Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 05:15 AM)Surge Wrote: Honestly I would legit pay for automatron, it's actually a really good piece of DLC, but I don't think the base game is worth my $60 with all the easily avoidable problems it has built in.

I didn't play 3 but sentries in 4 are pretty scary, double your movement speed, built-in minigun, melee like a fucking truck, and if you kill it first you get a mini-nuke explosion for your troubles.

That... Is terrifying. 3 & NV sentries didn't explode, were slower than you if I recall correctly, and... Well I don't think they had special melee attacks but getting close enough to test that would be a bad idea 'cause they still had the minigun and I think maybe missiles.

And I have to agree that Fallout 4 alone isn't worth the jacked up price tag. Even if you include the DLCs (*I have not seen Nuka World yet), I feel like it's... Just so much more... "M'eh" than Skyrim and New Vegas, and even Fallout 3 to an extent. I dunno. Too many issues and they tried to change too many things that were better as they were. I just hope mods can save it, although I'm not expecting them to be able to make it far better like with Skyrim (which imo was not bad on its own but now that I've played it heavily modded I can't go back, and playing Enderal which is sort of semi-vanilla due to most mods not working IT'S WEIRD)

Still, I feel that if you get a good amount of enjoyment out of it you should pay for it at some point. Even if you wait for the price to inevitably drop and/or steam summer sale madness.

DAWN OF
PAGE 179...
err wait...

...We should make 179 a thing.
Post... I dunno. Birbs or something. Or just amusing stuff.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 05:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:15 AM)Surge Wrote: Honestly I would legit pay for automatron, it's actually a really good piece of DLC, but I don't think the base game is worth my $60 with all the easily avoidable problems it has built in.

I didn't play 3 but sentries in 4 are pretty scary, double your movement speed, built-in minigun, melee like a fucking truck, and if you kill it first you get a mini-nuke explosion for your troubles.

That... Is terrifying. 3 & NV sentries didn't explode, were slower than you if I recall correctly, and... Well I don't think they had special melee attacks but getting close enough to test that would be a bad idea 'cause they still had the minigun and I think maybe missiles.

And I have to agree that Fallout 4 alone isn't worth the jacked up price tag. Even if you include the DLCs (*I have not seen Nuka World yet), I feel like it's... Just so much more... "M'eh" than Skyrim and New Vegas, and even Fallout 3 to an extent. I dunno. Too many issues and they tried to change too many things that were better as they were. I just hope mods can save it, although I'm not expecting them to be able to make it far better like with Skyrim (which imo was not bad on its own but now that I've played it heavily modded I can't go back, and playing Enderal which is sort of semi-vanilla due to most mods not working IT'S WEIRD)

Still, I feel that if you get a good amount of enjoyment out of it you should pay for it at some point. Even if you wait for the price to inevitably drop and/or steam summer sale madness.
I will probably buy it if the price for the whole DLC kit and kaboodle drops to an agreeable $60.

I suppose this would be a bad time to mention that sentry bots have an almost 200 damage melee charge? I don't use a lot of chems but when a sentry turns up I usually stuff my face with jet and psycho

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 05:30 AM)Surge Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:26 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: That... Is terrifying. 3 & NV sentries didn't explode, were slower than you if I recall correctly, and... Well I don't think they had special melee attacks but getting close enough to test that would be a bad idea 'cause they still had the minigun and I think maybe missiles.

I will probably buy it if the price for the whole DLC kit and kaboodle drops to an agreeable $60.

I suppose this would be a bad time to mention that sentry bots have an almost 200 damage melee charge? I don't use a lot of chems but when a sentry turns up I usually stuff my face with jet and psycho

Yeesh. That actually sounds scarier than Deathclaws (which in previous games were things to be feared that you could only tackle when high levelled... Not the introductory boss... I still wish that encounter was removed. Breaks the pacing of the game so much... Free power armor! Early deathclaw kill! Lame.)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 05:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:30 AM)Surge Wrote: I will probably buy it if the price for the whole DLC kit and kaboodle drops to an agreeable $60.

Yeesh. That actually sounds scarier than Deathclaws (which in previous games were things to be feared that you could only tackle when high levelled... Not the introductory boss... I still wish that encounter was removed. Breaks the pacing of the game so much... Free power armor! Early deathclaw kill! Lame.)

Mercifully I have not yet encountered a wild sentry that can compete with an automatron sentry. If hostile sentries can spawn with the twin fat men I have not yet seen one. I think the Sentry is slightly less lethal than a Deathclaw though, but it makes up for the difference in melee damage with a powerful ranged attack.

The worst part of the introductory boss is that he doesn't even drop good loot. He doesn't have a "while we're setting you up to be a BAMF" free legendary or anything, just the usual Deathclaw loot. It is literally just a scripted "look what our game will be able to do!" E3 section that they shoehorned into the game because they could replace actual content with something that was already made.

(09-05-2016, 05:48 AM)Surge Wrote: It is literally just a scripted "look what our game will be able to do!" E3 section that they shoehorned into the game because they could replace actual content with something that was already made.

