Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-08-2016, 12:18 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2016, 04:44 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Why'd you waste your money on college?

The only degrees they offer to actually be worthwhile are doctors and lawyers. Everything else, its just a worthless scrap of paper to trick some idiotic human resources manager into giving you the worst kinds of overworked and underpaid jobs imaginable. You can get a much better job by bringing a portfolio of what you've accomplished in your field, and skipping the frustration and debt of college.
Hence why I'm going to technical school for Computer Systems and Information Technology.

I'm very fortunate to have 100% financial aid due to qualifying for a program known as Vocational Rehab, and the school has classes 7 to 12:15 Monday through Friday.

No homework though!

This is the smart move. Trade school is the way to go, since they actually teach you useful skills while colleges have become merely glorified high schools teaching the same useless test taking skills and trivial facts.

Unless you are 100% certain of what you want to be and have chosen something that requires college, trade school all the way. These really will help you get a decent job making an honest living, at something you are passionate about doing.

And at a fraction of the price tag compared to attending college too.
relevant
[Image: 75a.png]
The following is a much more reasonable and accurate depiction of a Marxmallow in its natural habitat:
[Image: a1c0b5c063878855a4c0cf7143a29196.jpg]
Just a pudgy thing as intended, wanted something that a person could actually lift up and hold not, as Ryuujin put it "anatomy breaking" and I hope that is no longer the case.

Wonder if I could ever get another chance to talk to RyuujinZERO, the guy is genius level intelligent at the very least, and I just like being around people who are smart as or smarter than I as it actually challenges me to be better.
https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/armored-warfare-past-present-and-future
So for those of you who don't follow tank based PvP games, which I suspect is all of you, a little under 2 years ago Obsidian Entertainment announced Armored Warfare, a "world of tanks 2.0" game that would feature modern vehicle and features to avoid the pitfalls of its predecessor, it entered open beta to much fanfare and generally positive reviews, however as time wore on and "early beta" issues persisted, balance became progressively worse, and Armored Warfare's publisher, My.com, continued to milk the playerbase, said playerbase shrank until the game was effectively considered dead. However with their game on life support Obsidian has decided to put up a valiant effort to fix the issues that were driving people away, however that was a bit too little too late, and so now it seems they're making a show of announcing a totally revitalized experience to try and bring people back.

I was active in the early days of Armored Warfare, I had a lot of faith in it as a concept and pre-ordered, even bought the collector's edition, though I got sick of all the aforementioned issues, the irritating grind, and finally I just gave up on it. This announcement has me cautiously optimistic for the game once again, but I'll wait and see where Obsidian goes with this pledge before I jump back in.
(09-08-2016, 02:09 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]https://aw.my.com/gb/news/general/armored-warfare-past-present-and-future
So for those of you who don't follow tank based PvP games, which I suspect is all of you, a little under 2 years ago Obsidian Entertainment announced Armored Warfare, a "world of tanks 2.0" game that would feature modern vehicle and features to avoid the pitfalls of its predecessor, it entered open beta to much fanfare and generally positive reviews, however as time wore on and "early beta" issues persisted, balance became progressively worse, and Armored Warfare's publisher, My.com, continued to milk the playerbase, said playerbase shrank until the game was effectively considered dead. However with their game on life support Obsidian has decided to put up a valiant effort to fix the issues that were driving people away, however that was a bit too little too late, and so now it seems they're making a show of announcing a totally revitalized experience to try and bring people back.

I was active in the early days of Armored Warfare, I had a lot of faith in it as a concept and pre-ordered, even bought the collector's edition, though I got sick of all the aforementioned issues, the irritating grind, and finally I just gave up on it. This announcement has me cautiously optimistic for the game once again, but I'll wait and see where Obsidian goes with this pledge before I jump back in.

let me shoot down that B-2 and all AW sins will forgiven
some potentially stupid idea:
unguided bomb loads on helicopters
You'd need a BIG chopper and lots of bombs. I can imagine a Huron maybe doing it.
(09-08-2016, 11:41 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]The worst. The absolute worst. Get out of there before you end up deeper in debt than you ever thought possible.

1. Computer anything degrees are completely useless. Everything they taught you is already 3-5 years outdated, and will be even moreso by the time you actually hit the workforce.

