Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-21-2016

FUCK!, welp windows Live Mail 2012 is obsolete now, fucking microsoft changing something that's not broken making things worst, i dont use some dirty win 10 app like a fucking phone, this is a damn desktop computer damnit

and the webpage version is just as bad, laggy and fucking flat

I need a good replacement and I need it now, god damn microsoft being incompetent

talking about shoving win 10 down the throat, killing the win live mail is just an jerk move on thousands of hotmail users,

/rants

DEFCOM rant subsided, I've found alternative method to keep WLM keep working through server configuration

nevermind, the IMAP method worked poorly, damn you microsoft!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-21-2016

[Image: vv5K3aL.jpg]
I found this fab fucker on the starbound subreddit, so I'm shamelessly posting it over here.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 08:09 PM)Surge Wrote: -snip-
I found this fab fucker on the starbound subreddit, so I'm shamelessly posting it over here.
Glorious!
...Those wings look a bit off, though.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 08:58 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 08:09 PM)Surge Wrote: -snip-
Glorious!
...Those wings look a bit off, though.

number of fingers is off, too

but they actually put dewclaws (even if they're super long) and didn't put pupils. so that alone is great.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-21-2016

I'm gonna cheat a bit and review a game I've already played and had my first impressions for.
[Image: 5B82B33EA16782F44EA61D8D86F72127CA3113AB]
That's right, Saints Row 4. For those just tuning Saints Row 4 is the only (famous) game series to visibly descend into madness in front of all its fans, you know they say unusual hostility is a sign of early onset dementia, which explains all the murder and spite in Saints Row 2. By the point of Saints Row 4 we have progressed from being GTA with a better sense of humor to throwing out all pretext of logic and literally throwing cars around with our bare hands in a virtual world while crossdressing. The crossdressing technically isn't new for Saints Row, don't judge it's a free country, but the rest is a step above the series' traditional madness, completing Saints Row 3's predicted descent into simply blubbering at its players while they assault passerbys with giant dildos.

It's rather hard to review Saints Row 4 simply because it makes fun of itself until any attempts you make simply lack bite, and because it copy pastes everything it can over from Saints Row 3. Aside from the city now being controlled by evil alien overlords from their giant space ship, physics defying towers, and impenetrable bubble shields, it's exactly the same city fans have played through previously, just minus the Saints' HQ in downtown. It does of course add new features, as Saints Row 3 lacked superpowers, and the pretext of it being a simulation allows for all sorts of other shenanigans, such as enemies literally teleporting in instead of spawning a bajillion police cars to attack you in pairs, until you can no longer move for all the abandoned cars and somebody accidentally blows one up, triggering a chain reaction that founds the Steelport space program right under you.

Talking about the story of Saints Row 4 feels almost like a moot point, as it doesn't even pretend to take itself seriously, after blowing up some terrorists "for funsies" you somehow become president of the United States and proceed to run it into the ground as part of a very long coke bender filled with exasperated congressmen and strippers. Then aliens invade and abduct everyone of importance, except you, so you go crack open your secret oval office armory and shoot aliens because you can until they finally abduct you too, and then they throw you into the matrix to torment you psychologically for all eternity, and instead you hack the simulation to give yourself superpowers and proceed to gradually destroy their systems from the inside. Also Earth gets blown up, sorry folks, the post-invasion reunion will have to be done in hell.

Bizarre contexts and happenings aside, Saints Row 4 is about as gratuitous as gratuitous gets, while not as expansive as something like Just Cause it also doesn't pull punches, openly making as many crude and inappropriate jokes as it can, allowing (pixelated) nudity, and giving you the level of customization needed to make your character Shrek in a fursuit and give him a hot pink Smart Car. The only thing really missing from Saints Row 3 is the capacity to piss off the police and rival gangs simultaneously and watch them fight each other as they try to kill you, since this is simulated city where the only hostile faction is the alien overlords. Otherwise it is simply wanton carnage and indecency for its own sake, which is always good for a few quick laughs, even if the game has generally forgettable missions and a bizarre plot.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 10:11 PM)Surge Wrote: I'm gonna cheat a bit and review a game I've already played and had my first impressions for.
That's right, Saints Row 4. For those just tuning Saints Row 4 is the only (famous) game series to visibly descend into madness in front of all its fans, you know they say unusual hostility is a sign of early onset dementia, which explains all the murder and spite in Saints Row 2. By the point of Saints Row 4 we have progressed from being GTA with a better sense of humor to throwing out all pretext of logic and literally throwing cars around with our bare hands in a virtual world while crossdressing. The crossdressing technically isn't new for Saints Row, don't judge it's a free country, but the rest is a step above the series' traditional madness, completing Saints Row 3's predicted descent into simply blubbering at its players while they assault passerbys with giant dildos.

It's rather hard to review Saints Row 4 simply because it makes fun of itself until any attempts you make simply lack bite, and because it copy pastes everything it can over from Saints Row 3. Aside from the city now being controlled by evil alien overlords from their giant space ship, physics defying towers, and impenetrable bubble shields, it's exactly the same city fans have played through previously, just minus the Saints' HQ in downtown. It does of course add new features, as Saints Row 3 lacked superpowers, and the pretext of it being a simulation allows for all sorts of other shenanigans, such as enemies literally teleporting in instead of spawning a bajillion police cars to attack you in pairs, until you can no longer move for all the abandoned cars and somebody accidentally blows one up, triggering a chain reaction that founds the Steelport space program right under you.

