Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 08-15-2016

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-15-2016

Just took my placement exam for college, I passed all the fields relevant to my desired major by at least 30 points and spectacularly failed the one that wasn't

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 07:07 PM)Surge Wrote: Just took my placement exam for college, I passed all the fields relevant to my desired major by at least 30 points and spectacularly failed the one that wasn't

Hah.  Congratulations on being good at what you like.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 07:22 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 07:07 PM)Surge Wrote: Just took my placement exam for college, I passed all the fields relevant to my desired major by at least 30 points and spectacularly failed the one that wasn't

Hah.  Congratulations on being good at what you like.
Nah I just test well. It wasn't uncommon in high school for me to have one of the highest test grades and lowest overall grade in the whole class.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-15-2016

So I had tea... And substituted the milk with chocolate milk.
It was far less terrible than expected. In fact it was quite good.

(08-15-2016, 05:27 PM)Reks Wrote:

OWO
Oh my gods that's adorable!
[unhumanly squeeing]

Ryu has recently reworked some of the lore pages on the wiki, and has now added:
THIS.

So the courses for my major were all full and I've already lost $400 before anyone has even said the word "tuition" to me

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 09:05 PM)Surge Wrote: So the courses for my major were all full and I've already lost $400 before anyone has even said the word "tuition" to me

Welcome to the wonderful world of post-secondary education.
This is one of many reasons I'm not particularily thrilled about going to college in September...

Well after a real dumbass comment somebody made to me on discord I'm on shorter fuse than before.

Today will be fun.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 09:54 PM)Surge Wrote: Well after a real dumbass comment somebody made to me on discord I'm on shorter fuse than before.

Today will be fun.

Just use the potato method then.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-16-2016

(08-15-2016, 08:47 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: So I had tea... And substituted the milk with chocolate milk.

(08-15-2016, 05:27 PM)Reks Wrote:

OWO
[unhumanly squeeing]

Ryu has recently reworked some of the lore pages on the wiki, and has now added:
THIS.

What kind of people with the right mind would add anything to TEA especially the heretic that is milk *hates milk*

Also we're definatly.not Illuminate, so either we're Independent worlds or Rouge

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 12:01 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 08:47 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: So I had tea... And substituted the milk with chocolate milk.

OWO
[unhumanly squeeing]

THIS.

What kind of people with the right mind would add anything to TEA especially the heretic that is milk *hates milk*

Also we're definatly.not Illuminate, so either we're Independent worlds or Rouge

Judging by our content we're most certainly rogue, with a terrible facsimile of the great Illuminate Nexus.
And I will ignore your tea comment for the sake of not starting an intergalactic incident.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-16-2016

Quote:Legal issues regarding Macross copyright

Harmony Gold, via its license of Robotech, is the co-copyright owner in the US for images of mecha from the component series of the show, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA. They have pursued multiple lawsuits against anyone using mecha which even vaguely resemble these designs.

Most notably, many early designs used in Battletech, such as the Warhammer, Valkyrie, and Marauder, were licensed directly from the Japanese producers of Macross, with the overlapping rights mistake not being realized for nearly a decade. Harmony Gold sued FASA, and as a result these designs were removed from the game. Fan outcry over 'The Unseen' has led to multiple attempts to negotiate deals allowing for resumed use of the designs, but despite in one case a sourcebook going to press before being abruptly pulled, no deal has ever been reached. As a result of the failed negotiations, the producers of Battletech ruled that any designs not developed in house would no longer be used in order to avoid future issues.

Harmony Gold issued cease and desist orders against sites displaying images and trailers from the deceased video game MechWarrior, due to one of the mechs used in the trailer being a Warhammer. The company claims that the images portray ’mechs that they own the rights to, according to a legal settlement from 1996.

The legal status of Harmony Gold's license to Macross is dubious. Harmony Gold's license for Macross came from Tatsunoko Production, but Japanese courts ruled that it was Studio Nue (creators of the series) that controls the Macross intellectual property. The license Tatsunoko was given was for international distribution outside Japan only, and does not allow them to control the intellectual property.According to the US Copyright Office, Harmony Gold is the Co-Copyright owner.

Harmony Gold is known for making broad ranging claims on the Macross copyright and trademarks in order to extract payments from other companies. Harmony Gold is the co-copyright owner per the US Copyright Office. Harmony Gold claims in Federal Court that Hasbro's SDCC 2013 exclusive set "G.I. Joe vs Transformers The Epic Conclusion" violates their copyright license and trademarks on the animated Japanese Macross TV series (1982–84). On September 23, 2013, Harmony Gold's suit against Hasbro was dismissed, and Hasbro was allowed to continue to sell the sets. Hasbro and Harmony Gold came to an agreement.
Boo, boo on ye, Macross will never saw western releases because of harmony gold being assholes, Robotech =/= Macross
*continued anger rants*

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - YDH - 08-16-2016

(08-15-2016, 08:47 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ryu has recently reworked some of the lore pages on the wiki, and has now added:
THIS.
Dangit, jossed with the very first update! Oh well.

Also, that ship looks suspiciously similar to the one in the pic of No Man's Sky in the ad bar right next to it...
[Image: Illuminate%20Confirmed_zpsqeg0smn4.jpg]
...Illuminatee confirmed! :p

*deathclaw shaped gator?*
nope, nopedynopenope

*Chinese AR/AKM*
yeeeeesssssss

[Image: wo9YP7m.png]
I want to believe

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 08-16-2016

[Image: E1330EF1676360FB99C212A26746CC4CD8AE4337]

Anything is possible.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-16-2016

I already like this guy.

So how long until all the new folks realize we're a sham

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 08-16-2016

Warning: Meme density increasing. Chance of Memeimplosion: Rising. Chance of real topic survival: Low.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-16-2016

WE NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 07:10 AM)Surge Wrote: WE NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN

WE CAN'T SHUT DOWN THE MEMES, IT WOULD KILL EVERYONE LOST INSIDE

[DRAMATIC MUSIC INTENSIFIES]