Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 02:29 PM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: Well Nintendo has a lot of cool exclusives, it's just that they make what I think are dumb decisions a lot of the time.

So I'm PC Master Race with a side of Nintendo. *stuffs fries in mouth*
Side note, it's perfectly viable for you to just put a Battletech joke in your sig, at least two of us will get it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 10-21-2016

Gryphs

Comito (obviously) and Rune

Edit: Spoiler'd cause big

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 10-21-2016

OH MY GOD.

World record DDoS attack in progress, targetting Google, OpenDNS, and Dyn.

They've managed to knock out hundreds of sites, and people trying to use any of those services as their DNS resolver will find the internet completely unusable today.

And yet hilariously enough, I'm seeing no defects. All of my equipment is answering correctly, because they speak for themselves when it comes to DNS the only impact the attacks have on them is that people who have never visited my stuff before will have some delay in looking up the glue records directing them to my servers in order to complete their requests.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 05:49 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: OH MY GOD.

They've managed to knock out hundreds of sites, and people trying to use any of those services as their DNS resolver will find the internet completely unusable today.

And yet hilariously enough, I'm seeing no defects. All of my equipment is answering correctly, because they speak for themselves when it comes to DNS the only impact the attacks have on them is that people who have never visited my stuff before will have some delay in looking up the glue records directing them to my servers in order to complete their requests.

didnt you mention the forum's server runs in here/malaysia? I mean ryuu said that the attack are directed to US and EU servers so it's pretty fine here unless shark season decide to bite the coastal net cables again.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Tanis - 10-21-2016

Curious, i'm not noticing any problems; i'm using Waterfox, and last i checked, i have it set to use google by default.

just now i ran a search for the first thing i could think of that i don't have bookmarked through Google.ca and it returned all the usual results as fast as ever; i wonder if Google.ca and the other country specific googles run as separate networks from the primary site.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 06:42 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

didnt you mention the forum's server runs in here/malaysia? I mean ryuu said that the attack are directed to US and EU servers so it's pretty fine here unless shark season decide to bite the coastal net cables again.
No, it isn't in Malaysia. At the moment I have it in Montreal Canada.

My secondary server is in LA, just because.

at one point I had a server in Luxembourg, but I shut that one down again due to lack of traffic.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - UberCatSR - 10-21-2016

Played Thumper recently.
My reaction: holy toast it's awesome
After the hype died down: Can't change input settings, apparently can't use controller on PC version, music not loud enough...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Silverduke1 - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 07:52 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 03:54 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I mean, even if it ends up being a bit weaker than the WiiU, it's still probably the most powerful handheld to date, and also a home console at the same time.
I don't care, it's brilliant~

I'm not sure, reverse comparability which is a running feature on most Nintendo consoles (I'm looking at you PS4 and Xbone) seemed like an impossibility on the NX since it lack alot of the gimmick that was present on previous gen consoles

i think it could play wii u games, and depending on the switch bits their might be a gamecube switch bit allowing the play of gamecube games from the digital store. Also colored

[Image: soleil_miyu_3_by_silverduke1-dalvbjs.png]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 10-22-2016

(10-20-2016, 03:43 AM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 03:27 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: The safe word is Banana.
And so begins the slow spiral once again into the risqué.

Whelp, time to prepare by finding questionable furry images to post.

Hehhh.  Someone hasn't played Magicka before it seems.  If I only knew what the original reference was from, so sad. Oh wait. Monty Python.

Magicka 2.  Highest difficulty is Bananas.  "The safe word is banana" is the achievement for beating it on "BANANAS!" difficulty.  Which involves enemies regenerating health rapidly, having 2-4x max health and you having half health.  As just a few points.  As enemies also deal 2x damage.  This all while enemies can often one shot you while playing on easy difficulty.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 07:58 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 03:43 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: And so begins the slow spiral once again into the risqué.

Whelp, time to prepare by finding questionable furry images to post.

Hehhh.  Someone hasn't played Magicka before it seems.  If I only knew what the original reference was from, so sad. Oh wait. Monty Python.

Magicka 2.  Highest difficulty is Bananas.  "The safe word is banana" is the achievement for beating it on "BANANAS!" difficulty.  Which involves enemies regenerating health rapidly, having 2-4x max health and you having half health.  As just a few points.  As enemies also deal 2x damage.  This all while enemies can often one shot you while playing on easy difficulty.

I just spammed the lightning spell after I got it, against enemy mages. And anything else that I wanted dead super fast.

I forgot what I used for crowd control... Maybe the mines. Can't clearly recall. (I know I used them for emergency healing)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 01:45 PM)Reks Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 07:58 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Hehhh.  Someone hasn't played Magicka before it seems.  If I only knew what the original reference was from, so sad.  Oh wait.  Monty Python.

I just spammed the lightning spell after I got it, against enemy mages. And anything else that I wanted dead super fast.

