Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 04:41 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 04:37 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Because the alternative would be extinction.

Why?

That would involve you playing the game to answer.  Mate.  Spoilers for days.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 07-17-2017

(07-17-2017, 08:04 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 04:41 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Why?

That would involve you playing the game to answer.  Mate.  Spoilers for days.

Im not going to buy an xcom game you know. Its not a game that intrest me or I think I'd like.  Id spend money on many other things before xcom.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-17-2017

I continue to waste money buying art

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-17-2017

My Weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YULLlQFx5Io

Wife was holding the camera, she needs practice. I'm the guy operating the steam tractor, which is powering a small sawmill making lumber.

Yes the tractor is powered by steam. Its a lot of fun, but very hot and backbreaking to operate.

But this is how our technology began, this sort of relatively primitive machinery to perform tasks faster than ever before.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-18-2017

money well spent

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 07-19-2017

Do any of you have formal or informal list of games you should play that you own?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 03:01 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Do any of you have formal or informal list of games you should play that you own?

Code:
7days 2 die> Civilization-3> starbound> Garry's mod> Helsing> Left 4 Dead>

List of unfinished:  Borderlands, Starforge, Magicka 2, Magicka, Lost Planet 2, Project Zomboid(on hold), Civilization 3, Civ beyond Earth, Dead Island (On hold),

New: Salt and Sanctuary, Divinity original sin.

Directly quoted from my current list.  It is not the complete list.  I simply have other things that are more important to write.

If you aren't interested in playing a game but want to know about it still.   Go watch a walkthrough of it.  Or look for a book of it if there is one.  (Or simply a book translation from a fan if you aren't the walkthrough sort.)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 07-20-2017

(07-19-2017, 05:21 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 03:01 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Do any of you have formal or informal list of games you should play that you own?

Code:
7days 2 die> Civilization-3> starbound> Garry's mod> Helsing> Left 4 Dead>

List of unfinished:  Borderlands, Starforge, Magicka 2, Magicka, Lost Planet 2, Project Zomboid(on hold), Civilization 3, Civ beyond Earth, Dead Island (On hold),

New: Salt and Sanctuary, Divinity original sin.

Directly quoted from my current list.  It is not the complete list.  I simply have other things that are more important to write.

If you aren't interested in playing a game but want to know about it still.   Go watch a walkthrough of it.  Or look for a book of it if there is one.  (Or simply a book translation from a fan if you aren't the walkthrough sort.)
Do let's plays count? I watch let's plays all the time of games that look fun or cool but i wouldn't or couldn't buy. Because if i do buy the game it can ruin the experience.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-20-2017

(07-17-2017, 11:06 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: My Weekend:

Wife was holding the camera, she needs practice. I'm the guy operating the steam tractor, which is powering a small sawmill making lumber.

Yes the tractor is powered by steam. Its a lot of fun, but very hot and backbreaking to operate.

But this is how our technology began, this sort of relatively primitive machinery to perform tasks faster than ever before.
That thing is actually quite beautiful.  As robust and hard to operate as the technology was and is.  History is worth remembering.

(07-20-2017, 02:58 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Do let's plays count? I watch let's plays all the time of games that look fun or cool but i wouldn't or couldn't buy. Because if i do buy the game it can ruin the experience.

Most of the time yes.  There's a lot of technology and research text in the newer Xcom games that you might want to make sure you don't miss.  But do whatever you prefer.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 07:50 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 11:06 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: My Weekend:

That thing is actually quite beautiful.  As robust and hard to operate as the technology was and is.  History is worth remembering.

(07-20-2017, 02:58 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Do let's plays count? I watch let's plays all the time of games that look fun or cool but i wouldn't or couldn't buy. Because if i do buy the game it can ruin the experience.

Most of the time yes.  There's a lot of technology and research text in the newer Xcom games that you might want to make sure you don't miss.  But do whatever you prefer.
Xcom isn't a series im intreseted in as you seem to have assumed. All i wanted to know is why avali would face extinction. I've tried to watch Xcom before, i didn't enjoy watching it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 03:24 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: All i wanted to know is why avali would face extinction.

Global Warming.

Their body chemistry being heavily reliant on ammonia and the low temperatures necessary for said ammonia to exist in any form other than a gas or pressurized liquid, industrialization and climate change would probably warm their planet enough to disrupt this natural balance. Not hard to do, ammonia only exists as a liquid in certain combinations of temperature and pressure.

If the Avali didn't scatter to the stars as quickly as possible and establish colonies on other ice planets, they would indeed go extinct.

Just like humanity probably will since we can't seem to get people past earth orbit reliably anymore.

(07-20-2017, 04:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 03:24 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: All i wanted to know is why avali would face extinction.

Global Warming.

Their body chemistry being heavily reliant on ammonia and the low temperatures necessary for said ammonia to exist in any form other than a gas or pressurized liquid, industrialization and climate change would probably warm their planet enough to disrupt this natural balance. Not hard to do, ammonia only exists as a liquid in certain combinations of temperature and pressure.

If the Avali didn't scatter to the stars as quickly as possible and establish colonies on other ice planets, they would indeed go extinct.

Just like humanity probably will since we can't seem to get people past earth orbit reliably anymore.
No not like that, i meant why would the avali would side with the xcom team in xcom and not the aliens, rinoah said they would face extinction.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-21-2017

(07-20-2017, 05:19 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 04:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Global Warming.

No not like that, i meant why would the avali would side with the xcom team in xcom and not the aliens, rinoah said they would face extinction.
Spoilered because why not.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 02:39 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 05:19 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: No not like that, i meant why would the avali would side with the xcom team in xcom and not the aliens, rinoah said they would face extinction.
Spoilered because why not.

Thanks i finally know why the avali would work with xcom. That took too long to find out.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-21-2017

just gonna leave this here
dont worry it's not insert anymore
[Image: tumblr_otejonR6BY1uflnsqo1_500.png][Image: tumblr_otejonR6BY1uflnsqo2_500.png]
https://scn3-null.tumblr.com/post/163220797724/just-a-random-draw-idea-i-had-before-it-got

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 07-22-2017

I don't get that picture but it looks cool.

Also im now a reg for 1 person's YouTube streams.

Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-22-2017

[Image: 777b959fe9511716399b7360530ffd6c.png]
Gee I haven't drawn Rhaun in a very very long time. Or done anything with him for that matter.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-22-2017

how old was that one? 2years?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-22-2017

That image right there? It's like, an hour old ._.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-22-2017

also context
[Image: FlingQuil.gif]
I've sourced the original post so you can check the original context

(07-22-2017, 07:53 AM)Surge Wrote: That image right there? It's like, an hour old ._.

ಠ_ಠ