Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-28-2016

[Image: cd3d7d6230c4396eb6f1d23b232c7125.png]
I continue to abuse my ownership of this discord server.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-28-2016

[Image: hurr_zpsjuwcz7gy.png]

Hahaha.  Speed stat useless.  It doesn't let you upgrade the engine again.  Even with two tons open.

Second best use for a bot ever.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 11:06 PM)Surge Wrote: [Image: cd3d7d6230c4396eb6f1d23b232c7125.png]
I continue to abuse my ownership of this discord server.

I want one.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-28-2016

I'm sitting here making it play John Cena stuff into voice chat.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 08-29-2016

I'm really really losing interest

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 08-29-2016

Whozuwhatzit?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-29-2016

surge might want this
[Image: 95e.gif]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 09:47 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: surge might want this
[Image: 95e.gif]

I literally just watched this and that part was hilarious (well the whole thing was, except for the part how the original comic creator actually believed what he was vomiting out of his warped sense of reality.)
WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 08-29-2016

More art.

[Image: 507953c10b625635ad319099457b8c8ca00d717c...2fe8e8.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 10:47 AM)Reks Wrote: More art.

[Image: 507953c10b625635ad319099457b8c8ca00d717c...2fe8e8.jpg]

So many Myi arts! Dang you're popular :p
Also *tries and fails to figure out the geometry of the room in that image*
Also spoiler image is broked.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 10:49 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: So many Myi arts! Dang you're popular :p

Popular = paying for commissions, yes?

Then yes, I'm 'popular' Tongue

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 10:47 AM)Reks Wrote: More art.

-nice-

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 11:09 AM)Reks Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 10:49 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: So many Myi arts! Dang you're popular :p

Popular = paying for commissions, yes?

Then yes, I'm 'popular'
Less popular more well liked and respected?

Definitely what I'd prefer.

[Image: E45C64F141E9678F2D634E3B5F9CDB8C95B023D7]
Sorry I'm early?

(08-29-2016, 11:36 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 11:09 AM)Reks Wrote: Popular = paying for commissions, yes?

Then yes, I'm 'popular'
Less popular more well liked and respected?

-some...BODY ONCE TOLD ME....-
Sorry I'm early?
okay stop lying Marx, you can take off the cloak now

(08-29-2016, 11:57 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 11:36 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Less popular more well liked and respected?

-some...BODY ONCE TOLD ME....-
Sorry I'm early?
okay stop lying Marx, you can take off the cloak now
Was about to say it myself but you took the words right out of my mouth. I'll post this anyways:

"Okay yes, I am Marxon. I've been Marxon all along, I've been incredibly lazy at hiding it because I didn't want shit to go on this bloody long. This whole thing started out as an administrator approved (after the thought) experiment to see if I could show people that I'm not the same person I was 2 years ago.

I'm not too sure about the success is on that due to the fact I've had the occasional messup, and also that there's still plenty of individuals here who still refuse to look with a fresh pair of eyes and will continue to see what they want to see as confirmation bias wins out. I had no intent to keep this going more than 2 weeks, I would say things fell apart when I joined in on the RP.

I've learned a few things though, firstly that this group no longer remains relevant due to its attitude towards members not of the original group, I've received the cold shoulder multiple times hence why I went to the RP and the other half of the reason why I started going silent. I've learned that while I'm not fully out of the hole my self control HAS vastly improved, and I am still traveling in the right direction with diversions becoming fewer and fewer. I've learned that part of what was causing such psychosis was overstimulation so walking away has become my go to fix for bad moods.

I have become indifferent to this cool guy club, I have found a place where I'm valued and accepted for who I am, not what people think I should be. It's a place where the people are much more friendly and fun loving, and the activity is constant.

I, despite the best efforts of many of those still here, consider everyone here who was a friend still a friend, even those who don't actually talk to me like Comito, Ehks, OmniGeoff, many others, and heck even Surge is still cool in my book. I've moved on from the anger from being thrown out like garbage and made into a laughing stock. I'm definitely willing to mend bridges here and move forward, leaving the past for something different instead of trying to maintain it.

Now I know there's a few of you who would still want my head served on a silver plate as much as it saddens me, I ask those to try to see things from a new perspective and discuss your thoughts. I know there are also people who have seen me change and also have an opinion to offer of which I encourage doing so. I'm willing to let a vote of whether or not I stay or go be made. If the vote is that I can stay despite this horrible lie I've let grow and grow, then I shall atone and do everything in my power to usher in a new and brighter age here. If the vote is to show me the door I'll go through, as I feel like I'm finally ready to move on from here if I must..."

I want everyone to know that either way, all of you will always hold a special place in my heart and that I'm extremely thankful to have had so many good experiences with everyone like the roleplays, that little server (soon to be revived) and the general conversation too. I truly wish that I posted this a long time ago before this got so out of control, I feel that I've stretched everyone's trust a bit too far.

And with that I will take my leave, this has proven to be a very... emotional experience. I wish you all well, until I return.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-29-2016

ITT Marx does all the "Marx" things that nobody liked but put up with anyways, blames us.

(08-29-2016, 12:30 PM)Surge Wrote: ITT Marx does all the "Marx" things that nobody liked but put up with anyways, blames us.
Nobody was really ever clear about what I did that nobody liked, aside from my penchant to be too silly and soak up drama.

