Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-08-2017, 03:34 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]oh god the wheels are turning.

Oh god all I could think of was BlazBlue's "The wheel of fate is turning"

I've been tainted

Run, save yourselves
Birds

(05-08-2017, 03:18 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2017, 02:51 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]do we even have enough users for there to be any drama of this sort?

*shrug*

I don't really care what your whole take on gender issues is - I just ask that you respect people's gender identity while you're here. It's an avali community forum, not the place to get on your personal soapbox about stuff like that.

(not addressing you specifically Surge, just everyone in general)
Which is exactly why I'll say no more on the subject.
(05-08-2017, 03:21 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2017, 02:46 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]*grumble*
(That is all I'll say on gender topics to avoid drama)
You could just

Y'know

Respect her wishes. Easier than fighting over it, cause it's not like it's being thrust in your face :V

That's why I won't say anything more.

(05-08-2017, 10:44 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Birds

Those animations look like flipnote.
(05-08-2017, 12:08 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2017, 03:10 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Ehks could, if he were still here. And speaking of which, am I the only one who noticed that most of the staff has disappeard?

Call me when there's something to moderate lol - even the bots don't touch this place.

Oh yeah and ehks = she

I'm still keeping tabs on the place as well in case something happens, though I usually let Segolia and Ehks deal with any problems that pop up if it doesn't need immediate action.

The bots leave this place alone because of the new user activation policy. They can't post spam if their accounts don't get activated.

Unfortunately that policy does sometimes become a nusiance for people who do want to join here.

I should see about installing the forum mod that moderator quarantines the first few posts a new user makes.

Basically, your first few posts need moderator approval. After some have been approved you can post normally.

Like so it keeps the bot spews out of sight and totally ineffective in their goals, since they stay invisible to anyone without moderator or admin access and can be easily cleaned up.
I had a conversation on a discord recently about the story behind their User icons. Anyone care to explain theirs?
(05-08-2017, 06:49 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I had a conversation on a discord recently about the story behind their User icons. Anyone care to explain theirs?
Origonal-I wanted an avali was originally asking reks then one day Riley an old member decided to draw an avali for me using an example based on my in game avali (I like these colors way more than the colors I thought of for reks)

Link Halloween costume- got into a funny Halloween decoration conversation with shaddaris(sorry if name wrong) and scn-null (again sorry if wrong) and scn drew a picture for it and I got the piece that had me in it to use as a profile pic

Current-won it in a lottery I guess? Somebody was doing free art and I got selected to get drawn yay.
My icon is just my fursona, nothing complicated
My main OC Jiroku, so similar to Surge. If you want to learn more about him there's this: http://fav.me/daerb4r

This particular pic of him is a pretty Doom-inspired one, depicting him as the "Doomvali" in his full body armor/piloting suit (helmet is off in the shot, of course). http://fav.me/db86zv3
I need to get a doom marine commission too. I fucking love the praetor armor.

I'll need to wait awhile on that though, I'm $100 in the hole for a ref sheet right now, and my rabid hatred of debt compels me to not have money promised to more than one artist at a time.
just make sure there's gratuitous violence happening against big angry monsters

speaking of the game: the NU-chaingun has become my absolute favourite gun from any game

why?

triple
fucking
minigun

bullets
BULLETS
The mobile turret mod for the DOOM 4 minigun is the only acceptable mod, period.
Either way Doom 4 has amazing weapons. Not that I've played only watched. It's not my kind of game. It's weird. I'm not much of a sci-fi person or fps or anything similar.
But I've watched a few. Went through part of a doom 4 let's play. I like the mechanic where you can do that killing blow thing, I think you know what I mean. I won't pretend I can have a good conversation on this game as I've never played it.
(05-08-2017, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I need to get a doom marine commission too. I fucking love the praetor armor.

I'll need to wait awhile on that though, I'm $100 in the hole for a ref sheet right now, and my rabid hatred of debt compels me to not have money promised to more than one artist at a time.

Joke's on you: I got this for free.

I've always preferred Classic Doom to Doom 2016: not saying the latter is bad or anything, quite the opposite, just that I prefer the gameplay style of the former. It's a lot more fast-paced and adrenaline-packed, I think.
(05-09-2017, 12:10 AM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2017, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I need to get a doom marine commission too. I fucking love the praetor armor.

Joke's on you: I got this for free.

I've always preferred Classic Doom to Doom 2016: not saying the latter is bad or anything, quite the opposite, just that I prefer the gameplay style of the former. It's a lot more fast-paced and adrenaline-packed, I think.
Well I don't have your fancy pants "friends" so I have to pay for my vanity.
it's a little so-so

in doom 1 you can run behind a wall and sit on your ass for a few seconds no problem
in doom 4 enemies will quickly dogpile on you if you do that

enemies are a lot more aggressive and agile but also more fragile, the levels are more based on closed arenas and less of fighting through an entire level with it's own gimmicks

also that image doesn't really say 'doom' to me
yeah there's a shotgun, but that's about it

it doesn't even have wooden furnishing, what is this
Mine is the crazy form of a boss from an obscure JRPG series that probably nobody here is old enough to remember playing the originals of. Let alone who he is.

Also totally ripped it off from DA many years ago and have used it ever since.
(05-09-2017, 02:33 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is the crazy form of a boss from an obscure JRPG series that probably nobody here is old enough to remember playing the originals of. Let alone who he is.

Also totally ripped it off from DA many years ago and have used it ever since.

Both of mine are Rinoah, the avali character I spent two hours pixel editing (First time doing pixel art of any sort in my life) and who I made this account to pay respects for.  As she is from the original avali mod and was somehow directly deleted when the game auto-updated rather than being stored like the rest of my characters had been in a separate backup.  Disallowing my ever retrieving her to get back the character skin so I could use it for another character later in the future.  And I can't simply do it from memory since it had been in my eyes perfected down to every pixel and I don't have the capability (or tools) to come even close to it again anymore.  That's about it.
This place continues ticking I see.
still the same old folks tho, I guess everyone is looking forward for summer? or a good portion of us are already old smelly adults
(05-09-2017, 12:12 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2017, 12:10 AM)Sock of Retribution Wrote: [ -> ]Joke's on you: I got this for free.

Well I don't have your fancy pants "friends" so I have to pay for my vanity.

I actually took the initiative to ask for a request (two now), and nobody else payed for me. You can get real good, cheap art if you know where to look. Those are the key words, and tbh I just got lucky. Regardless, it has practically nothing to do with friend circles in my case.