Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-07-2018

Heh.  It's so easy to keep going, though.  :U  I mean.  The amount of times I've been the last one around is probably too high.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-16-2018

Go west young man.

Or so they say.

Somehow the way things are turning out, it feels like its 1850 all over again. And the future is out west.

Except I have one of those newfangled horseless carriages to take me there, that in a few days time can cover the same distance as the covered wagons took weeks to achieve.

Going west. On the Oregon Trail.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-20-2018

(05-16-2018, 05:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Go west young man.

Or so they say.

Somehow the way things are turning out, it feels like its 1850 all over again. And the future is out west.

Except I have one of those newfangled horseless carriages to take me there, that in a few days time can cover the same distance as the covered wagons took weeks to achieve.

Hmm, legit?  You're running the trail?  Hehh...  If so, hope it's a heck of a time.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-24-2018

(05-20-2018, 09:12 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 05:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Go west young man.

Or so they say.

Hmm, legit?  You're running the trail?  Hehh...  If so, hope it's a heck of a time.

I came. I saw. I wasn't impressed. So I went back home.

But yes, 1400 miles away from everything I have ever known, I turned down one possible future because I was concerned that it might not be stable.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 06-21-2018

(05-24-2018, 02:53 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 09:12 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Hmm, legit?  You're running the trail?  Hehh...  If so, hope it's a heck of a time.

I came. I saw. I wasn't impressed. So I went back home.

But yes, 1400 miles away from everything I have ever known, I turned down one possible future because I was concerned that it might not be stable.

Wows, if it isn't stable.  Prolly a good choice.  I disappeared for a month for stacking interpersonal issues.  Uncle died two months ago, grandfather died last month.  Gramma is losing it in an old person's home.  And my dog might have cancer.  I finally rememered to check on.  But it appears everybody has finally completely abandoned this place?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 06-22-2018

Was afraid of that. I've been watching and checking every couple of days to see if anyone would ever reply. Server was down for the better part of a day back there due to a bad mainboard, but no data was lost.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-22-2018

I still check on occasion but there's just not anything going on.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-23-2018

alright have something from me
[Image: 20180619_203709-1.png]
[Image: 20180619_203715-1-1.png]
[Image: 20180619_203727-1.png]
[Image: 20180619_203732-1-1.png]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-23-2018

cute!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-06-2018

(06-23-2018, 09:23 PM)Surge Wrote: cute!

I'd say.

Hmm.  Hope folks are doing well anyways.  Enjoyed it while it lasted.  Will keep checking in all the same.  I don't know if it makes your nervous or not.  Sorry if so.  But i'd like to ask for your steam name if you have one OdinYggd.  Or at least some sort of contact info.  Just in case.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-07-2018

Its exactly the same. I am fairly consistent about usernames.

Alas, this forum has ended up like most of the others I've been on. Everyone has left it for other things such as Discord or other interests entirely.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-08-2018

(07-07-2018, 12:29 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Its exactly the same. I am fairly consistent about usernames.

Alas, this forum has ended up like most of the others I've been on. Everyone has left it for other things such as Discord or other interests entirely.

Aye...  :/  I've always stuck around for a good two years after every forum i've been part of lost it's touch of life.  Discord is only good for talking with people i'm previously associated with.  Forums allowed such nice casual and open conversation with strangers under a few simple rules.  On discord if I go searching i'm just lynched by elitist scum who think they're magically better because they were there five hours before I was or such things. This without breaking even a single rule and as such getting no repercussions for such barbaric behavior.

I have surge and umbra on steam.  If you think it might be a random invite you can check my friends list to determine. Hopefully I sent to the correct account.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 07-17-2018

Speaking of discord, perhaps we should make our own? Alas, this is the end. It’s been a good run with you folks. We’ve had our ups and downs with plenty of expirences. This once blazing flame of glory is now just a mere pile of embers. Perhaps one day it may reignite, or perhaps it won’t. And finally I would like to thank all of you folks for the pleasant times and everything in between, as well the folks who left during the times of the CF forums for dealing with all of my shenanigans and such. I bid you farewell nexus, but may the spirit of 169 live on

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 07-18-2018

Its not going to disappear just yet. I am notoriously slow about removing things from the server, and it might still be here for several years before it finally is gone.

Discord is possible. Though I still hate the platform, I have gotten used to using it and am on it regularly.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-30-2018

(07-18-2018, 05:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Its not going to disappear just yet. I am notoriously slow about removing things from the server, and it might still be here for several years before it finally is gone.

Discord is possible. Though I still hate the platform, I have gotten used to using it and am on it regularly.

I hate the platform too.  My name is a joke in it because of that..

Again.  I stay around checking for years after the last post on forums that actually held my interest.

I just kind of dread the overflood caused by new people sometimes.  Unlike discord, forums are slower.  So when twenty random folks join it isn't an issue.  But on discord it's a mess.  Setting up sections is easy at least...  But uhhg.  I'd join anyways though.  

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-02-2018

I mean I guess I'd join a discord and not be active there either except like, once a month.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 08-02-2018

so we're ditching site forum for a discord server? could achive everything here if that's the case

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 08-02-2018

Why? People can't join here anyway unless they ask Ehks or me to activate their account, since I can't tell good accounts apart from all the spam. That more than anything is probably why we were never able to bring in new members, people don't want to wait for admin activation they want to join and go play.

It can stay exactly as it is until I eventually forget what it was and stop including it in data backups and server migrations. Then it just ceases to exist, probably several years from now.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 08-05-2018

What a sad end to a great forum

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-06-2018

(08-05-2018, 04:12 PM)Surge Wrote: What a sad end to a great forum

The end is not the end is not the end is not The End.

Tis sad for another one to fall so slowly.  I found another place to be more social at my own pace again, only for it again to fall to silence again.  I count this my 5th.  And I have yet to have found another to try joining.