Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 08-29-2018

Fun fact: Due to Venus's slow rotation on its axis, and its proximity to the sun, If you were born on Venus, you would turn one year old before you turned one day old. It rains sulfuric acid on Venus but it never hits the surface due to hot It is. It can melt lead to say the least

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 08-30-2018

(08-29-2018, 12:41 AM)achroma Wrote: Fun fact: Due to Venus's  slow rotation on its axis, and its proximity to the sun, If you were born on Venus, you would turn one year old before you turned one day old. It rains sulfuric acid on Venus but it never hits the surface due to hot It is. It can melt lead to say the least

Feeling sad there?  Or this info leading up to something specific?  It's generally information I already knew, funnily enough.  But it's not practical enough to have been brought up even once for me, so it's not really reinforced.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 09-10-2018

(08-30-2018, 04:39 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 12:41 AM)achroma Wrote: Fun fact: Due to Venus's  slow rotation on its axis, and its proximity to the sun, If you were born on Venus, you would turn one year old before you turned one day old. It rains sulfuric acid on Venus but it never hits the surface due to hot It is. It can melt lead to say the least

Feeling sad there?  Or this info leading up to something specific?  It's generally information I already knew, funnily enough.  But it's not practical enough to have been brought up even once for me, so it's not really reinforced.

Just a little fact that I found fun. Nothing more, nothing less

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 09-10-2018

[Image: q7SjFskIg9AbAOgPcoUBFa6xVaVSFRtaGE_z0gEM...7d598d13da]

The surface of Venus, as photographed in 1982 by the Russian probe Venera 13.

Shortly after this photo was taken and radioed back to earth, the heat and corrosive atmosphere of Venus destroyed the probe. As it has done to all other probes to enter Venus's atmosphere.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 09-11-2018

dem russians, dod you know they're also the first one to send a drone lander on mars, also was that jave art?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 09-13-2018

Vacuum welding is also possible in space, due to, well the vacume. Vacume welding in itself is a very cool concept

Also yes it is Null

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-14-2018

TIL of vacuum welding, neat

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Flarezerker - 09-14-2018

Surprised that this place is still in use! 's been a fair few months since I've been brought back to the forums. How's everyone?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-14-2018

In a bit of a rut but that's hardly news, seems like I always am

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 09-22-2018

So did any of you get effected by Florence for those who live in the states?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 09-24-2018

(09-22-2018, 11:25 PM)achroma Wrote: So did any of you get effected by Florence for those who live in the states?

they named another hurricane florence now?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - achroma - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 01:25 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 11:25 PM)achroma Wrote: So did any of you get effected by Florence for those who live in the states?

they named another hurricane florence now?

There’s been Atleast two Florence’s

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 09-25-2018

Most hurricane names aren't retired, it takes some serious damage to get a name retired.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 10-28-2018

Nothing in an entire month?  But, this was the last forum left of those that I'd managed to integrate into..

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 10-29-2018

Times are a changin'

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 09:52 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: Times are a changin'

And not in a fashion that entails sustainable enjoyment for me.  Much to my worry.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Jim_Clonk - 10-29-2018

Well then, how dead is this place by now? :^)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 10-30-2018

(10-28-2018, 05:37 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: Nothing in an entire month?  But, this was the last forum left of those that I'd managed to integrate into..

Forums in general tend to be like this. People have moved on to social media, forums are a relic of the past decade that few people are brave enough to still use.

The server still has this forum and one other on it, both in a similar state of lacking users. I do wonder more often than not why I haven't given up and shut the whole thing down yet, I've been paying for these servers nearly 10 years now and watched the decay progress from a front row seat.

(10-29-2018, 05:30 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: Well then, how dead is this place by now? :^)

Not as dead as I thought it was apparently, several people have posted recently.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 10-31-2018

So on a note not related to the rapid decline of the forum, apparently Fallout 76 has a bug that just straight up deletes the entire game. Which is a spectacular new low even for Bethesda.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 10-31-2018

I's not a bug it's a feature