Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-06-2016, 05:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 05:11 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Made a request some time ago on the CF forums thread for requests and such

It's been a while, so I didn't expect this at all

Snip

oWo
Requestarts are neat.
Although I notice you appear to be missing feet. Might want to get a doctor to look at that.

On closer inspection it looks like the art was just cut off at the mid-calf cause the artist said they don't really draw anthro-furry stuff
(07-06-2016, 07:25 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]the artist said they don't really draw anthro-furry stuff
That makes sense. The face is too human-like to be proper anthro, and the rest of the features seem pasted over rather than merged with the body.
(07-06-2016, 07:25 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 05:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]oWo
Requestarts are neat.
Although I notice you appear to be missing feet. Might want to get a doctor to look at that.

On closer inspection it looks like the art was just cut off at the mid-calf cause the artist said they don't really draw anthro-furry stuff
Wait, what? There are non-furry artists left?! Egad!
[/joke]

(07-06-2016, 07:39 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 07:25 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]the artist said they don't really draw anthro-furry stuff
That makes sense. The face is too human-like to be proper anthro, and the rest of the features seem pasted over rather than merged with the body.

...Well now that you point it out that is noticable.
It's weird. I guess it's since I'm by no definition an artist, but I find it odd that a lot of artists have trouble adapting between furry and... uh... humanish? art, no matter which of the two they mostly do. I can understand it being difficult at first, but a lot seem to stay completely focused on one or the other.
I've had to deal with two of those fricking robots at once with only ballistics before in Xcom 2. Grenades are your friend. I almost lost someone but thanks to using my gremlin to boost their defense they survived with one health and the rookie only had gone into bleedout so I managed to stabilise them. Grenade spam and a max rank sniper. Hooray for firing a pistol like six times in one turn after breaking it's armor and blowing up the resource caches next to it, which blew up spectacularily enough to pop most all of their armor.
(07-06-2016, 09:08 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I've had to deal with two of those fricking robots at once with only ballistics before in Xcom 2.  Grenades are your friend.  I almost lost someone but thanks to using my gremlin to boost their defense they survived with one health and the rookie only had gone into bleedout so I managed to stabilise them.  Grenade spam and a max rank sniper.  Hooray for firing a pistol like six times in one turn after breaking it's armor and blowing up the resource caches next to it, which blew up spectacularily enough to pop most all of their armor.

I'm trying to figure out how you were able to fan-fire a sectopod but weren't able to put up any mag weapons? Were you on a serious downward spiral or just neglecting your research?
pop quiz
[Image: DF45DDCC697198610D785C2F1A7AF65C7E0333B9]
does this thing fly?
(07-06-2016, 09:27 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 09:08 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I've had to deal with two of those fricking robots at once with only ballistics before in Xcom 2.  Grenades are your friend.  I almost lost someone but thanks to using my gremlin to boost their defense they survived with one health and the rookie only had gone into bleedout so I managed to stabilise them.  Grenade spam and a max rank sniper.  Hooray for firing a pistol like six times in one turn after breaking it's armor and blowing up the resource caches next to it, which blew up spectacularily enough to pop most all of their armor.

I'm trying to figure out how you were able to fan-fire a sectopod but weren't able to put up any mag weapons? Were you on a serious downward spiral or just neglecting your research?

I kinda didn't know how the game worked yet as far as working on the ship, and only had one research guy and engineer for the longest time.  So I still had three days to get my first weapon upgrade.  And my sniper hadn't gotten shot a single time so he was in almost every mission.  took me too long to figure it out too.
(07-06-2016, 09:33 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]pop quiz
Snip
does this thing fly?

Probably... Unfortunately.
Edit: Assuming there's fuel somewhere hidden on it.
Edit: And probably not for long. It looks like it would be a tad unstable. That's coming from someone with no aviation knowledge other than "these things can move in the air usually, except when they don't."
(07-06-2016, 10:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 09:33 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]pop quiz
Snip
does this thing fly?

