Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 11-20-2016

I feel the extreme urge to add to the shitposting there, it's my calling. :^)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 11-20-2016

which you you guys keep setting the forum on fire, you know those made in Brittan fire extinguishers keep setting themself on fire

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Tanis - 11-20-2016

(11-19-2016, 08:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Just finished episode 12. Okay now I see where you might have issues, things happen in episode 12 that seem like they should have been the end of it.

Edit: Found the problem.

Aldnoah Zero has a strong parallel to Code Geass, that becomes painfully obvious by Episode 14.

As far as the end of episode 12 goes: Indeed they came so damn close to ending the war right then, but of the parties involved, only Inaho and his comrades where concerned with ending the war; Count Saazbaum was doing everything in his power to sabotage any possibility of peace, and Slaine by this point was fully a prisoner of circumstances, bad luck, and poor judgement.

As for the parallels to "Code Geass", i sensed that by episode 7, but it never really bothered me, likely because i just never got that much into Code Geass.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 11-20-2016

I am an active shitposter on 4 different discords. I can't take another one

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 04:54 AM)Comito Wrote: Y-yeah, that s-skype group is nothin' but a b-buncha m-m-meanies! Am I right?

Totally not one of them! I wouldn't wanna hang with such lamoes!

hastily readjusts spy mask

W...what?! NO! I AM NOT A RECENTLY-INDOCTRINATED DOUBLE AGENT FOR THE DISCORD GROUP WHAT WOULD GIVE YOU THAT IDEA?!
-is wearing T-Shirt that says "Definitely not a double agent!"

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 11-20-2016

(11-19-2016, 08:59 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 06:11 PM)Tanis Wrote: And the ringleader of the traitors in this case is high ranking, respected beyond reproach by both his peers and his own men, and had 15 years to lay his plans and weave a vast web of conspirators and patsies throughout the ranks.

Once the war started, there was no easy way to stop it, and the only people who held all the pieces of the puzzle where either traitors, died soon after figuring it out, or where in no position to put what they knew to effective use.

Its also worth remembering that what may seem irrational to us, can be perfectly rational  (and unavoidable) to someone else; its easy to forget that as part of the audience we are privy to information that many of the characters are completely in the dark about.

Funny thing, from what I've seen so far this is exactly how real world politics works.

They didn't just make an awesome giant robots explosionfest, they actually managed to encode in political interactions, how easy it is to manipulate public opinion, and even some character depth in explaining why each piece of the puzzle acts the way it does.

Just finished episode 12. Okay now I see where you might have issues, things happen in episode 12 that seem like they should have been the end of it.

Edit: Found the problem.

Aldnoah Zero has a strong parallel to Code Geass, that becomes painfully obvious by Episode 14.

I felt like the things that happen in episode 12 were just a complete blindside, and if they were gonna make that happen anyway it defeats the purpose of the series before it essentially.

Then season 2 just spirals into whacky land. The politics and combat tactics just go completely asinine, the dumb sideplot with the magic macguffin robot eye thing (where did this even come from it's like 10x more advanced than any other tech the Earth people have). And the ending is just incredibly unsatisfying - it's a dumb fight that happens after anything that could be a stake is resolved, it's literally just fighting for the sake of it (or machismo, or pride, or something - incidentally which is completely out of character for Inaho).

At least from what I remember, my memory is a bit scratchy but I felt like I had to see it through by the time I was into season 2 and it didn't get any better.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 11-20-2016

i assume the discord is in no way related to the name
kind of like this place in its current state

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 04:54 AM)Comito Wrote: Y-yeah, that s-skype group is nothin' but a b-buncha m-m-meanies! Am I right?

Totally not one of them! I wouldn't wanna hang with such lamoes!

hastily readjusts spy mask
I'm at the point where I just don't care, even if they actually are being mean and plotting shit it's not my problem.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 03:24 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: There is, but we don't talk about it here.

We also don't talk about the Avali skype group.

Both of them are splinter communities of misfits that for some reason pretty much hate one another even though they all share the same basic group of people.

If you're going to talk about stuff you're not a part of, then at the very least you can be corrected on some things.

