Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 12-16-2016

the candy cane is what she'll do to your bones

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 12-16-2016

(12-16-2016, 10:09 PM)Comito Wrote: the candy cane is what she'll do to your bones
Why? Because I put Ehks and maids in the same post?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-16-2016

Man. We are so out of the loop on what Ehks gets up to.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 12-16-2016

(12-16-2016, 10:30 PM)Surge Wrote: Man. We are so out of the loop on what Ehks gets up to.

Basically, Fennec/Cat hybrid.
she's super fluffy

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-16-2016

I see.

I keep saying one of these days I'll change my sona to something that doesn't violate copyright. I probably won't though. :/

I suppose I could complain about how telling this whole exchange is that the community here is basically dead, but I don't think there's any real discussion to be had in the matter nor does anyone want to.

Gee when did I turn into the community downer.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 12-16-2016

Splinter groups live and die based on the original members of said splinter. At least that's what I've seen so far.

(12-16-2016, 11:55 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: Splinter groups live and die based on the original members of said splinter. At least that's what I've seen so far.
Eh, these days the nexus is, in terms of activity from original members, just me, alpha, and occasionally Umbra, Comito, and Silver

It just kinda breaks my heart with how active this place used to be

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 12-17-2016

(12-16-2016, 11:57 PM)Surge Wrote:
(12-16-2016, 11:55 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: Splinter groups live and die based on the original members of said splinter. At least that's what I've seen so far.
Eh, these days the nexus is, in terms of activity from original members, just me, alpha, and occasionally Umbra, Comito, and Silver

It just kinda breaks my heart with how active this place used to be

That's how it goes most of the time sadly, making a few long-long-term friends is usually the best you can do. I've seen a couple splinters drive on for years upon years with only a couple of the original members before though.

Retaining 'New Bloods' is the only consistent way to keep things going and that's hard to do without a true hub of sorts and/or an influx of new(ish) content.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-17-2016

And here the only old member I still see semi-regularly is KC. I should never have let him into my server.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 12-17-2016

Mmm... I'm sorry I'm not around a lot anymore... I just don't really have anything to say.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Tanis - 12-17-2016

I mostly just lurk about the place, looking for places to interject; i'm not going anywhere anytime soon so long as this site is still up.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 01:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Mmm... I'm sorry I'm not around a lot anymore... I just don't really have anything to say.
Which is probably because you're on that nexus discord all the time
not that i want to be invited to it or anything

at all

nope

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 12-17-2016

I still don't know if the Discord is 'exclusive' or not. Is it?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 12-17-2016

so how about that starbound update?

also i learned modding
so i made a combat knife and a hunting knife
along with an smg and a pistol loosely based on the ones from tribes:ascend

now to just make them multi-tiered and craftable so i don't have to deal with RNG's bullshit of giving me only shotguns that take forever to shoot, can't hit anything and eat all your energy per shot

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 03:51 AM)comet1337 Wrote: so how about that starbound update?

also i learned modding
so i made a combat knife and a hunting knife
along with an smg and a pistol loosely based on the ones from tribes:ascend

now to just make them multi-tiered and craftable so i don't have to deal with RNG's bullshit of giving me only shotguns that take forever to shoot, can't hit anything and eat all your energy per shot

currently powering a new character towards endgame so I can check it out.
pretty excited.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Hetuni - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 03:44 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: I still don't know if the Discord is 'exclusive' or not. Is it?

It isn't really exclusive, but typically we ask before putting anyone in.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Ehksidian - 12-17-2016

(12-16-2016, 10:30 PM)Surge Wrote: Man. We are so out of the loop on what Ehks gets up to.

i mean it's not a permanent thing
just a fun idea of "what if not jakkai but something else"

thus, fennecat xena was born

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 12-17-2016

I'm still leery about starbound, I was "meh" on it in beta but release just pushed it squarely into "ew" territory for me. I wanted to like it (mostly because of the Nexus and everyone likes to feel included) but it just felt glacial and arbitrary at way too many levels for me to enjoy what was, to me, just a creative game.

I keep saying that, but there isn't much else on-topic I can provide to talk of Starbound, and I feel like I need to say SOMETHING.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 12-17-2016

and still an original race that's not several other races-character cobbled together \o^o/

also been super self destructively depressed lately because parental threats have gone too far

I hope you break out of that. I'd suggest music, but that can have it's own problems at times.