Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - OdinYggd - 06-21-2016

I've been thinking about setting up a Factorio server, actually.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 04:29 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: I've been thinking about setting up a Factorio server, actually.
I might try the game

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-21-2016

I'm not exactly sure what am i doing
[Image: F1AB6A26EECAB41411380EE2A649A6B1D6A27313]
but a mock up of this
[Image: Cd6faRRVAAAKyrV.jpg]
and yes those pods on the wing tips are drones which with a few file modding I can reuse the S_210B's model turn it into a gun or maybe even a missile drone to be used in vector thrust

Note: the S_210B in the prototype model for the Saab J-35 Draken

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 06-21-2016

[Image: ceb.jpg]
I'm laughing way too hard at this image

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 04:29 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: I've been thinking about setting up a Factorio server, actually.

Beware of poor networking.

I Refuse to agree to the no exploiting because hoiking is fun.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-22-2016

>get up to make dinner
>cat begs and pleads to be fed
>get a can of food for him
>absent mindedly dump half of it in his water dish
>realize what I've done
.....I am not a smart man.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 12:39 AM)Surge Wrote: >get up to make dinner
>realize what I've done
I'm sure that's an improvement on the food though.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 06-22-2016

That would be good.

(06-22-2016, 12:39 AM)Surge Wrote: >get up to make dinner
>realize what I've done

Better than going to fill their water, tossing the dregs of the last bowl into the garden, and somehow managing to soak my cat while it's halfway up a tree.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 12:19 PM)achroma Wrote: I purpose we start a terraria server for the people of the nexus!
Anyone intrested or questions?
I'd be interested, but last time we tried that there was drama.
Specifically, people advanced the world too fast and nobody could catch up because of it.
And I think there was the whole loot-divying issue. On a Large World that wouldn't be a problem, or if just a small number of people joined.

I would propose the following rules:
-Share everything but coins.
-Try to keep class numbers sort of even. Helps with weapon/accessory divying.
-Need consensus of a high-majority to send the world to the next stage (hardmode, post-plantera)
-Need consensus of all on the server at the time to initiate events (Moon Events, Lunar Pillars, etc.)
-Only new characters as the "primary" characters on the server. You can bring in vanity and dye stuff if you want, but asides from that, try to keep it at the start.
-Fine print: If there is an Arkhalis in the world, I get it. *Whistles innocently*

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Reks - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 03:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 12:19 PM)achroma Wrote: I purpose we start a terraria server for the people of the nexus!
Anyone intrested or questions?
I'd be interested, but last time we tried that there was drama.
Specifically, people advanced the world too fast and nobody could catch up because of it.
And I think there was the whole loot-divying issue. On a Large World that wouldn't be a problem, or if just a small number of people joined.

-Need consensus of a high-majority to send the world to the next stage (hardmode, post-plantera)
-Need consensus of all on the server at the time to initiate events (Moon Events, Lunar Pillars, etc.)
-Only new characters as the "primary" characters on the server. You can bring in vanity and dye stuff if you want, but asides from that, try to keep it at the start.
-Fine print: If there is an Arkhalis in the world, I get it. *Whistles innocently*

Well, lemme rephrase what I meantin my last post.

Say, you make advancements a weekly thing, like

Week one: start out, give everyone time to play and get as many things as they can before a scheduled battle with the WoF takes place.

Week 2 (&3?): let people adjust to Hardmode and be wary of summoning the mechanical bosses. Like the Wall, Plantera would be scheduled.

I'd actually love to join, but my internet prevents actual gameplay, so if I joined I'd be limited to building for whomever is on the server. Not that I'd mind, but it's up to others because I'd need item spawning rights for quicker construction.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 06-22-2016

Part of me wonders how people are still not absolutely sick of terraria forever.

I haven't even played it that much compared to some but after getting several characters to endgame it's just... idk, there's only so much to do in it.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 05:15 AM)Reks Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I'd be interested, but last time we tried that there was drama.

Well, lemme rephrase what I meantin my last post.

Say, you make advancements a weekly thing, like

Week one: start out, give everyone time to play and get as many things as they can before a scheduled battle with the WoF takes place.

Week 2 (&3?): let people adjust to Hardmode and be wary of summoning the mechanical bosses. Like the Wall, Plantera would be scheduled.

I'd actually love to join, but my internet prevents actual gameplay, so if I joined I'd be limited to building for whomever is on the server. Not that I'd mind, but it's up to others because I'd need item spawning rights for quicker construction.
Sad wish I could help but alas.
And yeah that seems like it'd be a good plan for the schedule.

(06-22-2016, 05:38 AM)Segolia Wrote: Part of me wonders how people are still not absolutely sick of terraria forever.

I haven't even played it that much compared to some but after getting several characters to endgame it's just... idk, there's only so much to do in it.
I'm not entirely sure what keeps me coming back to it. I'm not a big challenge guy (i.e. no wings, no arenas, all bosses with early armor, etc.) my building leaves much to be desired and I don't have the patience for it, I find the endgame stuff to be increasingly uninteresting, and I wish there was more variety throughout the game.
But for some reason I keep playing it, and enjoying it. I can't pin exactly why. I mean, it does have replayability - certainly more than some other sandbox games COUGHminecraftCOUGH - but still. Perhaps it's the exploration in a new world? I notice in the late-game when exploration dies down I start getting bored faster. Hm.
-shrug-

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 06-22-2016

[Image: aRy4orD.jpg]
I...wha...holy shit.
This guy managed to somehow pick up an entire space station and cram it inside a freighter. The kind of freighter made to dock with those sort of stations.

(06-22-2016, 07:04 AM)Surge Wrote: [Image: aRy4orD.jpg]
I...wha...holy shit.
This guy managed to somehow pick up an entire space station and cram it inside a freighter. The kind of freighter made to dock with those sort of stations.

Welp, his freighter is clearly a TARDIS. Prepare for temporal shennanigans.

(06-22-2016, 07:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
I...wha...holy shit.

Welp, his freighter is clearly a TARDIS. Prepare for temporal shennanigans.
No the freighter is normal sized, what he did is shrink a space station down to 20,000 cubic meters somehow.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - roguephoenix64 - 06-22-2016

I...wha...holy shit.

Game?

Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - UnamusedAvali - 06-22-2016

(06-22-2016, 08:16 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote:
I...wha...holy shit.

Game?

Minesweeper

(06-22-2016, 08:10 AM)Surge Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 07:32 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Welp, his freighter is clearly a TARDIS. Prepare for temporal shennanigans.
No the freighter is normal sized, what he did is shrink a space station down to 20,000 cubic meters somehow.

Hrm... Welp, I've got nothing.

(06-22-2016, 08:16 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote:
I...wha...holy shit.

Game?
EVE Online.

(06-22-2016, 08:17 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 08:16 AM)roguephoenix64 Wrote: Game?

Minesweeper

Well played.