I forgot what I used for crowd control... Maybe the mines. Can't clearly recall. (I know I used them for emergency healing)

I set up a custom game mode and started playing through the game with harder settings than bananas difficulty including a half second delay on being able to use the same element and enemies regenerating 1000 health per second requiring me to either do more than 1K DPS to them or one shot them, this with enemies having 4x health and having 4x resistances.  Now that required, lateral thinking.  still miss my force sword from the first game.4 water and a healing element created a force blade enchantment that would send enemies into physical objects for a really nice 12K+ damage, even one shotting bosses that could be knocked about.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Corosar - 10-22-2016

Flops in

w...wow this place has actually friggen slowed down alot since i was last here. How has everyone been?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 10-22-2016

Oh, hi, Coro! It's been a while.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 10-22-2016

Discord really hurt activity in these parts
I'd enjoy being right but I'm guilty of using discord a lot too.
My only excuse is that dividing my attention between gaming, school, and being an admin on an active discord server means I have little to none for forums.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Corosar - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 10:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: Oh, hi, Coro! It's been a while.
quite awhile indeed. it was just too much for me to sit around here all day. kinda lost alot of my life back on the old origin nexus. But with how slow its been here. yea i think i am comfortable with this.
(10-22-2016, 10:59 PM)Surge Wrote: Discord really hurt activity in these parts
My only excuse is that dividing my attention between gaming, school, and being an admin on an active discord server means I have little to none for forums.
honestly. been trying to avoid Discord as much as physically possible. partly because i knew that there are at least 2 groups that would want me to be there... and i really really do not wanna end up in the loop of constantly having to read everything or be out of the loop again like it was back in the day. but its as they say. once you go to the nexus. a part of you stays with it.. or at least that is how i felt.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 11:11 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 10:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: Oh, hi, Coro! It's been a while.
quite awhile indeed. it was just too much for me to sit around here all day. kinda lost alot of my life back on the old origin nexus. But with how slow its been here. yea i think i am comfortable with this.
(10-22-2016, 10:59 PM)Surge Wrote: Discord really hurt activity in these parts
honestly. been trying to avoid Discord as much as physically possible. partly because i knew that there are at least 2 groups that would want me to be there... and i really really do not wanna end up in the loop of constantly having to read everything or be out of the loop again like it was back in the day. but its as they say. once you go to the nexus. a part of you stays with it.. or at least that is how i felt.
Yeah I mostly use discord for gaming, it's nice to finally have a quality hang-out for mechwarrior.

(10-22-2016, 11:13 PM)Surge Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 11:11 PM)Corosar Wrote: quite awhile indeed. it was just too much for me to sit around here all day. kinda lost alot of my life back on the old origin nexus. But with how slow its been here. yea i think i am comfortable with this.
Yeah I mostly use discord for gaming, it's nice to finally have a quality hang-out for mechwarrior.

Oh i bet. i personally have been wanting to actually check out and see if i could get into a battletech game somewhere. but i also know. i am horrible at anything turn based. warhammer 30K tabletop was introduced rather poorly and i have only been introduced to the battletech universe through mechwarrior 3. part of me feels i may accidentally end up going in with a bit of a spoiled viewpoint.

(10-22-2016, 11:18 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 11:13 PM)Surge Wrote: Yeah I mostly use discord for gaming, it's nice to finally have a quality hang-out for mechwarrior.

Oh i bet. i personally have been wanting to actually check out and see if i could get into a battletech game somewhere. but i also know. i am horrible at anything turn based. warhammer 30K tabletop was introduced rather poorly and i have only been introduced to the battletech universe through mechwarrior 3. part of me feels i may accidentally end up going in with a bit of a spoiled viewpoint.
I actually got the owner of the server I admin for into battletech, we've done 3 or so games in megamek and it's pretty good fun. Megamek is harsh to go into blind though.

(10-22-2016, 11:19 PM)Surge Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 11:18 PM)Corosar Wrote: Oh i bet. i personally have been wanting to actually check out and see if i could get into a battletech game somewhere. but i also know. i am horrible at anything turn based. warhammer 30K tabletop was introduced rather poorly and i have only been introduced to the battletech universe through mechwarrior 3. part of me feels i may accidentally end up going in with a bit of a spoiled viewpoint.
I actually got the owner of the server I admin for into battletech, we've done 3 or so games in megamek and it's pretty good fun. Megamek is harsh to go into blind though.
the masochist in me is thinking... ehh i will have to check this out then. i am a sucker for the battletech universe ;^ ;

(10-22-2016, 11:26 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 11:19 PM)Surge Wrote: I actually got the owner of the server I admin for into battletech, we've done 3 or so games in megamek and it's pretty good fun. Megamek is harsh to go into blind though.
the masochist in me is thinking... ehh i will have to check this out then. i am a sucker for the battletech universe ;^ ;
Megamek runs 1:1 on the tabletop rules, once you get the full swing of its quirks and mechanics it's pretty great.