Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-24-2016

from the guys who brought you legless lego legolass
[Image: b99.png]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - kawaiiChiimera - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 03:34 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: from the guys who brought you legless lego legolass
Bison bison bison bison bison Bison bison bison bison

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 03:40 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 03:34 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: from the guys who brought you legless lego legolass
Bison bison bison bison bison Bison bison bison bison
Oh haha!
Wait I thought it only works if its Buffalo not Bison...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 05-24-2016

(05-23-2016, 07:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Blaaaaah I got bored and did this:
[Image: 08237d26ea.jpg]
Gotta choose one...

Right one looks more appealing.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 05:37 PM)Reks Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 07:17 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Blaaaaah I got bored and did this:
[Image: 08237d26ea.jpg]
Gotta choose one...

Right one looks more appealing.
I don't like how it looks off angle, but with so few pixels to use for detail.

Also now that I've gotten back into starbound, damn avali are adorable.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-25-2016

I fucking hate these any that they already destroyed my supper and they keep mocking me with their gasoline scented corpses and I cant find their hive

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-25-2016

Oh no.

So I played the Factorio demo last night. Just the demo, I can't afford the actual game right now.

And I was having difficulty getting myself to stop.

It was only the demo, but I had two fully automated productions running- one making bullets for my gun turrets, the other making circuit boards that I would use for making other modules.

Ended up with 4 steam engines running to have enough electrical power for the job, 12 boilers to support those 4 engines, two cold water intakes, and a rather sophisticated system of conveyors and inserters to make the boilers self-stoking and the furnaces automatically load and unload.

Yeah I need to buy this thing as soon as I can afford to. Cause I like what I see and I just let my engineering OCD go nuts with it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-25-2016

I should be paid

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 01:30 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

I should be paid
You are, with likes

well that's an interesting twist

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 01:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Oh no.

So I played the Factorio demo last night. Just the demo, I can't afford the actual game right now.

It was only the demo, but I had two fully automated productions running- one making bullets for my gun turrets, the other making circuit boards that I would use for making other modules.

Ended up with 4 steam engines running to have enough electrical power for the job, 12 boilers to support those 4 engines, two cold water intakes, and a rather sophisticated system of conveyors and inserters to make the boilers self-stoking and the furnaces automatically load and unload.

Yeah I need to buy this thing as soon as I can afford to. Cause I like what I see and I just let my engineering OCD go nuts with it.

Factorio has claimed another soul. 

[Image: 93A39C3049804C7AEB2257B0BD5636480257990B]
well the question is no longer where's the bomb but how do we defust one that big

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 02:29 PM)SilverOtter Wrote:

Factorio has claimed another soul. 

And apparently all that bitcoin I've been hoarding is actually useful too. I didn't know I could buy stuff on Steam using bitcoin- I was able to buy the real game just now using some of that bitcoin in order to avoid disturbing this month's budget.

So this is going to be interesting when I get home tonight, to find the game fully installed and ready to play.

*kicks down tent*
guys, holy fecal matter!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - kawaiiChiimera - 05-25-2016

Yep. It's really addicting, optimizing your setup, only to add more to it and further optimize it. Repeat until your base is assemblers, furnaces and belts all across your screen.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - RobinhoodtheFletchling - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 04:03 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote:

Yep. It's really addicting, optimizing your setup, only to add more to it and further optimize it. Repeat until your base is assemblers, furnaces and belts all across your screen.

I may not be the best at the game but if you wish I could give you some pointers.
Also

[Image: 103cr5.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-26-2016

Creating harmony in chaos is a puzzle worth solving.  Especially when you are the one that creates and maintains both.  No?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - RobinhoodtheFletchling - 05-26-2016

I have posted This before, I feel like it is relevant.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-26-2016

Halp I'm already addicted to Factorio. Running on only 3 hours of sleep right now because I stayed up till 4AM playing it.

Made a huge mostly-automated complex wherein coal iron and copper are handled automatically. I also have figured out some basic usage of the smart inserters and smart chests to create a scheme where one conveyor belt is able to feed 2 materials in the same lane to supply my research complex with raw materials that are automatically manufactured into the colored potions.

The system I used to do that though could actually be expanded to carry more than 2 resources on a single belt without issue, I probably will attempt this on my next save file and put coal, fuel blocks, iron ore, and copper ore all on the same belt with smart inserters and queue chests configured to separate them again on the fly.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 10:49 AM)RobinhoodtheFletchling Wrote: I have posted This before, I feel like it is relevant.

Not really.  Some people are simply awful at puzzles.

I know what every single section of my factory does at all times. Constantly updating and adjusting efficiencies to adapt to changing circumstances. And I am unafraid to get my hands dirty with prototyping stations for memorising new methods of manufacture and production. I have even made my research facility aesthetically pleasing with a dual centrifuge (in the future it will be a triple centrifuge) built for constant automatic retrieval of resources and resupply, in a reversed rotary path for each belt.