Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 05-16-2016

(05-16-2016, 11:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Fair warning: Those numbers can be set to whatever the admins please at any time. So if anyone feels an urge to farm theirs or make a big deal about it, they'll find it reset to a negative number- or worse 0 and their account no longer able to use that feature.

But they are kinda fun to see who has what number there, just because.

OunO so serious
But yes nobody really makes a big deal of rep. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things - heck, I have a surprisingly high rep compared to people who probably deserve it far more... Still not entirely sure how that happened.
And remember: the only valid reason to downrep something someone uprepped for the sake of negation is to keep Thread Builder's rep at 169, for that is the number of our people!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-16-2016

Well there was that one time that there was a bunch of drama over rep but that was just trolling.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 05-17-2016

I have successfully tracked down the side mods, extracted errant files, and got the mods working. Mission accomplished.

I've also had to keep around unrar, since apparently the libre archive managers haven't quite reverse-engineered some parts of that format.

EDIT: Well, that went well. Apparently both mods pentuple the loading times, even without the extra mods, both have some broken mechanics, and I didn't feel like they were fun to play. Guess I'm just sticking with only the camera mod. 

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 05-17-2016

So I finally watched Civil War. Holy shit. The action was great, the story was okay and Tony Stank wants a window seat. Also Black Panther. While the brainwashing and cryostasis mechanics are overdone in this kind of thing, the abandoned Hydra facilities and experiments have a really nice creepy atmosphere.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-17-2016

pretty accurate

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-17-2016

(05-16-2016, 11:07 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Fair warning: Those numbers can be set to whatever the admins please at any time. So if anyone feels an urge to farm theirs or make a big deal about it, they'll find it reset to a negative number- or worse 0 and their account no longer able to use that feature.

I did not mean to cause a fuss I apologize.

(05-16-2016, 11:16 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:

OunO so serious
But yes nobody really makes a big deal of rep. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things - heck, I have a surprisingly high rep compared to people who probably deserve it far more... Still not entirely sure how that happened.
And remember: the only valid reason to downrep something someone uprepped for the sake of negation is to keep Thread Builder's rep at 169, for that is the number of our people!
Unfortunately I know why...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-17-2016

*kicks down tent*
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads%2F1-3-1-release-date.43505%2F
GUYS, HOLY FUCK!

meanwhile in warthunder, russian is getting an ATGM tank, US is getting an ATGM tank, Germans is getting ATGM tank, brittish is getting a ATGM tank, japan probably gonna have their faction removed for balancing

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-17-2016

(05-17-2016, 01:00 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: *kicks down tent*
GUYS, HOLY FUCK!

meanwhile in warthunder, russian is getting an ATGM tank, US is getting an ATGM tank, Germans is getting ATGM tank, brittish is getting a ATGM tank, japan probably gonna have their faction removed for balancing
Whatever happened to the mechanian mod?

(05-17-2016, 01:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 01:00 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: *kicks down tent*
GUYS, HOLY FUCK!

Whatever happened to the mechanian mod?

colleg, worst, industrial training and upcomming final year project

(05-17-2016, 02:03 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 01:54 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Whatever happened to the mechanian mod?

colleg, worst, industrial training and upcomming final year project
I know a guy.

to anyone who have played PSMD, what's the scale from Infinity gates to rescue team to explorers of sky/time/darkness? or was it in a different scale since I've heard a fre key things might have changed/swapped

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 05-18-2016

So I attacked the Ork base. After an hour of fighting off waves and waves, I finally destroyed the base, and eliminated the Orks from the campaign. 

And then the game crashed after the cutscene. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 02:52 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: So I attacked the Ork base. After an hour of fighting off waves and waves, I finally destroyed the base, and eliminated the Orks from the campaign. 

And then the game crashed after the cutscene. 

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Wez da orks, we use da wierdboyz to erase yer progress!

WAAAAAAAGH!!!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-18-2016

Da sound of humies cryings da same as sound of the WAAAGH.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 03:03 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Da sound of humies cryings da same as sound of the WAAAGH.
WAAAAAAAGH!!!

Wez da orks.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 05-18-2016

Well, I'm glad I save at the beginning of the turn, after reinforcing and gearing up, and before attacking.

This time I'm going to leave the main base alone, and take over the areas around them. 

(05-18-2016, 03:09 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: Well, I'm glad I save at the beginning of the turn, after reinforcing and gearing up, and before attacking.

This time I'm going to leave the main base alone, and take over the areas around them. 
Which game is this?

Dark crusade?

(05-18-2016, 03:12 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 03:09 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: Well, I'm glad I save at the beginning of the turn, after reinforcing and gearing up, and before attacking.

Which game is this?

Dark crusade?
Note. Soulstorm. 

(05-18-2016, 03:13 AM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 03:12 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Which game is this?

Dark crusade?
Note. Soulstorm. 
Haven't played yet, still getting ass kicked in dark crusade unless I play necron.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 03:18 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 03:13 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: Note. Soulstorm. 
Haven't played yet, still getting ass kicked in dark crusade unless I play necron.

I still feel like necrons are overpowered as shit in DC/SS. All you have to do is send your necron lord into an opponents base and just keep endlessly resurrecting him and leaving him to wreck shit, and while the enemy is caught up with that you build up in the background.

The problem is really that you get your lord so early, and it's such a capable unit even without any upgrades that in such an early game point when you can send him there, a lot of races struggle to deal with him at all. Hell, I'm pretty sure you can just teleport him in right of the bat if memory serves.

I still maintain that DC was better balanced overall than SS.