Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 12:48 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 12:45 AM)Segolia Wrote: I dunno why you'd admit to doxxing people.

I doubt you'd find anything much linking me to my actual personage, but there's some links around surely - mostly due to apathy rather than carelessness.
What's doxxing?

Is this not something everyone does?

Did I do a bad thing?

O.o
Doxxing is defined as acquiring and publishing the personal info of an internet user. In practice it usually consists of throwing the personal contact info of a controversial user and several people/groups close to them to a rabid mob of internet users, allowing them to harass said user directly, spread lies and slander to ruin their career and social life, and extend the harassment to their family and friends.
It can be incredibly and thoroughly vicious and there are very few places that won't ban you for it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 12:50 AM)Surge Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 12:48 AM)Rahizel Wrote: What's doxxing?

Did I do a bad thing?

O.o
Doxxing is defined as acquiring and publishing the personal info of an internet user. In practice it usually consists of throwing the personal contact info of a controversial user and several people/groups close to them to a rabid mob of internet users, allowing them to harass said user directly, spread lies and slander to ruin their career and social life, and extend the harassment to their family and friends.
I'm a bit sad that this doesn't shock me.

Sorry if I can be a bit of a creep, no information on how to interact with people sticks.

Maybe it's why I like npcs more than actual players in games.

Speaking of, heard talk of someone attempting to write netcode for of all things...

Fallout 4.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-12-2016

Now you can enjoy "hilarious" fatal physics bugs and shallow game mechanics with a friend?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 12:50 AM)Surge Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 12:48 AM)Rahizel Wrote: What's doxxing?

Did I do a bad thing?

O.o
It can be incredibly and thoroughly vicious and there are very few places that won't ban you for it.

Publishing isn't strictly part of doxxing - it's just one of the most typical reasons it is done.

I mean really it's just finding their personal info, or anything they intend to keep private (typically phone number, address, that kind of thing but could be something else). People dox for other reasons that don't involve publishing - such as blackmailing someone. Think of all those chatroulette type scams where a user convinces someone to get naked over cam, then finds their facebook and threatens to publish the photo if they don't send money. That's just as much doxxing, even if the personal info found is never published.

(06-12-2016, 12:57 AM)Segolia Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 12:50 AM)Surge Wrote: Doxxing is defined as acquiring and publishing the personal info of an internet user. In practice it usually consists of throwing the personal contact info of a controversial user and several people/groups close to them to a rabid mob of internet users, allowing them to harass said user directly, spread lies and slander to ruin their career and social life, and extend the harassment to their family and friends.

Publishing isn't strictly part of doxxing - it's just one of the most typical reasons it is done.

I mean really it's just finding their personal info, or anything they intend to keep private (typically phone number, address, that kind of thing but could be something else). People dox for other reasons that don't involve publishing - such as blackmailing someone. Think of all those chatroulette type scams where a user convinces someone to get naked over cam, then finds their facebook and threatens to publish the photo if they don't send money. That's just as much doxxing, even if the personal info found is never published.

On the contrary:
[Image: 98b281821316fb570441c5493fdd97b8.png]
[Image: 87f39a5b626c167617c6c43b52377718.png]
[Image: 79f95c34a795425f68b063616dc7feda.png]
I could probably find more, but so far you are the only person have I seen argue that doxxing does not have to involve the publication of the data.
bonus:
[Image: 2987a4ddd9601738cf8c88d4a5f18a31.png]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 12:54 AM)Surge Wrote: Now you can enjoy "hilarious" fatal physics bugs and shallow game mechanics with a friend?
Its rumors

Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-12-2016

Oh my gosh I saw a baby owlet!
[Image: 542b9ba2d08f2ecd5f081f6e395b208e.jpg]
Yeeeeeeee!

They're like my two favorite animals combined, cats and birds.

I might, MIGHT... have a major softspot for owls.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 06-12-2016

And back from vacation to cousin's graduation.

(06-12-2016, 04:19 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: And back from vacation to cousin's graduation.
Welcome back.

Unrelated note, I am not proud of how much this cost me.
[Image: 4e28da99a576bb63ceacaaf7aea17028.png]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 06-12-2016

Say, Surge, is Wildstar worth getting? It looks kind of fun, and I was thinking I might try it out sometime over the summer (if I have enough memory left on my computer, that is :v)...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-12-2016

just one match of Red Orchestra 2 and I'm already enjoying it more than Heroes and Generals, maybe I should also get Rising Storm if I could

Anyone hear the song?

https://youtu.be/LXkpWY5Y02Q

It's a rare artistic gem in a hoard of painted sharp edged stones.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 12:48 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Also in reality I only really looked into two.