Probably... Unfortunately.
Edit: Assuming there's fuel somewhere hidden on it.
Edit: And probably not for long. It looks like it would be a tad unstable. That's coming from someone with no aviation knowledge other than "these things can move in the air usually, except when they don't."
it's does!
[Image: BF76863FFDD2A54BCAD44F94CBB14EF9509A9929]
stable enough to land it too
[Image: 16AE5C0124C035B7C21CCE77E1ECC5DB52B3C643]
it does handle like a bus though and the fuel tank is on of the nose cone shaped adapter with 80 fuel in it.(fun fact, I just did a cartwheel slow enough that it didnt break anything on this landing)
(07-06-2016, 08:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 07:25 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]On closer inspection it looks like the art was just cut off at the mid-calf cause the artist said they don't really draw anthro-furry stuff
Wait, what? There are non-furry artists left?! Egad!
[/joke]

(07-06-2016, 07:39 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]That makes sense. The face is too human-like to be proper anthro, and the rest of the features seem pasted over rather than merged with the body.

...Well now that you point it out that is noticable.
It's weird. I guess it's since I'm by no definition an artist, but I find it odd that a lot of artists have trouble adapting between furry and... uh... humanish? art, no matter which of the two they mostly do. I can understand it being difficult at first, but a lot seem to stay completely focused on one or the other.

Humans are difficult because of the weird contours of the face that I don't have to worry about as much when drawing something anthro

Plus, my mental visualization of humans is far more realistic than my skill level right now, so I don't even try and practice until I have at least anatomical consistancy
[Image: lUSe9tc.gif]
MRW Pharah bitches about how bad of a pick Bastion is on offense.
My offensive Torbjorn wound up winning.
Really wish spoilers made on the site would work for tapatalk because ones for tapatalk work there.

On tapatalk some spoilers show as a link.

@Ehksidian your implementation of the tapatalk api needs work, any idea what's wrong with spoilers?

(07-05-2016, 10:22 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Going to start an Xcom 2 playthrough, with alien hunter on.

I'm gonna have a bad time...
Jane Kelly confirmed badass, and bad times are being had.
jeese, now MEGA having this quota BS thing now I cant download anything from there, it just stops at 65% of a 110MB file
[Image: 5278abe575eb52657e11b6c3adee1c1c.jpg]
3d printed fake candles.

Price for just one? 75 cents.

Making 10? 45.

I can beat the man without bulk production!
[Image: 361.png]
I mean, there's a darth jar-jar style fan theory that Mercy is/was some sort of mole sabotaging/spying on overwatch from the inside. So in a way they're both psychopathic.
(07-06-2016, 04:45 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, there's a darth jar-jar style fan theory that Mercy is/was some sort of mole sabotaging/spying on overwatch from the inside. So in a way they're both psychopathic.

atleast TF2's medic symptoms show with the constant experimentation on the mercs, also being the post nazi scientist german
(07-06-2016, 01:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Really wish spoilers made on the site would work for tapatalk because ones for tapatalk work there.

@Ehksidian your implementation of the tapatalk api needs work, any idea what's wrong with spoilers?

(07-05-2016, 10:22 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Going to start an Xcom 2 playthrough, with alien hunter on.

I'm gonna have a bad time...

i don't use tapatalk, have no idea how tapatalk works, have no idea how to work on the spoiler function, nor any idea on how to do anything regarding programming.
so no
i have no idea and there's nothing i can do to fix it.
(07-06-2016, 05:05 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 01:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Really wish spoilers made on the site would work for tapatalk because ones for tapatalk work there.

i don't use tapatalk, have no idea how tapatalk works, have no idea how to work on the spoiler function, nor any idea on how to do anything regarding programming.
so no
i have no idea and there's nothing i can do to fix it.
I'mnot sure, can you remove the tap talk addon or atleast just the ad/pop up? it's been bugging me whenever I visit the nexus on a mobile browser than the app.