Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... (/showthread.php?tid=82)

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 03:51 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ack! I just realized I didn't have GWX Control Panel on my Laptop! Remedied that now.
Hell even Verifone is getting disgruntled with GWX.

That's the company that makes credit card readers, just imagine what it could do.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-03-2016

Alright, who opened the gates to hell? These claws can rip an tear organs out but I dont want to have any blood stains on me.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Flarezerker - 07-03-2016

So I'm sitting here, playing XCOM2, all fine and dandy, suddenly a UFO Dark Event spawns one right next to me, shoots me down, and I'm trying to deal with a fuckton of Vipers and ADVENT infantry, on top of two Berserkers, a MEC, an Advanced MEC, and a Viper King. All I have is eight footsoldiers and one SPARK, and nothing past Kevlar and conventional weaponry. RIP XCom Project.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Rahizel - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 04:41 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: So I'm sitting here, playing XCOM2, all fine and dandy, suddenly a UFO Dark Event spawns one right next to me, shoots me down, and I'm trying to deal with a fuckton of Vipers and ADVENT infantry, on top of two Berserkers, a MEC, an Advanced MEC, and a Viper King. All I have is eight footsoldiers and one SPARK, and nothing past Kevlar and conventional weaponry. RIP XCom Project.
Nobody said that the odds were in your favor.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Flarezerker - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 04:45 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 04:41 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: So I'm sitting here, playing XCOM2, all fine and dandy, suddenly a UFO Dark Event spawns one right next to me, shoots me down, and I'm trying to deal with a fuckton of Vipers and ADVENT infantry, on top of two Berserkers, a MEC, an Advanced MEC, and a Viper King. All I have is eight footsoldiers and one SPARK, and nothing past Kevlar and conventional weaponry. RIP XCom Project.
Nobody said that the odds were in your favor.

I never expected them to be, which is why I'm camping out whilst I send a low-ranking Assault out to the destruction objective with his cloak so I can just Squadsight for days.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - SCN-3_NULL - 07-03-2016

https://www.tumblr.com/video/goopygoodra/146815227308/500/
oh my god, what is this, I want one of this

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Shaadaris - 07-03-2016

Argh!
>Bought The Secret World after trying the trial (turns out it DID have one) because it was on sale and I was enjoying it.
>Came with free 30 day membership, which is basically premium stuff
>Played a couple days
>Now at Dad's for probably a week or so
>Need to install it on my Laptop
>About 20-40 MB short of minimum VRAM requirements
>Never stopped me before
>Download game
>Download fails
>Try again
>It works
>Run installer
>Goes fine
>Goes to update DirectX
>Update fails
>Turns out I need to update my computer and probably my drivers
>Go to Windows Update
>Start only the important updates
>[Image: latest?cb=20150405010933]
>Hasn't even started downloading, much less installing. 0KB Downloaded, 0% complete.
>ಠ_ಠ
>Windows Update is either very VERY slow, or completely nonfunctional

The world really wants me to waste a large portion of my one-time-only premium membership (because I'm almost certainly not going to spend money on that!) Arghhh... This day has been a barrel of annoyances.

(07-03-2016, 05:35 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Argh!
>Bought The Secret World after trying the trial (turns out it DID have one) because it was on sale and I was enjoying it.
>Came with free 30 day membership, which is basically premium stuff
>Played a couple days
>Now at Dad's for probably a week or so
>Need to install it on my Laptop
>About 20-40 MB short of minimum VRAM requirements
>Never stopped me before
>Download game
>Download fails
>Try again
>It works
>Run installer
>Goes fine
>Goes to update DirectX
>Update fails
>Turns out I need to update my computer and probably my drivers
>Go to Windows Update
>Start only the important updates
>[Image: latest?cb=20150405010933]
>Hasn't even started downloading, much less installing. 0KB Downloaded, 0% complete.
>ಠ_ಠ
>Windows Update is either very VERY slow, or completely nonfunctional

The world really wants me to waste a large portion of my one-time-only premium membership (because I'm almost certainly not going to spend money on that!) Arghhh... This day has been a barrel of annoyances.
Poor sap.

Speaking of games, do any of you know of a sidescroller with character customization (I.e choosing armor and weapons, different abilities, etc, etc.) that also isn't a roguelike?

