Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 02-19-2017

i prefer terraria's exploration and adventuring
mostly due to the variety in enemies, getting to different biomes with different background music much faster, the random events and even random boss encounters
terraria bosses really put starbound bosses to shame
let's play a round of simon says, i am your host, Asra Nox. my least favourite boss, my absolute favourite boss-dropped weapon
and the closest thing starbound has to random events are different weathers. even then they are cosmetic at best and hinderances at worst
acid rain: drink antidote or GTFO
meteor shower: that's a nice building you have there. would be a SHAME if something HAPPENED to it
alternatively the first meteor that spawns slams you in the face without warning

also wtf rinoah, same helmet in both games

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-19-2017

They're both good games with good qualities some which are not for everyone. I think I've hit my peak in starbound hours and Rinoah has with his terraria hours. The weather can be annoying yes but sometimes quite nice like that weird stardust shower one. Also I don't think Rinoah is very concerned with bosses than other things.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 02-20-2017

(02-19-2017, 02:19 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: They're both good games with good qualities some which are not for everyone. I think I've hit my peak in starbound hours and Rinoah has with his terraria hours. The weather can be annoying yes but sometimes quite nice like that weird stardust shower one. Also I don't think Rinoah is very concerned with bosses than other things.

You'd be right.  If I wanted to deal with bosses I'd be playing an RPG or an action game instead (or an ARPG).  To be honest, i've spent upward of 60 hours in sstarbound just playing instruments.  I do love me some Midi style music while I explore.

I never noticed how similar those helmets are, huh.  Funny.

You do realize that all possible weather is noted in the landing information when a planet is selected correct?  If you wanted to build something.  WHY would you pick a world with meteorites on it's random rotation?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-20-2017

Hey does anybody know the full list of games in which avali exist?
I can name 1.
Starbound

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Tanis - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 05:29 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Hey does anybody know the full list of games in which avali exist?
I can name 1.
Starbound

Apparently, Ryuujin first created them as a thought experiment, which he eventually recreated and refined in "Spore", using the Galactic Adventures expansion to create a number of playable stories for them, but he gave up on that after instabilities in the editor became intolerable to deal with; later still, he modded them into Starbound, and i am unaware of the Avali race being properly added to any other game as of yet.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 02-20-2017

Outside of avatars in SL which barely counts as a game, it's just Starbound and Spore, and I vaguely recall either Avali or a species very-very similar being made for that Space Station 14(?) game

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Dipdoo - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 07:22 AM)Reks Wrote: Outside of avatars in SL which barely counts as a game, it's just Starbound and Spore, and I vaguely recall either Avali or a species very-very similar being made for that Space Station 14(?) game
I think you mean the Resomi from/for Space Station 13 right? I'd only kind've count that one, I think the Baystation server still has them around.

I tend to cause havoc on Hippiestation as the local crazy Chemist, so I haven't played with or as one over on Baystation. But they're practically identical to Avali.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 02-20-2017

Baystation was always kinda weird about aliens where you had to get permission to play them and stuff. Then again I haven't touched SS13 in years.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Tanis - 02-20-2017

(02-20-2017, 11:54 AM)Surge Wrote: Baystation was always kinda weird about aliens where you had to get permission to play them and stuff. Then again I haven't touched SS13 in years.

It's probably been about a year since i last played SS13; Baystation was usually a fairly interesting server, of the two dozen or so rounds ive played in all, just under half id say where on Baystation servers, but i can only recall ever encountering one alien character, some kind of cat person who was HoP... that round i think everyone died of plague or something, we had no doctors, and only a geneticist who did not succeed in doing much other than making everything worse.

The whole game is a fair bit intimidating, less so with practice, but i've never found its UI particularly easy to deal with; even so, after a few rounds i found i was fairly good at the engineering job, i swear, it seemed like half the time i was either the only one around who actually gave a flying fig about getting the stations power supplies properly running, or i was the only one who knew how to start the singularity engine without getting fried or having a containment breach.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 02-20-2017

[Image: cb5a4fe09637a2b05fdb2fd61d8cc130.png]
My megamek server takes battletech very seriously

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-20-2017

Strap a guy with a futuristic bazooka capable of damaging mechs to the smaller mech and I think you have the perfect combo.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 02-21-2017

(02-20-2017, 11:28 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Strap a guy with a futuristic bazooka capable of damaging mechs to the smaller mech and I think you have the perfect combo.

Not even at least loaded with an M9 round?  I am disappoint.  What is a metal tube with deluxe 5 pound trigger going to do for you all by it's lonesome?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-21-2017

I feel bad for how I acted towards gonzogonz. Sorry if his name is misspelled. I hated him but the whole reason after my first (not sure what it was but I'm sure it was dumb) was he was trying to give advice and I thought he was being offensive even though he obviously wasn't now I feel bad and wish I wasn't that way before because I was wrong and I bet his rp advice would have been valuable.

Any offensiveness after me being an ass was warrented.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 02-21-2017

(02-21-2017, 03:31 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(02-20-2017, 11:28 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Strap a guy with a futuristic bazooka capable of damaging mechs to the smaller mech and I think you have the perfect combo.

Not even at least loaded with an M9 round?  I am disappoint.  What is a metal tube with deluxe 5 pound trigger going to do for you all by it's lonesome?

nah, give him an explosive vest and he's good without a sidearms

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-21-2017

Then what do you strap to the man?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-23-2017

Do any of you wear tails? I don't.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 02-23-2017

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-24-2017

Saw somebody who did, it really bothered me.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 02-24-2017

I had a little snake beanie-baby toy or whatever when I was pretty young, and I used it as one, if that counts

But yeah no that goes along the lines of fursuiting and while that's not too strange of a hobby it's nothing I'm interested in now.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 02-24-2017

(02-24-2017, 07:12 PM)Reks Wrote: I had a little snake beanie-baby toy or whatever when I was pretty young, and I used it as one, if that counts

But yeah no that goes along the lines of fursuiting and while that's not too strange of a hobby it's nothing I'm interested in now.

I would not count the snake toy but also I was talking about now in the present.
Hmmm I wonder, do you think 1 way you can Identify a furry is if they think fursuiting isn't strange?