2. College is your own choice to make, not your parents. Don't ever let parents push you into it before you are ready, because you will be stuck with the bill for the next 20 years or more.

3. A degree does not guarantee you a job. It doesn't make you worth more either, despite everyone thinking it does. Nope, its just a completely worthless scrap of paper that proves you believed what you were told and put yourself deep in debt for next to no benefit at all because your parents told you it would be worth it.

Its not worth it. Cold reality. Perspective of a bitter old man here who is still paying his college debt years later while working a job that anyone with a passion for could do just as well.

Oh and I do a lot of engineering, on a pretty high level too. Electromechanical engineering even, exactly what I went to college for. I ran out of money before I could get my degree, yet I've found a nice job where not only am I hands on with the equipment and out there talking to the people building it, but I'm actually designing it and rarely having to put up with management gutting my design for cost reasons because they want it cheaper.

All this week I'll be engineering a machine enclosure- a series of moving panels to protect workers from the flying debris the machines produce that will automatically move out of the way so the workers can change workpieces or replace tools. Surprisingly sophisticated automation engineering, alongside a mechanical engineer that doesn't have a degree either, and a team of welders and machinists to bring it to life.

Once again, no debt. I have A LOT of money saved up for this exact purpose, and I'm not stupid enough to take loans (no offense intended).
1. I'm aware. They actually made us aware that mostly everything we learn will be outdated within three years. Does it mean I can just bugger off? No.
2. Incorrect. I live with my mother. She wants me to go to College. If I don't go to College, then she will be very unhappy with me. Ergo, I'm going to College.
3. Once again, I know how stupid it is. I never wanted to go for this very reason, among others, but everyone around me still believes this fallacy, and won't accept "that's not how it is" as an answer.

She has stated that I don't have to stay in College if I can't handle the stress, but if I can't handle College how am I ever going to handle a full-time job? My one avenue of exit would prove without a definitive doubt that I'm exactly as practically useless at anything requiring long-term strong effort as I believe myself to be, and I can't do that.

My only other option that would satisfy Mom is to get a good job without College, proving that I don't need it. Of course, the chances of a socially inept, physically weak person like me finding any such thing that I can do is frighteningly low at best, ESPECIALLY within a reasonable amount of time on this relatively small island, since I have no really standout skills, just the general knowledge I've taught myself and learned from school over the years.

So yeah, good advice, mostly stuff I know already, all stuff I can't follow. Whoopdedoo.

HAHAHA.
OKAY WORLD. I GET IT. YOU HATE ME.

So my day wasn't as bad as the previous two.
So the world decided to wait until Mom went out to throw a spider ROUGHLY THE SIZE OF MY FIST at me.
It WAS next to my computer chair on the ground. I jumped and ran out of the room. I came back in. It was gone.
So there is a VERY LARGE VERY FAST spider somewhere in my very large room with a lot of hiding places.
Aaaaaaand I have no idea where it is. I could have trapped it too if I'd stayed calm, damnit.
I can't bring myself to crush large spiders. It squicks me out too much. But oh! We have this One Shot spider spray that kills them in seconds!
...So I went out into the back shed to grab it... AND THERE'S ANOTHER LIVING SPIDER OF ALMOST EQUAL SIZE NEXT TO IT. AND NOT THE SAME ONE.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
someone hasnt seen a tarantula before
(09-09-2016, 09:17 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]someone hasnt seen a tarantula before

What about the huntsman spider Big Grin
The Dinner-Plate-Spider is forbidden.
I'm back, y'all!
Welcome back TO HELL
(09-09-2016, 11:55 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The Dinner-Plate-Spider is forbidden.
Camel spiders, instead of fangs they have finger amputating jaws and are tire size.
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 11:55 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The Dinner-Plate-Spider is forbidden.
Camel spiders, instead of fangs they have finger amputating jaws and are tire size.
VERBOTEN
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Camel spiders, instead of fangs they have finger amputating jaws and are tire size.
VERBOTEN
Nah
(09-09-2016, 02:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 01:52 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]VERBOTEN
Nah
Snip
What the fuck spoiler that shit
VERBOTEN
(09-09-2016, 02:06 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2016, 02:01 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Nah
Snip
What the fuck spoiler that shit
Doesn't work.
I'm gonna need a bigger boot, and maybe some liquid courage.