And I'm not blaming it on anyone but myself, I was the one who refused to fight, refused to remove myself when the situation turned sour, and I was the one who despite knowing my severe shortcomings of understanding the feelings and behaviors of others. I also did not expend extra effort to try and cognitively process those finer nuances of social interaction that has never come naturally for me like it does most. I knew that I had a problem, knew that I come off as blunt, but I was too weak and/or lazy to fight it. It would have been time consuming and difficult but I do know people who suffer from many of the... same shortcomings I have, going so far to work through it that they had an actual notebook that was titled "Human Interaction Cheat Sheet" with drawings of expressions and their meaning, a sarcasm checklist, even a list of common terms of phrase.

Do not even for a second think I blame all of you, sure I was angry but it was misplaced, I'm the one who should have fought harder, wanted it more.

Disclaimer: Not intended to be a guilt trip or passive aggressive response, not sure if it is or isn't but it shouldn't be.

Also maybe these posts deserve their own thread so as to not clog up the main one?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-29-2016

(08-29-2016, 12:41 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 12:30 PM)Surge Wrote: ITT Marx does all the "Marx" things that nobody liked but put up with anyways, blames us.
Nobody was really ever clear about what I did that nobody liked, aside from my penchant to be too silly and soak up drama.

And I'm not blaming it on anyone but myself, I was the one who refused to fight, refused to remove myself when the situation turned sour, and I was the one who despite knowing my severe shortcomings of understanding the feelings and behaviors of others. I also did not expend extra effort to try and cognitively process those finer nuances of social interaction that has never come naturally for me like it does most. I knew that I had a problem, knew that I come off as blunt, but I was too weak and/or lazy to fight it. It would have been time consuming and difficult but I do know people who suffer from many of the... same shortcomings I have, going so far to work through it that they had an actual notebook that was titled "Human Interaction Cheat Sheet" with drawings of expressions and their meaning, a sarcasm checklist, even a list of common terms of phrase.

Do not even for a second think I blame all of you, sure I was angry but it was misplaced, I'm the one who should have fought harder, wanted it more.

Disclaimer: Not intended to be a guilt trip or passive aggressive response, not sure if it is or isn't but it shouldn't be.
I can't an won't speak for others, even though I doubt they'll speak for themselves, but what's always pissed the hell out of me is how needy you are. That tendency to chime in with no contribution other than the fact that you aren't currently receiving attention, which you've managed to translate into the RP as well and put ME off from trying to RP at all so I don't have to deal with a character whose sole purpose is to be a "rover sue."
If you want to have discussions with people and not get "the cold shoulder" from the "cool kids club" you need to be able to say things worth discussing, provide an actual contribution to the conversation at hand or provide a genuinely interesting topic, not just shuffle in and make yourself known. Generally speaking people will not give a shit about you and your feelings unless you can establish a reason for them to separately.
I don't mean to be the pot calling the kettle black here, but god fucking damnit man I've been reluctant to come to this forum for fear of having to deal with you and your attention seeking.

(08-29-2016, 12:48 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 12:41 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Nobody was really ever clear about what I did that nobody liked, aside from my penchant to be too silly and soak up drama.

I can't an won't speak for others, even though I doubt they'll speak for themselves, but what's always pissed the hell out of me is how needy you are. That tendency to chime in with no contribution other than the fact that you aren't currently receiving attention, which you've managed to translate into the RP as well and put ME off from trying to RP at all so I don't have to deal with a character whose sole purpose is to be a "rover sue."
If you want to have discussions with people and not get "the cold shoulder" from the "cool kids club" you need to be able to say things worth discussing, provide an actual contribution to the conversation at hand or provide a genuinely interesting topic, not just shuffle in and make yourself known. Generally speaking speaking people will not give a shit about you and your feelings unless you can establish a reason for them to separately.

Yeah I do that a lot and it annoys the crap out of me when I catch myself doing it. I was planning on removing the gryphon character from the RP because thats all it was used for. Old habits die hard but they DO die.

I'm happy to listen and respond to criticism and be called out for letting my guard down and go back to bad habits, preferably subtley though. But yeah if it annoys even me it's no good, at least knowing that I have the problem I can keep an eye out and avoid it the best I can.

Also working on my issues with impulsiveness by reading over my own messages before posting.

(08-29-2016, 12:53 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 12:48 PM)Surge Wrote: I can't an won't speak for others, even though I doubt they'll speak for themselves, but what's always pissed the hell out of me is how needy you are. That tendency to chime in with no contribution other than the fact that you aren't currently receiving attention, which you've managed to translate into the RP as well and put ME off from trying to RP at all so I don't have to deal with a character whose sole purpose is to be a "rover sue."
If you want to have discussions with people and not get "the cold shoulder" from the "cool kids club" you need to be able to say things worth discussing, provide an actual contribution to the conversation at hand or provide a genuinely interesting topic, not just shuffle in and make yourself known. Generally speaking speaking people will not give a shit about you and your feelings unless you can establish a reason for them to separately.

Yeah I do that a lot and it annoys the crap out of me when I catch myself doing it. I was planning on removing the gryphon character from the RP because thats all it was used for. Old habits die hard but they DO die.

I'm happy to listen and respond to criticism and be called out for letting my guard down and go back to bad habits, preferably subtley though. But yeah if it annoys even me it's no good, at least knowing that I have the problem I can keep an eye out and avoid it the best I can.

Also working on my issues with impulsiveness by reading over my own messages before posting.
Well I mean if it bugs you as much as it does others it may be wise to address it upfront rather than post something, let it piss people off, and get silently angry at yourself. edits can be your friend.