Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 05-12-2017

I will always be an avali.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 03:04 PM)Comito Wrote: Shark Surge is pretty cool.

Danke schon. I'm still hammering out some smaller details on him.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - comet1337 - 05-12-2017

i don't think i've seen any fish characters that aren't sharks
but then again, the selection of cool fishes just about starts and ends with sharks
orcas and dolphins are close seconds, but they aren't even fish

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 10:11 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 03:04 PM)Comito Wrote: Shark Surge is pretty cool.

Danke schon. I'm still hammering out some smaller details on him.

What other sonas have you besides umbreon?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-12-2017

I only keep one sona at a time. I'm retiring the umbreon to use the shark.

(05-12-2017, 11:29 PM)Surge Wrote: I only keep one sona at a time. I'm retiring the umbreon to use the shark.

Should'a said had. What other sonas have you had in the past.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-13-2017

(05-12-2017, 11:51 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 11:29 PM)Surge Wrote: I only keep one sona at a time. I'm retiring the umbreon to use the shark.

Should'a said had. What other sonas have you had in the past.
Only the umbreon.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 05-13-2017

Oh, hey, Surge is a shark now. Neat!
Looks good o wo b

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 02:14 AM)Umbra Wrote: Oh, hey, Surge is a shark now. Neat!
Looks good o wo b

Thanks, I've been trying to get this art made for a few weeks now, been quiet about it while I tried to find an artist who would take my money to do it. Ultimately wound up getting somebody on reddit to do it for free though.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 02:20 AM)Surge Wrote: Thanks, I've been trying to get this art made for a few weeks now, been quiet about it while I tried to find an artist who would take my money to do it. Ultimately wound up getting somebody on reddit to do it for free though.

Sick. Free art that's actually good is always nice!

[Image: pVtGmz8.png]
I've been editing the colors and patterns myself to get them more the way I want, but it feels like it's still missing something. I dunno, it's good enough for now I guess.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 05-13-2017

What's y'all favorite vid'ja game?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Cereal - 05-13-2017

uh, i dunno.

there's a lot of games that have managed to take my interest.

sandbox games especially, though there's a few others that also conflict that thought.

so really, i've got a shitload of games i adore. it's hard picking which one is truly "the best".

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-13-2017

(05-12-2017, 10:47 PM)comet1337 Wrote: i don't think i've seen any fish characters that aren't sharks
but then again, the selection of cool fishes just about starts and ends with sharks
orcas and dolphins are close seconds, but they aren't even fish

orca sonas are pretty cool too
RIP grumpy edgy umbreon
(I dont know since when you start using it)-2017

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 02:54 AM)Surge Wrote: Snip
I've been editing the colors and patterns myself to get them more the way I want, but it feels like it's still missing something. I dunno, it's good enough for now I guess.

Background and something that tells even the smallest story about personality?  That's about all I could guess.  Good luck on further refinement.

I do not have a favorite video game.  I've been playing long enough that such a premise can no longer exist for m-wait.  Call of juarez gunslinger.  I do have a favorite.  Forgot about that for a moment.  Issue though is that it's a short game.  "The candle that burns twice as hot burns half as long" and all that.  Played through it 8 times in a week when I got it.

(05-13-2017, 01:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 02:54 AM)Surge Wrote: Snip

Background and something that tells even the smallest story about personality?  That's about all I could guess.  Good luck on further refinement.

I do not have a favorite video game.  I've been playing long enough that such a premise can no longer exist for m-wait.  Call of juarez gunslinger.  I do have a favorite.  Forgot about that for a moment.  Issue though is that it's a short game.  "The candle that burns twice as hot burns half as long" and all that.  Played through it 8 times in a week when I got it.
Editing the background would be more trouble than it's worth because paint.net wants to annihilate the original artist's watermark. As for story my sona isn't really a distinct character, I don't develop him further than the appearance.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 01:55 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 01:20 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Background and something that tells even the smallest story about personality?  That's about all I could guess.  Good luck on further refinement.

Editing the background would be more trouble than it's worth because paint.net wants to annihilate the original artist's watermark. As for story my sona isn't really a distinct character, I don't develop him further than the appearance.

Of course.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-13-2017

atleast give him a body armor of your choice, I mean it doenst speak surge if it isnt abit militaristic

(05-13-2017, 03:45 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: atleast give him a body armor of your choice, I mean it doenst speak surge if it isnt abit militaristic
One step at a time, that comes later

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-17-2017

Goodness gracious there's a new MWO patch and with it a whole new progression system. The old progression system consisted of 3 tiers of increasingly significant skills, various basic and minor improvements at tier 1, more significant and important improvements as well as a doubling of all tier 1 bonuses at tier 2, then an extra module slot at tier 3. The new system removes modules entirely in favor of a convoluted skill tree where the player mixes and matches up to 91 different nodes from multiple trees that, combined, contain over 200 potential nodes. On paper this sounds great, but each node is very granular, offering maybe only a 1% improvement to the skill, many valuable nodes are locked behind worthless nodes, so on and so forth. Mechs are having their progress in the previous system carried over in the form of "historic XP" which is exchanged for the new skill points used to unlock nodes, mechs without any HXP or without enough to unlock all 91 potential skill points have to grind mech XP the same as they did before, and then exchange mech XP plus C-bills for each skill point. This creates a slow and mostly intangible climb from 0SP to 91SP, to say nothing of the 4 million C-bills it costs to buy all 91 points.

This all isn't even the biggest problem with the skill tree though. The skill tree was implemented to replace the old quirk system, a series of fixed stat modifiers on a variant-by-variant basis that directly buffed weak mechs to help them compete with stronger builds, however it often created only small niches for underused mechs, and allowed already strong mechs to completely dominate their role. PGI didn't even remove the old quirks when the skill tree launched, because the skill tree is almost the same for every mech, weak mechs do not have more nodes, strong mechs do not have less, and thus it is completely ineffective as a balancing tool. Although the skill tree has briefly shaken things up, and a few new quirks available via the skill tree have brought back some builds, PGI has devoted a massive amount of time and resources to implementing a feature that has failed at all of its stated goals and adds only unnecessary complexity to an already confusing game.

I'm not bothered by any of this because they finally released a Clan Diamond Shark decal though.