The old Skype group, which is now entirely on Discord, is different from the supposed other group I think you mean, the Triage.

Triage is entirely different from us. It's focused on that mod, Starbound itself, and has a fuckton of members.

Transferred Skypegroup has about the same number of active members as before, though we picked up a few...

Dunno what you mean by "hate", since it's really just a few individuals that make noise about stuff. Most of us don't care about Triage, and I'm pretty sure that most of those guys don't even know who we are.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 03:36 PM)Reks Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 03:24 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: There is, but we don't talk about it here.

Both of them are splinter communities of misfits that for some reason pretty much hate one another even though they all share the same basic group of people.

If you're going to talk about stuff you're not a part of, then at the very least you can be corrected on some things.

The old Skype group, which is now entirely on Discord, is different from the supposed other group I think you mean, the Triage.

Triage is entirely different from us. It's focused on that mod, Starbound itself, and has a fuckton of members.

Transferred Skypegroup has about the same number of active members as before, though we picked up a few...

Dunno what you mean by "hate", since it's really just a few individuals that make noise about stuff. Most of us don't care about Triage, and I'm pretty sure that most of those guys don't even know who we are.

As you say I'm not part of any of these other groups, so my intel on them is out of date. I didn't know that the skype group had migrated to dischord. That bunch was the most vocal about not liking the others.

Though I did know about the Triage dischord being popular.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 11-20-2016

well someone mentioned grinder from RA2, so have this tidbit

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 11-20-2016

It doesn't sound too different from most other self-destructive group of friends/acquaintances.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 11-20-2016

Triage isn't even involved in the forum/skype rivalry. The whole point of the skype group was "forums are a shitty platform" at first and "fuck Surge and Marx" later. Of course there's no reconciliation between the two groups so actually pursuing a rivalry is petty and pointless.

(11-20-2016, 06:38 PM)Surge Wrote: Triage isn't even involved in the forum/skype rivalry. The whole point of the skype group was "forums are a shitty platform" at first and "fuck Surge and Marx" later. Of course there's no reconciliation between the two groups so actually pursuing a rivalry is petty and pointless.

This is why they florished and mutated while we failed, as much as I like to say step up our game, I dont really.know how and sofar we're already forgotten,

(11-20-2016, 06:44 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 06:38 PM)Surge Wrote: Triage isn't even involved in the forum/skype rivalry. The whole point of the skype group was "forums are a shitty platform" at first and "fuck Surge and Marx" later. Of course there's no reconciliation between the two groups so actually pursuing a rivalry is petty and pointless.

This is why they florished and mutated while we failed, as much as I like to say step up our game, I dont really.know how and sofar we're already forgotten,
Eh, me getting worked up over "we can't just splinter the community, the skype group will bleed the forum dry even if you claim to use both" didn't help. Just gave a bunch of people a valid excuse to ditch the forum altogether.

(11-20-2016, 06:46 PM)Surge Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 06:44 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: This is why they florished and mutated while we failed, as much as I like to say step up our game, I dont really.know how and sofar we're already forgotten,
Eh, me getting worked up over "we can't just splinter the community, the skype group will bleed the forum dry even if you claim to use both" didn't help. Just gave a bunch of people a valid excuse to ditch the forum altogether.

Nah, thats just you being thrown salt on your face.......constantly, atleast you have a visor 

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 05:57 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: well someone mentioned grinder from RA2, so have this tidbit
-snip-

man knows what he's doing

A good topic change, Frank Klepacki is a god of OSTs.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 03:36 PM)Reks Wrote:

Yes, Reks is correct. To be honest, the Discord Group is more like the old Nexus. Moves fast, a lot of the old memebers, so much lewd.
Oh and a lot of raging and arguing. But that's mostly kept to its own channel.

Well from what I've heard, the reason you're still kept out is because you are vocally against it, not that they're vocally against you. I'm not sure that's everyone's thoughts on the matter, but it's all I've heard on the subject.

But that's none of my business...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:02 PM)Surge Wrote: A good topic change, Frank Klepacki is a god of OSTs.
Rebuttal: Jeehun Hwang and Jeremy Soule share the title.

Also I have had a Discord account for a while now, but have yet to use it.