Talking about the story of Saints Row 4 feels almost like a moot point, as it doesn't even pretend to take itself seriously, after blowing up some terrorists "for funsies" you somehow become president of the United States and proceed to run it into the ground as part of a very long coke bender filled with exasperated congressmen and strippers. Then aliens invade and abduct everyone of importance, except you, so you go crack open your secret oval office armory and shoot aliens because you can until they finally abduct you too, and then they throw you into the matrix to torment you psychologically for all eternity, and instead you hack the simulation to give yourself superpowers and proceed to gradually destroy their systems from the inside. Also Earth gets blown up, sorry folks, the post-invasion reunion will have to be done in hell.

Bizarre contexts and happenings aside, Saints Row 4 is about as gratuitous as gratuitous gets, while not as expansive as something like Just Cause it also doesn't pull punches, openly making as many crude and inappropriate jokes as it can, allowing (pixelated) nudity, and giving you the level of customization needed to make your character Shrek in a fursuit and give him a hot pink Smart Car. The only thing really missing from Saints Row 3 is the capacity to piss off the police and rival gangs simultaneously and watch them fight each other as they try to kill you, since this is simulated city where the only hostile faction is the alien overlords. Otherwise it is simply wanton carnage and indecency for its own sake, which is always good for a few quick laughs, even if the game has generally forgettable missions and a bizarre plot.

Stahp, you're making me regret not buying it during the Steam Summer Sale!
(Decided against it because I prefer to play games in order, and haven't played any other Saints Row. However, from what I've heard about the story, only the first two are really that connected since their stories are apparently more serious or something I dunno.)

(08-21-2016, 11:15 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 10:11 PM)Surge Wrote: I'm gonna cheat a bit and review a game I've already played and had my first impressions for.

Stahp, you're making me regret not buying it during the Steam Summer Sale!
(Decided against it because I prefer to play games in order, and haven't played any other Saints Row. However, from what I've heard about the story, only the first two are really that connected since their stories are apparently more serious or something I dunno.)
Saints Row 4 is packed with references to the first two, and since the 2nd won't run on modern systems it is unlikely anyone who doesn't already get them will. Fortunately they don't really detract much from the experience.

(08-21-2016, 11:18 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 11:15 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Stahp, you're making me regret not buying it during the Steam Summer Sale!
Saints Row 4 is packed with references to the first two, and since the 2nd won't run on modern systems it is unlikely anyone who doesn't already get them will. Fortunately they don't really detract much from the experience.

Wait the second won't run but the first will?

(08-21-2016, 11:25 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 11:18 PM)Surge Wrote: Saints Row 4 is packed with references to the first two, and since the 2nd won't run on modern systems it is unlikely anyone who doesn't already get them will. Fortunately they don't really detract much from the experience.

Wait the second won't run but the first will?
Hell no it won't. 3 an 4 are fine but I don't think you can even buy the first anymore.

Ack! Almost expanded my Anime To Watch list again. Too... many...

(08-21-2016, 11:34 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 11:25 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Wait the second won't run but the first will?
Hell no it won't. 3 an 4 are fine but I don't think you can even buy the first anymore.

Whaddya know, it isn't on Steam. Not even in the whole franchise pack.
Edit: There was never a PC version. That explains it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 08-22-2016

Don't forget the new Berserk series, grim darkness to almost rival WH40K.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 12:07 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: Don't forget the new Berserk series, grim darkness to almost rival WH40K.

I've heard the original is superior in every way.
Either way, I know it's a classic and stuff but I'm not adding more to my list right now.

Edit: New page!

DAWN OF
THE 161ST PAGE
-8 PAGES REMAIN-

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 12:07 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: Don't forget the new Berserk series, grim darkness to almost rival WH40K.

bezerk isn't new
it's a pretty old manga, actually.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 12:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:

I've heard the original is superior in every way.
Either way, I know it's a classic and stuff but I'm not adding more to my list right now.

Edit: New page!

DAWN OF
THE 161ST PAGE
-8 PAGES REMAIN-

I like the original more so far. But more Berserk is always good, I suggest it whenever you get the space in your list.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-22-2016

Quote:“When the police and the fire squad arrived at the scene, the car was totally burnt.

“The victim was believed to have driven the car from Kota Kemuning before it skidded and crashed into a tree in the middle of the roundabout,” Shafien said in a statement.

Following the collision, he said the tree fell on the car, causing the driver to be trapped inside, while the car caught fire.
well that's one brutal car crash

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-22-2016

ooh, almost forgot, umby drop
[Image: tumblr_ocaqge3Vgr1v711two9_1280.png]
http://chiryong.tumblr.com/post/149308274376

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-22-2016

>downloading ALL OF THE MODS for starbound because why the fuck now
>sees that a ship mod credits "MShadowy" for art asserts
"wait..."
[Image: dc00ed841b4abeb0d6aeb0c3e5cb753f.png]
[Image: 45d867e751dbe86d8cdcbb498750a570.png]
[Image: 0f9b180d49470edf8d7f1e3c6418d914.png]
"....huh...small world?"

[Image: 8227335837_53b35f3c61_b.jpg]
man that's one nice beast with nice transparent panels
(why the hell that sounds so suggestive?)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-22-2016

I've owned and beat all three of the saints row games I care about, 2, 3, and 4. Ocassionally would go back if my primary computer wasn't screwed.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 09:20 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: ooh, almost forgot, umby drop
Snip
http://chiryong.tumblr.com/post/149308274376
I'm very curious about what that text says, as I am curious about what the hell is up with that Umbreon's face.
They look like they're about to do something RATHER UNPLEASANT.

(08-22-2016, 12:22 PM)Surge Wrote: >downloading ALL OF THE MODS for starbound because why the fuck now
>sees that a ship mod credits "MShadowy" for art asserts
"wait..."
Snip
Snip
Snip
"....huh...small world?"

That is a gorgeous ship! I haven't seen this mod, I take it it's currently a Workshop (ick) exclusive?