I'll say that one seems to be addicted to commissioning art.
So wait, you said you looked at a few usernames, but now you've only looked at two?

...What?

(06-12-2016, 05:29 PM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 12:48 AM)Rahizel Wrote: Also in reality I only really looked into two.

I'll say that one seems to be addicted to commissioning art.
So wait, you said you looked at a few usernames, but now you've only looked at two?

...What?
Sorry I confused you then.

Maybe I should go...

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SilverOtter - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 05:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 05:29 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: So wait, you said you looked at a few usernames, but now you've only looked at two?

...What?
Sorry I confused you then.

Maybe I should go...
No, the inconsistency makes me worried.

Also, stop threatening leaving every time someone remotely criticizes you. It's getting annoying by this point.

(06-12-2016, 05:43 PM)SilverOtter Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 05:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: Sorry I confused you then.

Maybe I should go...
No, the inconsistency makes me worried.

Also, stop threatening leaving every time someone remotely criticizes you. It's getting annoying by this point.
I'm very stressed lately and this only adds to it that is why.

That and YOU personally have taught me that this is definitely no place to have visible emotions.

(06-12-2016, 05:44 PM)Rahizel Wrote: That and YOU personally have taught me that this is definitely no place to have visible emotions.
Honestly, I'm a terrible socalizer and should never be used as a baseline for anything.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Hetuni - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 03:46 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: just one match of Red Orchestra 2 and I'm already enjoying it more than Heroes and Generals, maybe I should also get Rising Storm if I could

Oh yes, Rising Storm is definitely worth it to grab, basically half of the community is on that end, and it just adds on, not taking anything out.
We'd have to play some time, that is, if you wanted to.

And on the topic of emotions that are going around, when you constantly complain and moan about them, perhaps you should go to a professional and talk to them instead of talking to people over the internet who have no obligation of any sort to help you, and perhaps not on a forum that's usually just shitposting and Surge talking about games that he won't actually say what they are, just posting screenshots and saying things that happened with absolutely no context.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 04:19 AM)Surge Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 04:19 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: And back from vacation to cousin's graduation.
Welcome back.

Thankee.

I could have done this so many times and I haven't, because I wish nothing bad upon anyone.  And I do not actually mean it.

"Rahizel, my favorite attention wormhole.  How's your oh so horrible life going.  Probably better than mine."

Such a statement probably instantly sets you into a stressed stubborn state.  And this redirects you to attempt refusing that it effected you at all.  Which would make it obvious that it did.  

You need to stop letting things eat at you.  Too many people refuse to accept that and I've watched them rot in front of me because of it.  It never goes well to take things so seriously.  So relax and realize that instead of glaring at words and an avatar on a computer screen, there's something called youtube, there are books to read, there are games to play, so many opportunities to release your stress that doesn't involve forcing other people to deal with your problems, we all have lives , we all have stress and problems to deal with.  I don't want you to leave, but I don't want you complaining about every little thing either. 

We don't need a punching bag, we need members.  It's up to you to choose where your intentions lie.  Not us.  We don't want to see some stressed person online.  We want to see someone who is having fun, doing things, enjoying your hobbies what they may be.  Not, whining about how bad your life is.  My hobbies are writing, reading, and video games, so I am here.

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone with this.  Most of all Rahizel, although I probably am.  And I'm sorry.  But I've already staved off saying something numerous times because all I could come up with was some ill willed drivel that would have done little good.  And I hope this does more good that bad.  But I'm not psychic.  I just study psychology and interactions.

(06-12-2016, 03:02 PM)Umbra Wrote: Say, Surge, is Wildstar worth getting? It looks kind of fun, and I was thinking I might try it out sometime over the summer (if I have enough memory left on my computer, that is :v)...
Wildstar is very colorful and has a pronounced sense of humour that will turn away as many people as it endears. I've seen it described as a "Saturday morning MMO" but it DOES know when it can and can't get away with these jokes usually. The content is varied but like most MMOs the bread and butter questing is the weakest link here, the game offers you plenty of carrots to chase after if creativity is your thing with great systems for house building and costume building, PvE functionality is best in class with even dungeons that offer a similar level of challenge and excitement as other games' raids, and as much as the story tends to get the back seat it is fleshed out and original.
Combat itself is very skill based and fast paced, as opposed to selecting targets and mashing buttons as numbers rise you are expected to constantly move, watching the telegraphs for everyone's abilities and ensure you are in the best possible position at any moment, as the spot you were standing in a moment ago can be struck by magical lightning or something on very short notice.
The game is free to play and with 4,000 some players now is the best time to play and decide if you like it and what you want to do with it, personally I like to collect cosmetic items for my characters and play PvE instances, some join guilds and do raids, some just build fantastical houses, there is even an active RP community.