Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 09-15-2016

What is there to regret?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: What is there to regret?
The fact that I wasted like, an hour trying and failing to copy somebody else's work

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:22 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 08:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: What is there to regret?
The fact that I wasted like, an hour trying and failing to copy somebody else's work

"Wasted" implies you didn't learn anything, and there's the though of what you would've done in the hour if you didn't do that.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:32 PM)Dipdoo Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 08:22 PM)Surge Wrote: The fact that I wasted like, an hour trying and failing to copy somebody else's work

"Wasted" implies you didn't learn anything, and there's the though of what you would've done in the hour if you didn't do that.
I would have actually played the game I made that for :V

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 09-16-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:17 PM)Surge Wrote: Original:
[Image: AO2f5ky.png]
My rendition:
[Image: b1219afb40431e12a075cf8ba47d24dc.png]
MRW
[Image: suCMx0i.gif]
Heh not bad surge.

How have you been btw?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-16-2016

(09-16-2016, 02:17 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 08:17 PM)Surge Wrote: [snip]
Heh not bad surge.

How have you been btw?

Alive

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 09-16-2016

(09-16-2016, 02:36 AM)Surge Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 02:17 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Heh not bad surge.

How have you been btw?

Alive
Ok cool.

Guess you're not going to say more to me anyways.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-16-2016

(09-16-2016, 09:41 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 02:36 AM)Surge Wrote: Alive
Ok cool.

I mean what kind of answer did you expect? I don't actually do anything to lead a moderately interesting life

(09-16-2016, 01:01 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 09:41 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Ok cool.

I mean what kind of answer did you expect? I don't actually do anything to lead a moderately interesting life
Just seems like you'd rather have me not exist this past month.

(09-16-2016, 01:03 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 01:01 PM)Surge Wrote: I mean what kind of answer did you expect? I don't actually do anything to lead a moderately interesting life
Just seems like you'd rather have me not exist this past month.
Partly because I wanted no further part in that drama of you pretending to not be Marx.

(09-16-2016, 01:06 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 01:03 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Just seems like you'd rather have me not exist this past month.
Partly because I wanted no further part in that drama of you pretending to not be Marx.
Ah I was getting tired of it too but until recently was unsure how to properly end it...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 09-16-2016

(09-16-2016, 01:07 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 01:06 PM)Surge Wrote: Partly because I wanted no further part in that drama of you pretending to not be Marx.
Ah I was getting tired of it too but until recently was unsure how to properly end it...

I had sort of implied from the start that there would be no revealing it without hard feelings.

That Rahizel is puss in boots. His lie would have to become the truth.

Unfortunately, he was a bit too honest for that.

And in the wise words of Captain Jack Sparrow, you never know when an honest man is going to do something incredibly stupid.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 09-16-2016

nargacuga drop
(spoilered because big)

(09-16-2016, 04:57 PM)Comito Wrote: nargacuga drop
(spoilered because big)

Meanwhile:
looks outright pitiful in comparison

You know what I'm angry that Undertale, a game from last year, is in the running for 2016 Indie game of the year but Redout, a game from this month, isn't.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 09-16-2016

Undertale doesn't belong in video game award ceremonies. As it doesn't run off of gameplay but story. I like it, but it just doesn't belong in places where gameplay, that thing that refers to you know, games, is supposed to take precedence. THere are story games and there are gameplay games. The gameplay should never just be a tacked on thing. I unfortunately cannot say that undertale's gameplay is anything but tacked on. It is simply another method with which to unfold the story and nothing more. Not something you'd really like to spend your time doing. Good examples of great gameplay where the story is epic(or hilariously epic) but not forced to the forefront are electronic superjoy, shadow of the colossus, and funnily enough; the Halo series, RAGE, Half Life(series), and the original Doom.

If people like their labels so much, why haven't they realized that there are huge splits in what a game is attempting to do. Story games deserve their own separate thing so they don't keep covering up or being covered up by games of entirely different styles. I enjoy a good interactive novela as much as the next guy, but when I see "video game awards" I don't think "someone wrote some really meaningful text" I think "Holy shit THAT GAMEPLAY."

It is harmful to both sides.

Story based games was a separate category that Undertale didn't make. Probably because it's from 2015.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 09-16-2016

(09-16-2016, 09:56 PM)Surge Wrote: Story based games was a separate category that Undertale didn't make. Probably because it's from 2015.

Not what I meant unfortunately.    One catagory doesn't fulfill an entire half of the "gaming" market.  For example, classicalized RPGs fall under the story department, all of them.  And there are literally thousands of them.  Now that games are also coming up with new styles of story games, like Life is strange, stanley parable, Hard Rain, etcetra.  The category has blossomed into it's own side.  This side is too large to just be thrown in with normal awards anymore, as it is harmful to both sides, gameplay and story.  And reduces profits and knowledge (advertising) for them a lot more than anyone wants to think about.  So your dislike of it's showing up at all is warranted, but also brings to light the major issue.  Too many games, not enough forethought.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 09-17-2016

Meanwhile Black Lives Matter still insists that climate change is a racist phenomenon.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 09-17-2016

(09-16-2016, 08:35 PM)Surge Wrote: You know what I'm angry that Undertale, a game from last year, is in the running for 2016 Indie game of the year but Redout, a game from this month, isn't.

pretty sure they make the selections for games a decent bit before the voting goes up
i mean last year xenoblade x didn't show up at all because it was released december 2015, but it showed up this year under wii u titles. shuld have been under more but that's just my bias talking
i want more games like xbx
please more games with exploration that isn't procedurally generated please.