Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 10:08 PM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 10:01 PM)Surge Wrote: [Image: 0d1d80ed2ef789cc32720d60fb864475.png]
Meanwhile in Mechwarrior Online.
The UM is the Urbanmech, the "worst mech in all of battletech"

All UrbanMech = Team "Time to Take Out the Trash".
That's our battle cry. "IT'S GARBAGE DAY MOTHERFUCKERS"
other trash puns include:
"guys let's hide in the basement, make it our dumpster"
"GARBAGE DAY NEVER ENDS"
"we're here to take out the trash!"
I'd like to point out though, we have XL180 urbies (the UM-R60Ls are not them) and are actually wrecking face with them.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-27-2016

The urbanmech was designed to be cheap and effective for it's purpose. It's basically a corridor shooter 'mech.

... Ever stripped it and somehow snuck Two light gauss on one before? It was fun while it lasted. The ammo I mean. Then I was reduced to body-slamming enemies.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 10:39 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The urbanmech was designed to be cheap and effective for it's purpose. It's basically a corridor shooter 'mech.

... Ever stripped it and somehow snuck Two light gauss on one before? It was fun while it lasted. The ammo I mean. Then I was reduced to body-slamming enemies.
We're running XL180s with MGs and devouring heavies and assaults like piranhas. As much fun as LGRs sound MWO doesn't have them.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-28-2016

[Image: CalculatingGraveHairstreakbutterfly.gif]
MRW my 2 hour chunk of plays.tv footage stopped capturing my mic 1 match before the urbie derby started.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-28-2016

(08-27-2016, 10:41 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 10:39 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The urbanmech was designed to be cheap and effective for it's purpose.  It's basically a corridor shooter 'mech.

...  Ever stripped it and somehow snuck Two light gauss on one before?  It was fun while it lasted.  The ammo I mean.  Then I was reduced to body-slamming enemies.
We're running XL180s with MGs and devouring heavies and assaults like piranhas. As much fun as LGRs sound MWO doesn't have them.

Well that sucks, since they've been around since before the fed-com civil war as far as I've seen.  Unless MWO is before then.  But then you wouldn't have access to some of the mech's you've mentioned...  Huh, weird, and sad.

Also, seen that happen to people multiple times as far as sound capture stuff.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 05:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 10:41 PM)Surge Wrote: We're running XL180s with MGs and devouring heavies and assaults like piranhas. As much fun as LGRs sound MWO doesn't have them.

Well that sucks, since they've been around since before the fed-com civil war as far as I've seen.  Unless MWO is before then.  But then you wouldn't have access to some of the mech's you've mentioned...  Huh, weird, and sad.

MWO is set roughly 3050, but omitted a bunch of stuff.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 08-28-2016

[Image: commission__myi_and_zeal_by_nexeron-dafnmvz.png]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 07:29 AM)Reks Wrote: [Image: commission__myi_and_zeal_by_nexeron-dafnmvz.png]

I approve of this on all fronts. d(owo)b

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-28-2016

this is how the soviet space program started

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - UberCatSR - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 04:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: this is how the soviet space program started

Yep. That's exactly what our history books were saying. okaynotreally

So the guys on OutreachHPG have wanted to start a D&D group for awhile and they made me set up a server for it.
So far we have 4 bots, a "Registered bot abuser," I've disabled all the weeb functions on the weeb bot (nobody has noticed yet), and I've deleted several pointless messages because I can.
We have no idea what version of what game we're going to play yet.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 06:57 AM)Surge Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 05:53 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Well that sucks, since they've been around since before the fed-com civil war as far as I've seen.  Unless MWO is before then.  But then you wouldn't have access to some of the mech's you've mentioned...  Huh, weird, and sad.

MWO is set roughly 3050, but omitted a bunch of stuff.

That would mean it took place during the period leading up to the fedcom civil war.  IE, MWO takes place in the calm before the storm.  And should have LGRs.  Oh well though I guess.  Probably on purpose to limit lighter mechs in ways they aren't officially limited for balance purposes or sommat.  Don't want light mechs equipped with that much damage right..?  MG and laser batteries aside.  It still makes me sad...

For example I've stuck 6 light gauss in a daishi before.  Stuck three in a hollander II, 3 and two ERCLL in an Atlas(+ammo), etcetra. 

(08-28-2016, 06:32 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 06:57 AM)Surge Wrote: MWO is set roughly 3050, but omitted a bunch of stuff.

