Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 11-29-2016

I really should clean it up.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 11-30-2016

damn, that's real nice didpoo
even has cheek fluff and the thing that ryuujin complained about everyone making their avali 'bald'

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 11-30-2016

Thanks! I couldn't not add plumage, two hours well spent.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 11-30-2016

And then there was furry artwork on the Eve Online subreddit. Strange art drop.

[Image: 7h9yye69wr0y.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 12-01-2016

New spritevatar GET

Now with motion and paired with Zeal's new one <3 (which he might not set here, who knows)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-01-2016

I should just not do worldbuilding for RPs. Watching somebody mangle my IP is one of the only things that actually bothers me.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 12-02-2016

i never understood RP
i tried to understand multiple times
but just can't

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 05:30 AM)comet1337 Wrote: i never understood RP
but just can't
Do you mean:

A. You never really played RP ever and couldn't be arsed to try.

Or

B. You failed to read the rules on multiple RPs and got the mod-hammer to the face.

I mean, you're being very vague here.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 12-02-2016

i looked at them from the sidelines for a good while but everything just went completely over my head
so, A?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-02-2016

[Image: mFbpWq9.jpg]
Harebrained Schemes just announced they have a license to produce battletech merchandise. Flight jackets aside this will be the first time that the Mechwarrior Online redesigns (generally considered the best interpretations of the involved mechs) have been available for use on/with merchandise.
The announcement:
"MERCH! MERCH! MERCH!

That’s right, merch baby! Negotiations have concluded and we’re extremely pleased to announce that HBS has secured a license from The Topps Company (who own the intellectual property rights for physical goods) to create and sell a limited amount of BattleTech merchandise. We are also excited to say that we will be working with Piranha Games on this effort, so the merchandise line will support both the video games and the complete BattleTech timeline (yup, including the Clans).

Since we will be offering a limited amount of merchandise, we want each item to be as special as it can be. Therefore, we’re focusing on high quality items which are either artifacts from the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe or sophisticated celebrations of the franchise. The Kickstarter Backers heraldry kit and flight jacket rewards represent the level of detail and quality you can expect from all the items we offer.

In order to ensure that none of the funding you put towards developing BATTLETECH is at risk, we’ll set a minimum order quantity for each item and only manufacture exactly what y’all order. Think of it kind of like crowdfunding - until we have enough committed orders, we won’t make the item or complete your credit card payment, and then we’ll only manufacture what is ordered. That way, we don’t “waste” one of our limited offerings on something only a few of you want or make a ton of stuff that sits in a warehouse gathering dust.

It took us a long time to get this together but now that we’re here, it's gonna happen fast. So start squirreling away some C-bills and look for more info in our next update.

Huzzah for merch!!!"

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 12-02-2016

but just can't

The only hard part about it is remembering that it isn't an anime- your character can't punch trains off of their rails or get shot and shrug it off.

Have to work with everyone else in the story to solve the dungeon and move on instead of instantly having all the answers.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 12-02-2016

I like the nitty gritty stuff, details and more details, just not so much that things become a slog. CoC and any Warhammer RP comes to mind, reinforcing that you can't hold a candle to about 90% of what's out there. But going on a power trip every now and again can be fun too.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 01:12 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
but just can't

The only hard part about it is remembering that it isn't an anime- your character can't punch trains off of their rails or get shot and shrug it off.

Have to work with everyone else in the story to solve the dungeon and move on instead of instantly having all the answers.

The Semiserious RP, on the other hand, is at least 20% anime.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-02-2016

[Image: aszES8D.png]
MFW anime

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 11:35 PM)Surge Wrote: [Image: aszES8D.png]
MFW anime

Judging by the curvature of the mouth, that's a smile hidden behind that foreground. You can't hide from me.
Nah but really though, I get it, you don't like anime. You don't have to announce it every time it comes up :/

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-03-2016

(12-02-2016, 11:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 11:35 PM)Surge Wrote: [Image: aszES8D.png]
MFW anime

Judging by the curvature of the mouth, that's a smile hidden behind that foreground. You can't hide from me.
Nah but really though, I get it, you don't like anime. You don't have to announce it every time it comes up :/

Of course I do, I have nothing left but memes.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 12-03-2016

(12-03-2016, 12:00 AM)Surge Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 11:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Judging by the curvature of the mouth, that's a smile hidden behind that foreground. You can't hide from me.

Of course I do, I have nothing left but memes.
I am a golem of memes and scifi tropes.

No, wait, I'm still in this magical girl outfit. Nevermind.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 12-03-2016

(12-03-2016, 01:36 AM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 12:00 AM)Surge Wrote: Of course I do, I have nothing left but memes.
I am a golem of memes and scifi tropes.

a golem in a magical girl outfit

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 12-03-2016

(12-03-2016, 03:56 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 01:36 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: I am a golem of memes and scifi tropes.

a golem in a magical girl outfit

If I could draw... Oh the shitposting you guys would recieve on a daily basis...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 12-03-2016

It's never too late to start, I only actually started doing things with a (rough) schedule a month ago.