Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 08-11-2017

At the time of writing, the first post on this page was on the 7th. Null's post was on the 11th, and was posted 11 hours ago.

You know, 7/11. I dunno, I'm easily interested and amused.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 08-13-2017

Alright I'm home from the steam engine show. Will have pictures etc soon and should be back on top of the RP tomorrow.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 03:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Alright I'm home from the steam engine show. Will have pictures etc soon and should be back on top of the RP tomorrow.
Yay welcome back odin!!!

Also are there 3 avali discords? One for nexus, triage, ministry?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 08-13-2017

Oh lord, I'm DM with a group of friends, whose character are the fallowing: a halfling who killed their parents to show that orphans exist, a human bararian who literally drinks blood thinking it tastes like strawberries, and a wood elf that wants vengeance on the people who is burned his forest. After an Npc assembled the crew, they procded to murder 5 woodsmen together, and then the human and the halting got into a fist fight to decided who gets the the artisan tools from a corpse...
Something tells me the campaign might get a little bit chaotic

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 08-13-2017

My week:
We plowed the field that it was parked in for these pictures, sawed lumber, threshed wheat, crushed rocks, did the tractor pull every day, and went on the baker fan (dyno) twice. This steam tractor is 102 years old, weighs 11 tons- 13 tons when full of fuel and water, and is guaranteed to do more work than 65 horses.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 12:05 PM)achroma Wrote: Oh lord, I'm DM with a group of friends, whose character are the fallowing: a halfling who killed their parents to show that orphans exist, a human bararian who literally drinks blood thinking it tastes like strawberries, and a wood elf that wants vengeance on the people who is burned his forest. After an Npc assembled the crew, they procded to murder 5 woodsmen together, and then the human and the halting got into a fist fight to decided who gets the the artisan tools from a corpse...
I bet that campaign will be fun though.
You get to dm for a group of homicidal maniacs

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 12:05 PM)achroma Wrote: Oh lord, I'm DM with a group of friends, whose character are the fallowing: a halfling who killed their parents to show that orphans exist, a human bararian who literally drinks blood thinking it tastes like strawberries, and a wood elf that wants vengeance on the people who is burned his forest. After an Npc assembled the crew, they procded to murder 5 woodsmen together, and then the human and the halting got into a fist fight to decided who gets the the artisan tools from a corpse...
I think you mean it might get a little chaotic evil

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 08-14-2017

(08-13-2017, 03:52 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: My week:
We plowed the field that it was parked in for these pictures, sawed lumber, threshed wheat, crushed rocks, did the tractor pull every day, and went on the baker fan (dyno) twice. This steam tractor is 102 years old, weighs 11 tons- 13 tons when full of fuel and water, and is guaranteed to do more work than 65 horses.

These are super cool! I want to go to a show like that some day.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-15-2017

I m liv.

Hi.  I am alive!  Sorta.  Not in the best mental state.  If I say something fucking stupid that annoys someone.  Please ignore me.  I probably said the complete opposite of what I meant or don't know what i'm talking about.  K bye.  Hopefully be back again soon.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 07:04 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: I m liv.

Hi.  I am alive!  Sorta.  Not in the best mental state.  If I say something fucking stupid that annoys someone.  Please ignore me.  I probably said the complete opposite of what I meant or don't know what i'm talking about.  K bye.  Hopefully be back again soon.
Why?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-15-2017

why not?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-16-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:47 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: why not?
Well being in a bad(?) Mood isnt a good thing.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 01:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 11:47 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: why not?
Well being in a bad(?) Mood isnt a good thing.

Well of course not.  Unless you're a vengeful bastard.  Maybe then it could be considered a good thing.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 04:50 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 01:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: Well being in a bad(?) Mood isnt a good thing.

Well of course not.  Unless you're a vengeful bastard.  Maybe then it could be considered a good thing.
So your a vengeful bastard then?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 07:32 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 04:50 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Well of course not.  Unless you're a vengeful bastard.  Maybe then it could be considered a good thing.
So your a vengeful bastard then?

I care about other people too much to ever be.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-17-2017

(08-16-2017, 11:05 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 07:32 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: So your a vengeful bastard then?

I care about other people too much to ever be.
But you said why not to being in a bad mood which implies thats a good thing then procede to tell me that only vengeful bastards think it's a good thing. So that leads to the conclusion that you are indeed a vengeful bastard.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 12:15 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 11:05 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: I care about other people too much to ever be.
But you said why not to being in a bad mood which implies thats a good thing then procede to tell me that only vengeful bastards think it's a good thing. So that leads to the conclusion that you are indeed a vengeful bastard.

Or Austin, he thinks therefor he is thoughtful.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 08:54 PM)achroma Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 12:15 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: But you said why not to being in a bad mood which implies thats a good thing then procede to tell me that only vengeful bastards think it's a good thing. So that leads to the conclusion that you are indeed a vengeful bastard.

Or Austin, he thinks therefor he is thoughtful.

Words are words.  They needn't have any additional meanings attached to them than what they actually mean.    I implied nothing, merely stated "why not?" as an answer to your open ended "why"?.  Since I did not wish to provide an answer of any value.  Creating an eternal circle.  Why, why not, why, why not, why, why not?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - AustinLB90 - 08-17-2017

(08-17-2017, 10:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 08:54 PM)achroma Wrote: Or Austin, he thinks therefor he is thoughtful.

Words are words.  They needn't have any additional meanings attached to them than what they actually mean.    I implied nothing, merely stated "why not?" as an answer to your open ended "why"?.  Since I did not wish to provide an answer of any value.  Creating an eternal circle.  Why, why not, why, why not, why, why not?
Well you could've just said nothing instead of going through a pointless conversation, and as a user of english you should understand implications that we as english speakers have put behind words or phrases.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-18-2017

(08-17-2017, 11:49 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 10:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Words are words.  They needn't have any additional meanings attached to them than what they actually mean.    I implied nothing, merely stated "why not?" as an answer to your open ended "why"?.  Since I did not wish to provide an answer of any value.  Creating an eternal circle.  Why, why not, why, why not, why, why not?
Well you could've just said nothing instead of going through a pointless conversation, and as a user of english you should understand implications that we as english speakers have put behind words or phrases.

I don't.  I can't understand figures of speech except with practice and manual study either.  I do not notice such implications in speech or text and neither do I use them except by direct choice, and even then only close friends and family are liable to catch it so I don't tend to do such.  This is why i'm often paranoid of annoying people and ask people to specifically tell me if such happens.  Because I won't have a clue.

What's wrong with conversation?  And why would you consider it pointless?