Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - kawaiiChiimera - 05-26-2016

Factorio won't read my mods so I can't play it without losing all my progress. ; w;

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 07:07 PM)RobinhoodtheFletchling Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 04:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Actually mass producing red and green wires? I was making them on the fly in my current file, and I already see a need of more than 2 channels of input. Really need to figure out how to get the logic boxes working so that I can make use of the limited channels- each input is connected by red to a decider combinator that is configured with the rule it follows. It then outputs a signal on green, to which all smart inserters in the block are listening but only some of them are configured to respond to.

Coming from an industrial automation background, I could really streamline this stuff and coordinate inputs and outputs just like I do on the job when designing and retrofitting, but I need to figure out a way around the 2 channel limit because sooner or later I'm going to get into quite a tangle.

How many labs are you feeding because in that picture I was feeding I believe ~20

I only have 5 of them going in my file, and no room left to build more. No room for the automation equipment needed to support more than that either, the whole complex of labs and feeders was built on the edge between a lake and my power station.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - RobinhoodtheFletchling - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 08:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 07:07 PM)RobinhoodtheFletchling Wrote: How many labs are you feeding because in that picture I was feeding I believe ~20

I only have 5 of them going in my file, and no room left to build more. No room for the automation equipment needed to support more than that either, the whole complex of labs and feeders was built on the edge between a lake and my power station.

Do you at least have room for your blue and purple science packs? If not...well good luck with that logistical nightmare.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-26-2016

No room for automating blue and purple either. I was only able to make it automate red and green.

I dunno if I will continue my current save a whole lot longer. At this point I'm just experimenting to see what works with what, that way when I start a new save I already have a good idea of what I need to build first to get established quickly and avoid cornering myself like I did this time.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-26-2016

.....I just got fired guys...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - kawaiiChiimera - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 08:45 PM)Surge Wrote: .....I just got fired guys...
whaaaaaaat

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 08:51 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote:
whaaaaaaat
They decided my skill set wasn't a good fit for the company and so they were terminating my employment.

(05-26-2016, 08:52 PM)Surge Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 08:51 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: whaaaaaaat
They decided my skill set wasn't a good fit for the company and so they were terminating my employment.
http://www.noooooooo.com/

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 05-26-2016

So I've been doing Terraria suggestions again...
Something frivolous:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/frivolous-thoughts-rainbow-fading-dye.43946/
Something serious:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/wings-a-major-rebalance.44049/

I spent way, WAY too long making up the post for that second one. Ugh.

I would offer... something, but having never been employed and therefore having never been fired, I have nothing to give.
I wish you good luck in finding new work.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 05-27-2016

Uhh. Join a union? That shit don't sit right with me. I think they just wanted someone with more experience and so they fired the newest on then gave the excuse that sounded the closest to a reason that wouldn't make you scream.

Fuckin shite.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 05-27-2016

Isn't that what training is for?

Also... Made a rifle in starbound that curves bullets around corners... and heat seeker flechette burst rifles.

C:

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 05-27-2016

No union and minimal training. Welcome to America.
I'm not saying that they had 0 reason to fire me, but I was definitely working to hold my position as best I could

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 01:43 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
Also... Made a rifle in starbound that curves bullets around corners... and heat seeker flechette burst rifles.

C:
How?
I never figured out how to make custom weapons...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 05-27-2016

Omnic Crisis skin for Bastion pretty much turns him into a Tau mech.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 01:43 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 08:52 PM)Surge Wrote: They decided my skill set wasn't a good fit for the company and so they were terminating my employment.
Isn't that what training is for?

A company isn't obligated to train you (well, not to train you for qualifications/skills you'd be expected to have)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 05-27-2016

Terraria, stop, please, 3 Solar Eclipses and 2 Blood Moons in one ingame week is plenty. ;A;

Edit: Scratch that. It's now 3 Blood Moons and 4 Solar Eclipses. Although this eclipse will find itself elapsed within a few seconds because me and my freaking sundial are sick of this crap.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-27-2016

http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2016/5/26/ign-reveals-mega-mini
This is worst than heresy

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 01:50 AM)Surge Wrote: No union and minimal training. Welcome to America.
I'm not saying that they had 0 reason to fire me, but I was definitely working to hold my position as best I could

How long did you work there?

I've noticed a disturbing trend in the job market where people are getting hired for only a couple of months, and then being removed again before they are eligible for certain benefits. There's enough available workers in most areas that they can keep recycling people this way with a high turnover and not run out, but save a literal fortune in benefits that they won't have to pay out because nobody is ever eligible except for the in-crowd who the boss actually liked.

Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - kawaiiChiimera - 05-27-2016

Okay I really want a Lucario fursona but I can't think of a good one ;~;

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 05-27-2016

(05-27-2016, 12:47 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: Okay I really want a Lucario fursona but I can't think of a good one ;~;

I though you already have one