got them down to 32% when they popped it and I had to blast.  Was an ASP with a bunch of armor packets.  Pilot class dangerous targeted me directly.  Still managed 138K credit gains after repairs.  Just well known enough as a bounty hunter in my home system to be targeted already.  Barely even played yet.  Have a stock of about 9-mil credits currently.  Had 14-mil before maxing out my eagle.

CMDR or NPC?
And why would you max out an Eagle? I could probably kill an Eagle with ramming.
Why wouldn't I max out an eagle?  I am not a fan of slug-wars, I am only really any good in fighters, it's boring having all the cards to me.  I thrive at a disadvantage, it's the only way I get better.

All these things state my personal preference.  I have no need of "better" when I have what I want.  Hope that answers it. 

It's not nice that your first thought is how easy it would be for you to kill me.  Because I know.  I oft take out dogpacks of eagles in my eagle and cheap-arse sidewinder..  Idea on that is it's cheap to replace.

(05-01-2016, 05:22 AM)RobinhoodtheFletchling Wrote: Oh no... I'm getting FTL flashbacks.

Fire in weapons room
*vents oxygen to weapons room*
Fire spreads to oxygen
*oxygen breaks*
Sends engi to fix oxygen
Engi hit by missile and dies
*missile hits door control*

Snip

not like this...
I've survived two systems on one bar of health without repairs before.  You have no excuse!  facing slug boarding ships with three mantis and two engis as my crew.  >.>

Mantis had maxed piloting and I had maxed engines.  50% dodge. 

I kid.  I know that feeling.  I've had shields down and three health in a meteorite field after a fight and engines were down too.  I had to watch my little guys die while they tried their damnedest to survive.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-01-2016

[img][Image: U3IflKz.jpg][/img]
it wasnt even looking at me!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-01-2016

the closest thing you could get for a war thunder with jets

what happend to robocraft? the guns are all slow(SMG Protoseeker thing), the shop is gone, and the game is laggier than usual

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-01-2016

Stupid notifications, or lack thereof...

https://streamable.com/lfnq

so how many of yuo guys have quit robocraft and already got a replacement?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 01:24 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: https://streamable.com/lfnq

so how many of yuo guys have quit robocraft and already got a replacement?

I've already quit, and I don't really need a replacement.
Crossout looks fun, though.