Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 03:47 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: -ceiling-cario-

*whacks kC down from the ceiling*
no, bad kC

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 06-17-2016

Mmm... company lunch, smoked chicken with macaroni salad and brownies.

Prepared in the company's own meat smoker out back in the parking lot, and fed locally grown hickory from the foreman's woods.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - kawaiiChiimera - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 04:13 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Mmm... company lunch, smoked chicken with macaroni salad and brownies.

Prepared in the company's own meat smoker out back in the parking lot, and fed locally grown hickory from the foreman's woods.
Or you can just have a whole cake to yourself. [Image: KBh8t0j.gif]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 04:13 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Mmm... company lunch, smoked chicken with macaroni salad and brownies.

meanwhile I just had coconut jam(kaya) buns that was brought from a petrol station for lunch and home meals is mostly veggies,
the good news is that 11 more days then I;'m free again

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Umbra - 06-17-2016

So far all I've had today is an unfulfilling maple donut and two little packets of "sour" fruit snacks.
It's really cool how your workplace has a smoker out back, though, Odin.

[Image: 96e.jpg]
now someone should mod power armor and frame into skyrim and have this

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 06-17-2016

[Image: 8k0bWfd.png]

(06-17-2016, 06:34 PM)Reks Wrote: -Reks arts-

manga studio ex eh? so how was it? also nice inprogress art, cant wait till it's finished

also best news head line: "truck carrying deli meats collide with truck carrying bread, no injuries"

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-17-2016

[Image: rSUie3Z.png]
SS13 through the years.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 04:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: So far all I've had today is an unfulfilling maple donut and two little packets of "sour" fruit snacks.

It was built here, and its usually stoked up with firewood from the boss's backyard.

A number of years ago we had built a machine for a customer that was supposed to warm up natural gas coming from a well so that it could be passed through a filter for removing water and grit without it icing up. But the design was flawed- there wasn't nearly enough heating surface, so it was sent back and abandoned in our field with the other scrap metal.

Earlier this year we decided to clean up that scrap metal, and the boss decided that the tank of the heat exchanger was big enough to be turned into the body of a meat smoker. So we removed everything from the skid it was built on except the shell of the heat exchanger, which became the body of the smoker. Then we added a firebox suitable for burning wood, and a chimney on the other end. And now its a nice party-sized meat smoker, capable of cooking enough meat in one go to feed 20 hungry men.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 10:42 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 04:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: So far all I've had today is an unfulfilling maple donut and two little packets of "sour" fruit snacks.

It was built here, and its usually stoked up with firewood from the boss's backyard.

A number of years ago we had built a machine for a customer that was supposed to warm up natural gas coming from a well so that it could be passed through a filter for removing water and grit without it icing up. But the design was flawed- there wasn't nearly enough heating surface, so it was sent back and abandoned in our field with the other scrap metal.

Earlier this year we decided to clean up that scrap metal, and the boss decided that the tank of the heat exchanger was big enough to be turned into the body of a meat smoker. So we removed everything from the skid it was built on except the shell of the heat exchanger, which became the body of the smoker. Then we added a firebox suitable for burning wood, and a chimney on the other end. And now its a nice party-sized meat smoker, capable of cooking enough meat in one go to feed 20 hungry men.

Oh hell yeah meeeeeat!

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 06-17-2016

Oatmeal pie and broccoli in cheese sauce. Can't complain. Wasn't even able to eat yesterday.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-18-2016

I should set up a standardized low water mark for my days.

"I've been in the starcraft 2 arcade for the past half hour waiting for something I will probably lose at to pop up...what am I doing with my life"

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Comito - 06-18-2016

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-18-2016

[Image: fa4.jpg]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 06-18-2016

[insert gif of someone sighing exasperatedly]
MFW my very old suggestion is glossed over by people complaining about the new thing it's retroactively fixing.
MFW I put a lot of thought and time into my suggestion which would basically be a good thing for both sides of an argument, but is ignored for over half a year while a bunch of useless stuff or what is essentially reposts of popular ideas get a bunch of attention.
MFW I realize I shouldn't bother with suggesting things because I get my hopes up every time just to realize nobody gives half a flying fork on friday.
MFW I desperately post about my suggestion again hoping to make people see it and realize it would make everyone at least partially happy compared to the extremes before but fully expect for it to once again be ignored.
MFW my expectations are so low that even with modding my relatively simple idea will be impossible to mod into the game due to hardcoded crap.

...Sometimes I wish I could just shut off the ideas part of my mind for a little while. Stop coming up with ideas and realizing nobody but me cares about them, and that none of them will probably ever come to fruition in any meaningful way.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-18-2016

Ain't "I fucking TOLD YOU SO" moments grand? My favorite part is how some people are more likely to disagree with or ignore you afterwards simply because you were ultimately right.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 06-18-2016

God I love Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-18-2016

random idea of the day:
battleship/stardestroyer sized mechs(like the ones in macross original and the frontier ones) for space and land battles

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 06-18-2016

(06-17-2016, 06:40 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 06:34 PM)Reks Wrote: -Reks arts-

manga studio ex eh? so how was it? also nice inprogress art, cant wait till it's finished

also best news head line: "truck carrying deli meats collide with truck carrying bread, no injuries"

It's really good for lineart, and it's capacity for color is pretty good, too.