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Segolia - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 05:47 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: Speaking of games, do any of you know of a sidescroller with character customization (I.e choosing armor and weapons, different abilities, etc, etc.) that also isn't a roguelike?
Mercenary Kings maybe?

(07-03-2016, 05:52 AM)Segolia Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 05:47 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: Speaking of games, do any of you know of a sidescroller with character customization (I.e choosing armor and weapons, different abilities, etc, etc.) that also isn't a roguelike?
Mercenary Kings maybe?

I already own it, but yeah, something along those lines, where you get to mix and match different parts. Any system is fine, I can run an emulator if I absolutely need to.

Totally not going to say starbound because it's too obvious.

Just to clarify, when I say roguelike I mean the permadeath aspect in particular. I'm not a fan of spending twenty hours getting the right setup and then dying because I didn't pray to RNGesus long enough.

(07-03-2016, 05:59 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: Just to clarify, when I say roguelike I mean the permadeath aspect in particular. I'm not a fan of spending twenty hours getting the right setup and then dying because I didn't pray to RNGesus long enough.
Well that's part of the fun, at least sometimes.

Wait, why the fuck are you playing Xcom 2 if you hate permadeath?

(07-03-2016, 06:04 AM)Rahizel Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 05:59 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: Just to clarify, when I say roguelike I mean the permadeath aspect in particular. I'm not a fan of spending twenty hours getting the right setup and then dying because I didn't pray to RNGesus long enough.
Well that's part of the fun, at least sometimes.

Wait, why the fuck are you playing Xcom 2 if you hate permadeath?

Because when it comes to XCOM I don't lose all my research, supplies, and so on and so forth. I just lose that one soldier, and although that sucks, I can always quickly train another rookie to fill their spot. I wouldn't play XCOM if when I lost a soldier I lost all my progress in the campaign.

[Image: tumblr_o9l6neQlvV1uflnsqo1_400.png]
GUYS, LOOKIE!!
[Image: 505.jpg_large]

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-03-2016

Try the my-pet protector or Arkandia flash games.  Or strike Force Heroes.

There's shovel knight but I don't know much about that.   There's also Acquaria which is underwater metroidvania.  The equipment side of things is hard to get in with sidescrollers.

(?)=might be something missing from your preferences.

Serious Sam Double-D XXL, Steamworld Dig, teslagrad(?), Deadlight(?), Stick it to the man(?), Waking Mars(?), Gunpoint.  And that's all I have for you.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-03-2016

Continuing today's anti-material Arma adventures. I learned that 12.7mm APDS rounds suffer virtually no bullet drop, stuck a huge scope on my rifle, and wiped out entire squads from 3-400+ meters out. We also flew an Alligator attack chopper, and drove an Abrams, making a hilarious faff out of both ordeals.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Lost Rinoah - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 07:25 AM)Surge Wrote: Continuing today's anti-material Arma adventures. I learned that 12.7mm APDS rounds suffer virtually no bullet drop, stuck a huge scope on my rifle, and wiped out entire squads from 3-400+ meters out. We also flew an Alligator attack chopper, and drove an Abrams, making a hilarious faff out of both ordeals.

Advanced Sniper scopes in arma auto-adjust for bullet drop for you as long as you have their sighting set for the correct range.  Unless they made it even easier and it just auto adjusts now.    Either way, they do have bullet drop, but they also have an effective projectile range of 1.5 miles against infantry targets.  12.7mm is exactly half an inch which is why it's often also called a .50 cal.

RE: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago... - Surge - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 07:32 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 07:25 AM)Surge Wrote: Continuing today's anti-material Arma adventures. I learned that 12.7mm APDS rounds suffer virtually no bullet drop, stuck a huge scope on my rifle, and wiped out entire squads from 3-400+ meters out. We also flew an Alligator attack chopper, and drove an Abrams, making a hilarious faff out of both ordeals.

Advanced Sniper scopes in arma auto-adjust for bullet drop for you as long as you have their sighting set for the correct range.  Unless they made it even easier and it just auto adjusts now.    Either way, they do have bullet drop, but they also have an effective projectile range of 1.5 miles against infantry targets.  12.7mm is exactly half an inch which is why it's often also called a .50 cal.
Actually the difference in bullet drop between the 12.7mm and 12.7mm APDS was noticeable. I was dialing my standard shots at 2-300m down to the first notch, APDS hit right on the money though. Maybe it's because I was using the ARCO instead of a proper scope.