Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-02-2016

Has anyone tried the VIVE? That thing is good exercise!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-02-2016

The Vive is the one that runs off of a phone right? Most PC based VR systems are kinda prohibitive until the RX480 comes out.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 04:10 PM)Surge Wrote: The Vive is the one that runs off of a phone right? Most PC based VR systems are kinda prohibitive until the RX480 comes out.

bleh, I'll just duct tape my 21" screen to my face if I have to, I refuse to spend a overly expensive(x4-5 to local currency too) peripheral

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 04:10 PM)Surge Wrote: The Vive is the one that runs off of a phone right? Most PC based VR systems are kinda prohibitive until the RX480 comes out.
The vive is made by htc but it's for pc, it has full motion tracking of both hands AND the head, you can set a safe boundary that will be rendered in the VR and the screen is surprisingly comfortable to look at and feels natural.

It's also designed to handle sweat very well as it has to.

I played space pirate trainer on a demo, can confirm that minus the recoil the shooting feels very real, plus you can dodge bullets.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 04:39 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
The vive is made by htc but it's for pc, it has full motion tracking of both hands AND the head, you can set a safe boundary that will be rendered in the VR and the screen is surprisingly comfortable to look at and feels natural.

I played space pirate trainer on a demo, can confirm that minus the recoil the shooting feels very real, plus you can dodge bullets.
Then I maintain that VR is prohibitively expensive on current gen GPUs

(06-02-2016, 04:40 PM)Surge Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 04:39 PM)Rahizel Wrote: The vive is made by htc but it's for pc, it has full motion tracking of both hands AND the head, you can set a safe boundary that will be rendered in the VR and the screen is surprisingly comfortable to look at and feels natural.

Then I maintain that VR is prohibitively expensive on current gen GPUs
It was run off a laptop though. Not even a big one.

Oh wait, the laptop was just monitoring the feed...

Yeah its intensive.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 06-02-2016

So I'm finally continuing to write that Sirius book...
...And I'm stuck on a name again.
Sirius is part of an organization of chaotic-good bounty hunters that only kill "those who deserve it" (I.e. mob bosses, drug lords, mass murderers, etc.) and spare those who are only thieves of circumstance (I.e. a poor man who steals from a museum to pay off a debt to the local mafia).
I haven't figured out its name yet.

I've been tossing around the idea of totally rewriting Surge as a character to actually fit within the Tecarian canon instead of just being shoehorned in there as a total anomaly.

The cats be wanting me to go from here to there:
[Image: 13262d04e2.jpg]
That's way too long by land and full of nasties. I be like:
[Image: ddad691595.gif]
Then I'm all like:
[Image: d59da5bf7a.gif]
Bitch I'm too fabulous for swimming!

(all it took was 1 rad-x and about 3 minutes)

Pshaw. I got Ghoulish (with a mod to make it as ridiculous as the tooltip promised me) and hung out at the bottom of lakes in my X-02 for fun.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:35 PM)Surge Wrote: I've been tossing around the idea of totally rewriting Surge as a character to actually fit within the Tecarian canon instead of just being shoehorned in there as a total anomaly.

Sure the only organic let alone an umbreon(an odd colored one) being part of a entire robotic military force, I kinda doubt surge is even organic but just a android endoskeleton wearing a living organic skin like a T-800(not a fursuit damnit)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:52 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 05:35 PM)Surge Wrote: I've been tossing around the idea of totally rewriting Surge as a character to actually fit within the Tecarian canon instead of just being shoehorned in there as a total anomaly.

Sure the only organic let alone an umbreon(an odd colored one) being part of a entire robotic military force, I kinda doubt surge is even organic but just a android endoskeleton wearing a organic skin like a T-800(not a fursuit damnit)

Surge is a furry Terminator confirmed.

-snip-

(06-02-2016, 05:52 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

Sure the only organic let alone an umbreon(an odd colored one) being part of a entire robotic militwry force, I kinda doubt surge is even organic but just a android endoskeleton wearing a organic skin like a T-800(not a fursuit damnit)
Well revising him to fit the lore would mean making him a species that actually exists. The gist so far being that he started as an employee of Tarsun Defense Industries, THE contractor supplies arms and technology to the Marrian military and any security firms (almost all of which would just be subsidiaries of Tarsun) in the Federation. Obviously being low on the totem pole in an interstellar megacorporation makes you basically a faceless drone, but that's just kinda how things work so he didn't mind, until the higher ups decided that things had been too quiet and it was starting to threaten long term sales, so they orchestrated a "terrorist" attack to get people riled up and make the police and military stock up, then the blame for the attack simply drifted down the chain of command until, by pure dumb luck, it came to rest on Surge.

So having been framed of committing a heinous crime in order to boost the next quarterly report, he narrowly avoided the authorities and had nowhere to turn but the seedy underbelly of the galaxy, with a relatively small crime organization taking him in he leveraged his experience with military grade weaponry to try and fashion what materials and technology they could offer him into a usable arsenal.

After a bloody confrontation with his new "bosses" several years down the line, TSOC decides they can find a use for the inventive "terrorist" bleeding into a gutter and they set him up with his own operation with a little help from the TEC to take a fall for their actual terrorism if needed. Of course TSOC never needed to try and shift blame for their actions away from the empire before they were destroyed, so Surge is free to carry on as they established him, selling his creations and taking personal revenge throughout the galaxy as he sees fit, occasionally collaborating with the TEC as an outside perspective to maintain their modest support of his secretive operation.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:31 PM)Umbra Wrote: So I'm finally continuing to write that Sirius book...
Sirius is part of an organization of chaotic-good bounty hunters that only kill "those who deserve it" (I.e. mob bosses, drug lords, mass murderers, etc.) and spare those who are only thieves of circumstance (I.e. a poor man who steals from a museum to pay off a debt to the local mafia).

While working on a project despite the name having nothing to do with it, it ended up being called Destination Hell.  A sci-fy tabletop styled RPG.  Somehow the name stuck despite it being from before the tabletop was even a thing.  Try something overly basic and if not blunt, try sarcastic.  Alternately go with something off kilter.   Trial and Error.  Air Salesmen.    Something simple and meaningful without trying too hard. 

Or, just do what most people do.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/innocent

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/dispute?s=ts

Pick two words and find one that is correctly synonymous that sounds good together for each.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:31 PM)Umbra Wrote: So I'm finally continuing to write that Sirius book...

Ater Cor Venatores
Latin for "Black Heart Hunters" or "Hunters of Black Hearts". The black in this case, ater, specifcially refers to a dull black, and can also be poetically used to refer to maliciousness.

You people have really given me the impression that all of you either don't care that I'm here, or wish I wasn't.

In all honesty, why?

(06-02-2016, 07:45 PM)Rahizel Wrote: You people have really given me the impression that all of you either don't care that I'm here, or wish I wasn't.

In all honesty, why?
You're not special, nobody here is.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 06-02-2016

(06-02-2016, 07:58 PM)Surge Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:45 PM)Rahizel Wrote: You people have really given me the impression that all of you either don't care that I'm here, or wish I wasn't.

In all honesty, why?
You're not special, nobody here is.
Or alternatively, everybody here is special, but since everybody is special, nobody is.

(06-02-2016, 08:03 PM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:58 PM)Surge Wrote: You're not special, nobody here is.
Or alternatively, everybody here is special, but since everybody is special, nobody is.

Everyone is different in different ways such that two of the same person entirely does not exist, therefore no one is different because we are all different, for being the same would be a difference.