That would mean it took place during the period leading up to the fedcom civil war.  IE, MWO takes place in the calm before the storm.  And should have LGRs.  Oh well though I guess.  Probably on purpose to limit lighter mechs in ways they aren't officially limited for balance purposes or sommat.  Don't want light mechs equipped with that much damage right..?  MG and laser batteries aside.  It still makes me sad...

For example I've stuck 6 light gauss in a daishi before.  Stuck three in a hollander II, 3 and two ERCLL in an Atlas(+ammo), etcetra. 
There's no calm in 3050 it's the Clan Invasion. Also most tech omissions come down to PGI being better at art assets (mechs and maps) than mechanical assets (weapons and game modes)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-28-2016

I'm sure Surge will be enraged about this, or just eh mostly eh

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-28-2016

ASDFGHJKL GODDANMIT BLARGH!
I only slept for 3 hours two night ago intentionally, so I could be tired the next night (last night) and fall asleep at a decent hour, and then wake up at a decent hour. So last night I was too tired and decided to just go to bed at 8 and wake up at 5 AM or 6 AM. Woke up at 1 AM instead, wide awake. Tried getting back to sleep for the next 4 hours. Finally fell back asleep at like 4:30ish, intending to get up at 7 AM (and with my alarm set for 7 AM) AND THEN I WOKE UP AT 12 PM NOON. AUGHHHH. NOT ONLY DID I SLEEP WAY TOO MUCH, I DIDN'T EVEN WAKE UP AT A BETTER TIME THAN USUAL.
And I need to start waking up early because I have to go to College in JUST OVER A WEEK. If this failure is any indication, it's going to be a LOT harder than I thought, because for some reason no matter when I go to sleep I can't fall asleep for hours and I always wake up close to (or passed) Noon. No. Matter. What.

(08-28-2016, 07:29 AM)Reks Wrote: Snip

Was about to ask if that's Zeal but it says in the image name so there goes that.
Anyways, that's awesome!
...What ever happened to Nexeron anyway? He just sort of suddenly vanished during thread... *checks* 16.9 and never posted on the CF forums again.

Edit: Late again!

THE 166TH PAGE
-3 PAGES REMAIN-

(08-28-2016, 06:36 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 06:32 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: That would mean it took place during the period leading up to the fedcom civil war.  IE, MWO takes place in the calm before the storm.  And should have LGRs.  Oh well though I guess.  Probably on purpose to limit lighter mechs in ways they aren't officially limited for balance purposes or sommat.  Don't want light mechs equipped with that much damage right..?  MG and laser batteries aside.  It still makes me sad...

There's no calm in 3050 it's the Clan Invasion. Also most tech omissions come down to PGI being better at art assets (mechs and maps) than mechanical assets (weapons and game modes)
Of course.  It was sarcasm. 

[Image: Hello_zpszn23ssnm.png]
What sorcery is this.  How did I manage heat efficiency like that.

(08-28-2016, 08:56 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 06:36 PM)Surge Wrote: There's no calm in 3050 it's the Clan Invasion. Also most tech omissions come down to PGI being better at art assets (mechs and maps) than mechanical assets (weapons and game modes)
Of course.  It was sarcasm. 

[Image: Hello_zpszn23ssnm.png]
What sorcery is this.  How did I manage heat efficiency like that.
By forgetting the engine :V

It has a turn rate of 90 degrees per second and speed of 89KM  I didn't figure it needs an upgraded one.  Since it was like that when I salvaged it.  I could down-grade it two more times for 1.5 tons, but that would be wasteful and stupid.

(08-28-2016, 10:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: It has a turn rate of 170 degrees per second and speed of 89KM I didn't figure it needs an upgraded one. Since it was like that when I salvaged it. I could down-grade it two more times for 1.5 tons, but that would be wasteful.
LOL 89KPH IS "15 speed"!?!?

Like, that is legitimately a "laugh out loud at how ridiculous that is" moment.

(08-28-2016, 10:53 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 10:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: It has a turn rate of 170 degrees per second and speed of 89KM  I didn't figure it needs an upgraded one.  Since it was like that when I salvaged it.  I could down-grade it two more times for 1.5 tons, but that would be wasteful.
LOL 89KPH IS "15 speed"!?!?

Like, that is legitimately a "laugh out loud at how ridiculous that is" moment.

It seems to go by the maximum possible for the mech, minimum-to-max.  Rather than by comparison to all other mechs...  Mostly anyways.  It seems to get confused because some assaults can only reach "65" speed with maxed engines.

But then there's the one 20 tonner that can reach 169KPH which is hilarious.