That's the perfect description, especially since if I recall, that is exactly what they showed at E3.
Power armor should be late-game, or at least mid-game, and Deathclaws should be late-game enemies that when you see you RUN and try desperately to cripple so you can get away. The minigun should be a rare and powerful big gun of doom. None of these things are what they should be.
Granted, the minigun runs through ammo fast, the deathclaw is... ehh, and the power armor has a half-drained core and is in bad condition, but still.
ON THAT NOTE. Condition. Weapon and armor condition. Yes, it wasn't brilliant, but without it, it feels like there's no use for the junk weapons and armors you find. Everything is always in perfect condition when you find it. No more "oh my gosh an awesome plasma rifle! But it's low durability so it could fail to fire and has low damage output until I can find a way to fix it" but instead "oh another plasma rifle I already have one and will never need another". Yet they keep durability for power armor. INCONSISTENT. ARGH.

(09-05-2016, 05:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:48 AM)Surge Wrote: It is literally just a scripted "look what our game will be able to do!" E3 section that they shoehorned into the game because they could replace actual content with something that was already made.

That's the perfect description, especially since if I recall, that is exactly what they showed at E3.
Power armor should be late-game, or at least mid-game, and Deathclaws should be late-game enemies that when you see you RUN and try desperately to cripple so you can get away. The minigun should be a rare and powerful big gun of doom. None of these things are what they should be.
Granted, the minigun runs through ammo fast, the deathclaw is... ehh, and the power armor has a half-drained core and is in bad condition, but still.
ON THAT NOTE. Condition. Weapon and armor condition. Yes, it wasn't brilliant, but without it, it feels like there's no use for the junk weapons and armors you find. Everything is always in perfect condition when you find it. No more "oh my gosh an awesome plasma rifle! But it's low durability so it could fail to fire and has low damage output until I can find a way to fix it" but instead "oh another plasma rifle I already have one and will never need another". Yet they keep durability for power armor. INCONSISTENT. ARGH.
All this shit is why I value the base game at $40 MAX

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 09-05-2016

Today I spent the entire time debugging Homeworld Remastered under Wine. At this point, I may need to reset the prefix to get anything to work. In the meantime, I leaned about OpenGL Core and Compatibility Profiles and how I can force them under Mesa with environment flags.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 09-05-2016

umby drop
[Image: tumblr_od0cduvbmr1un0emko1_540.png]
http://gaowanyan.tumblr.com/post/149958212937

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 09-05-2016

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 05:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 04:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [Image: acBWKOL.png]
MFW I fast travel into a pair of sentry bots.
while low on everything.

I don't stream or record pirated content so I guess I don't.

*Shudders at thoughts of sentry bots*
TBH I haven't played Fallout 4 enough to have encountered any yet, but if they're anything like in New Vegas and 3, oh gods.

Also, obligatory "you probably shouldn't pirate things yo" although I'm going to assume you had a more reasonable reason.
They're worse actually.

Like take down a small raider army.

Theres a military dumping ground on the north edge of the map near sanctuary that has one that you can order to various military installations and have it kill anything there.

(09-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: *Shudders at thoughts of sentry bots*
TBH I haven't played Fallout 4 enough to have encountered any yet, but if they're anything like in New Vegas and 3, oh gods.

Also, obligatory "you probably shouldn't pirate things yo" although I'm going to assume you had a more reasonable reason.
They're worse actually.

Theres a military dumping ground on the north edge of the map near sanctuary that has one that you can order to various military installations and have it kill anything there.
Or self destruct it for loot.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: They're worse actually.

Eh let it kill shit first.

this is the most boring DLC yet if you're taking this route, and this is the good guy/relentless murderer route

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Rahizel Wrote: They're worse actually.

Theres a military dumping ground on the north edge of the map near sanctuary that has one that you  can order to various military installations and have it kill anything there.

So that means null is a robot piñata full of loot then?
*grabs a baseball bat and glares hungely at null*

(09-05-2016, 04:36 PM)achroma Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 01:27 PM)Surge Wrote: Or self destruct it for loot.

So that means null is a robot piñata full of loot then?

dont make me break your neck, I'll be like breaking a toothpick and I usually did it in buldles

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 04:40 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 04:36 PM)achroma Wrote: So that means null is a robot piñata full of loot then?

dont make me break your neck, I'll be like breaking a toothpick and I usually did it in buldles

But alpha, you are the equivalent of a piñata. We can't let it go to waste.

(09-05-2016, 05:26 PM)achroma Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 04:40 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: dont make me break your neck, I'll be like breaking a toothpick and I usually did it in buldles

But alpha, you are the equivalent of a piñata. We can't let it go to waste.

The same can be said for you with all those organs

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 05:45 PM)FF SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:26 PM)achroma Wrote: But alpha, you are the equivalent of a piñata. We can't let it go to waste.

That sounds like an invite to Robusticuffs, *grabs a full toolbox*

(09-05-2016, 07:12 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:45 PM)FF SCN-3_NULL Wrote: The same can be said for you with all those organs

That sounds like an invite to Robusticuffs, *grabs a full toolbox*
*requisitions a Ripley*
I always built a Ripley first thing as Robotics, sometimes the quartermaster would ask why and I'd have to think up a bogus reason other than "because it's fucking cool"

(09-05-2016, 05:45 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 05:26 PM)achroma Wrote: But alpha, you are the equivalent of a piñata. We can't let it go to waste.

*drunkelny smashes a vase*
"Oh' there goin'ta have to glue you back together, In HELL"