Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-17-2016, 01:50 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile Black Lives Matter still insists that climate change is a racist phenomenon.

...What.
What.
Wot.
Please, please oh please tell me this is a joke.
There is literally no possible correlation between the two. That's like saying gravity is racist against mexicans.
(I mean, it's clearly racists against anyone not in australia, because the australians don't fall off the planet despite being upside down.)
(09-17-2016, 03:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2016, 01:50 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile Black Lives Matter still insists that climate change is a racist phenomenon.

...What.
What.
Wot.
There is literally no possible correlation between the two. That's like saying gravity is racist against mexicans.
(I mean, it's clearly racists against anyone not in australia, because the australians don't fall off the planet despite being upside down.)

SJW's Aren't known for their intellagence
(09-17-2016, 04:22 AM)dancool57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2016, 03:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]...What.
What.
Wot.

SJW's Aren't known for their intellagence

they need to stop being morans
strange, did they removed the daily rewards for armored warfare?

3rd tought, Armored warfare cant run anymore
>shitposting on discord
>mod tells me "take it to PMs"
lolwat
IF I INVITE EVERYONE TO PMS THEN WHAT HAS CHANGED HERE?
(09-18-2016, 03:45 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]>shitposting on discord
>mod tells me "take it to PMs"
lolwat
IF I INVITE EVERYONE TO PMS THEN WHAT HAS CHANGED HERE?

Easy: You don't have to invite the mod too.

this might implode shaad
(09-17-2016, 03:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

...What.
What.
Wot.
They say it's because airports are built in city centers and all the cars, which is just exactly where they're gonna be either way, and many 3rd world countries are low lying nations, and lots of minorities live in cities.

NATURE IS INDISCRIMINATE!
Dischord sucks anyway. You might as well have reinvented Skype.

Rahizel Wrote:       

Shaadaris Wrote:       ...What.
       What.
       Wot.

They say it's because airports are built in city centers and all the cars, which is just exactly where they're gonna be either way, and many 3rd world countries are low lying nations, and lots of minorities live in cities.

...That's actually not as much of a stretch as you'd think.

Typically airports are indeed landlocked by suburban growth around them. The area right near the airport is undesireable property because of the noise from the airport itself and from the traffic going to and from it. Any land that isn't occupied by businesses near an airport is usually used to build houses- or at least houses that were there before the airport formed remain in use until plowed under to make businesses.

People living on a low income in such towns often end up living near said airport because the undesireability caused by the noise makes housing there cheaper. Which ends up putting more minorities near the airport where it is noisy and polluted than in other parts of the city where things are calmer and quieter.

But the only connection any of that has to Climate Change is the formation of local hotspots by the abundance of paved roads and parking lots. These create isolated local hotspots a few degrees higher than the surrounding countryside, and happen anywhere that fields and forests have given way to civilization. Rich people can afford to build their houses in the forest or out in the open field to stay cooler, while poor people are stuck surrounded by neighbors and stores.

Local Hotspots are not really climate change though, as the phenomena driving them is fairly well understood and could theoretically be reversed by removing the pavement from the area.
[Image: qb6QdwB.png]
More drama over the old redditfurs discord, good stuff.
(09-18-2016, 11:59 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: qb6QdwB.png]
Meanwhile in the Avali Triage discord, instead of trying to fight the daily drama the place has evolved to accept it, even having a special chat room just for letting arguments play out with a mediator.
(09-19-2016, 11:37 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2016, 11:59 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: qb6QdwB.png]
Meanwhile in the Avali Triage discord, instead of trying to fight the daily drama the place has evolved to accept it, even having a special chat room just for letting arguments play out with a mediator.
Unfortunately, redditfurs doesn't have issues with interpersonal friction, it has issues with admin abuse.
(09-18-2016, 02:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Dischord sucks anyway. You might as well have reinvented Skype.
Is that a bad thing?
(09-18-2016, 02:48 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Dischord sucks anyway. You might as well have reinvented Skype.

Rahizel Wrote:       

...That's actually not as much of a stretch as you'd think.

Typically airports are indeed landlocked by suburban growth around them. The area right near the airport is undesireable property because of the noise from the airport itself and from the traffic going to and from it. Any land that isn't occupied by businesses near an airport is usually used to build houses- or at least houses that were there before the airport formed remain in use until plowed under to make businesses.

People living on a low income in such towns often end up living near said airport because the undesireability caused by the noise makes housing there cheaper. Which ends up putting more minorities near the airport where it is noisy and polluted than in other parts of the city where things are calmer and quieter.

But the only connection any of that has to Climate Change is the formation of local hotspots by the abundance of paved roads and parking lots. These create isolated local hotspots a few degrees higher than the surrounding countryside, and happen anywhere that fields and forests have given way to civilization. Rich people can afford to build their houses in the forest or out in the open field to stay cooler, while poor people are stuck surrounded by neighbors and stores.

Local Hotspots are not really climate change though, as the phenomena driving them is fairly well understood and could theoretically be reversed by removing the pavement from the area.
Heeey I am enjoying discord! Things have been running very smoothly and I'm very happy to be a part of the mess of organized chaos and... lots of hugs and booping that overwhelms even me.
(09-19-2016, 07:36 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]
Is that a bad thing?
Valid point.
So I've been playing more Borderlands 2. I've switched over to Zer0 considering the Mechromancer cannot solo to save her life, and so far all had been well, considering I've already surpassed my original character in plot missions.

Best event so far was a psycho doing their "big laugh" line going "Hahahahaha" all over the place, I headshot them, interrupting the line, and Zer0 simply finishes with, "Heehee".

Too bad I can't see the emotes on the helm ever.
[Image: 2977db47e043b65cecd0edc20c1fee26.png]
[Image: cbKVJFn.gif]
(09-20-2016, 05:35 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 2977db47e043b65cecd0edc20c1fee26.png]

I have no idea how feasible any of this is, but even if it isn't, it sounds reasonable enough.
Technobabble +1. Level up.
(09-20-2016, 05:54 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2016, 05:35 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 2977db47e043b65cecd0edc20c1fee26.png]

I have no idea how feasible any of this is, but even if it isn't, it sounds reasonable enough.
Technobabble +1. Level up.
On a scale of feasible to horseshit it is definitely a 4 or something
Long as I can convince the average person though I am satisfied.
(09-20-2016, 05:21 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been playing more Borderlands 2. I've switched over to Zer0 considering the Mechromancer cannot solo to save her life, and so far all had been well, considering I've already surpassed my original character in plot missions.

Best event so far was a psycho doing their "big laugh" line going "Hahahahaha" all over the place, I headshot them, interrupting the line, and Zer0 simply finishes with, "Heehee".

Too bad I can't see the emotes on the helm ever.

Gaige can solo? It's trickier, though.

Afterthought Edit: I mean, I did on all difficulties, though I focused on LittleBigTrouble, which is all about AoE damage and shit, so...
I convinced the GM of the Black Crusade campaign I'm a part of that I could wreath someone's arm in plasma and have it not kill them, it worked, and now our master duelist Nightlords Spess Muhrine with a power-sword for an arm has a Plasma-Power-Sword for an arm.

Next is finding a way to make Imperium plasma weapons safe and using magnets to create a plasma engine for our friendly neighborhood squat's motorbike.