Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-23-2016, 06:40 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2016, 05:08 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm awake, really.

it's nearly 1pm there when you posted this and 3pm there now

i'm hypersomniac ok.

Look i made a consumeable item Big Grin
[Image: honeydew_dew_1_by_silverduke1-daiqbgr.png?1]
http://imgur.com/user/Philcrifo/submitted
This guy tho.
Animated versions of reaction images.
Brilliant!

[Image: t9Kkt8h.jpg]
[Image: aef50301d056b522f7d092eb9dbfcc25.jpg]
[Image: Rt1KBsN.png]
A national godamn treasure that.
Was really hoping someone would give me some feedback on the gryphon character...
(09-23-2016, 08:29 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2016, 06:40 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]it's nearly 1pm there when you posted this and 3pm there now

i'm hypersomniac ok.

You made a consumable, yay...

Now make something like an item with complexity.
(09-24-2016, 01:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2016, 08:29 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]Look i made a consumeable item Big Grin

Y'know, you don't have to be rude.

(09-24-2016, 01:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Was really hoping someone would give me some feedback on the gryphon character...

Lemme tell you about a magical thing called asking. It tends to work wonders.
(09-24-2016, 02:16 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2016, 01:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]You made a consumable, yay...

Y'know, you don't have to be rude.

(09-24-2016, 01:24 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Was really hoping someone would give me some feedback on the gryphon character...

Apologies to silvwrduke, stressful morning, job interview and all.

So yeah, anyone have thoughts on the gryphon?
(09-23-2016, 08:29 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm hypersomniac ok.

just because you find something easy after working with programming often doesn't mean others with little to no experience will find it easy.
just saying.
don't be a dick.
(09-24-2016, 04:27 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]

just because you find something easy after working with programming often doesn't mean others with little to no experience will find it easy.
just saying.
don't be a dick.

Yeah I understand, and again, apologies.
(09-24-2016, 04:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]So yeah, anyone have thoughts on the gryphon?

None in particular.
I have some things to say, hopefully to be taken constructively and with a grain of salt or two. Attention whoring adds nothing to RP or stories, especially when a character's only apparent trait is, attention obsessed and always hungry. So if they don't really have a personality other than to be obnoxious and get in the way, there's little point to having them there. Comparable to characters like Jar Jar binks from star wars, or Snarf from thundercats. Obnoxious and with a tone that distastefully contrasts that which surrounds it. Your character could fit in with things that are cutesy and don't revel in any sort of action possibly, but would still be found lacking. (look up nemu nemu if you need an example) Some characters may gladly kill them without a second thought simply because they get(got) in the way so often.

In any case, a character should never be able to be summed up in a single sentence. No matter what. So, needs more character, more developement, needs to do things and have their own story. Have preferences, dislikes. You've shown them as more than just "a stupid beast". So why not expand on that a bit more? It doesn't matter if they can speak. You can.
(09-23-2016, 08:29 PM)Silverduke1 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm hypersomniac ok.

(09-24-2016, 04:23 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2016, 02:16 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Y'know, you don't have to be rude.

Apologies to silvwrduke, stressful morning, job interview and all.

So yeah, anyone have thoughts on the gryphon?

its fine, no worries. To be honest i didn't read it till just now and didn't realize your yay was sarcastic till i saw the apology and stuff ^^;
I was just happy someone commented on it ./////.
(09-24-2016, 05:10 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I have some things to say, hopefully to be taken constructively and with a grain of salt or two.  Attention whoring adds nothing to RP or stories, especially when a character's only apparent trait is, attention obsessed and always hungry.  So if they don't really have a personality other than to be obnoxious and get in the way, there's little point to having them there.  Comparable to characters like Jar Jar binks from star wars, or Snarf from thundercats.  Obnoxious and with a tone that distastefully contrasts that which surrounds it.  Your character could fit in with things that are cutesy and don't revel in any sort of action possibly, but would still be found lacking.  (look up nemu nemu if you need an example)  Some characters may gladly kill them without a second thought simply because they get(got) in the way so often.

In any case, a character should never be able to be summed up in a single sentence.  No matter what.  So, needs more character, more developement, needs to do things and have their own story.  Have preferences, dislikes.  You've shown them as more than just "a stupid beast".  So why not expand on that a bit more?  It doesn't matter if they can speak.  You can.

Somebody who seems to have no sense of self and needs to just latch onto others is one of the most emotionally draining types of individuals to deal with.
[Image: d6a9654b9cd1ffadd16680cdde37b20b.png]
HOLY SHIT
What a day. We finally got TheB33f (a relatively famous youtube personality in MWO) to do a pub group with OutreachHPG, and managed to keep a full 12 man group running for a few hours.
Okay geez maybe I'll put a bullet in the head of the gryphon if you bloody hate it so much.

This is why I don't come here much, you people have become toxic and rude, the whole point of the character is to balance out the other...

Yeah I gave up on the rp anyways for the most part.
(09-25-2016, 03:03 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Okay geez maybe I'll put a bullet in the head of the gryphon if you bloody hate it so much.

This is why I don't come here much, you people have become toxic and rude, the whole point of the character is to balance out the other...

Yeah okay, I'll just keep being toxic with my psychology and Rinoah can keep being rude with his storytelling opinions that you asked for. You should know by now that your character isn't popular, especially considering you have to be the one to insert him into scenes. Of you don't want to hear people say that the character could be designed or presented better you shouldn't ask what people think of it.
(09-25-2016, 03:03 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Okay geez maybe I'll put a bullet in the head of the gryphon if you bloody hate it so much.

Chill. Nobody said anything about hating it.

I didn't have anything to say about it. What CAN I say? It's a nice gryphon. I don't have any words or feedback to really give.

I don't think anyone else does either.
I asked for criticism not for hate. The gryphon is much more than a stupid beast, I've tried to be really subtle about it but that's gone over everyone's head as...

I can't do this I just feel like shit now kthxbai.
(09-25-2016, 03:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I asked for criticism not for hate. The gryphon is much more than a stupid beast, I've tried to be really subtle about it but that's gone over everyone's head as...

You got criticism, the harsh fact is that you don't have a good character and any criticism will have to focus on that. Rinoah was far more charitable than I in maintaining that you have a bad execution more so than an inherently bad base that needs to be scrapped. Writing off harsh criticism as "toxic and rude" is not an effective means to improve because sometimes criticism has to be harsh.
(09-25-2016, 03:21 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2016, 03:15 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I asked for criticism not for hate. The gryphon is much more than a stupid beast, I've tried to be really subtle about it but that's gone over everyone's head as...

You got criticism, the harsh fact is that you don't have a good character and any criticism will have to focus on that. Rinoah was far more charitable than I in maintaining that you have a bad execution more so than an inherently bad base that needs to be scrapped. Writing off harsh criticism as "toxic and rude" is not an effective means to improve because sometimes criticism has to be harsh.

Valid point...

I can't think straight at all right now and I'm like braindead n stuff.

I'm going to change how things are executed should I find interest to get back into, as I'd have to probably force myself in... kinda feels pointless...

I literally can't think, period.