Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-12-2016, 06:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 05:15 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]umby drop
-umby-
Why do I seem to recall a conversation about putting one of our resident Umbreons in a maid dress? Was that a thing?

kinda, but it was not surge unfortunatly
(11-12-2016, 07:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:15 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]I already have one

pics or i don't believe you
Apparently I am incapable of getting things across a as joke

I fucking wish I had one. I'm pretty sure the drafts would be awful though
(11-12-2016, 07:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:01 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]I distinctly remember only the conversation about the dream where I was in a maid dress.

Okay but still, maid dresses for everyone! Yes, everyone.

I'm already black and white like a maid dress [speech -75]
(11-12-2016, 07:26 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]pics or i don't believe you
Apparently I am incapable of getting things across a as joke

Who cares about drafts when you look that cute?
(11-12-2016, 07:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:26 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently I am incapable of getting things across a as joke

Who cares about drafts when you look that cute?
Because I would rather not have any of you touch my crotch and I will rip your hand at the wrist off if you do
(11-12-2016, 07:33 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares about drafts when you look that cute?
Because I would rather not have any of you touch my crotch and I will rip your hand at the wrist off if you do

this isnt the nsfw nexus, groping crouches isnt allowed here, punishable by cutting off hands
(11-12-2016, 07:41 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:33 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Because I would rather not have any of you touch my crotch and I will rip your hand at the wrist off if you do

this isnt the nsfw nexus, groping crouches isnt allowed here, punishable by cutting off hands
It's a maid dress, not taking that chanc
(11-12-2016, 07:49 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 07:41 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]this isnt the nsfw nexus, groping crouches isnt allowed here, punishable by cutting off hands
It's a maid dress, not taking that chanc

i assure you i have no interest in crotches, yours or anyone elses.
So I found both the dream and the attempt to maid an umbreon.

Both were by me. It's almost like my brain is trying to tell me something. I mean, such a surprising thought, right?
(11-12-2016, 08:06 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So I found both the dream and the attempt to maid an umbreon.

Both were by me. It's almost like my brain is trying to tell me something. I mean, such a surprising thought, right?

Nah. Brains like to give hints in an increasingly-blunt manner.
Do we have any arty people around right now? Someone draw Maid Silver. It must be done!
But what do you even look like I mean I would imagine a silver otter of sorts, not sure why.
We don't have a resident shitposting artist anymore.
(11-12-2016, 08:25 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]We don't have a resident shitposting artist anymore.

I think I can fill that role, but I'm not a fast drawer nor I'm available right now, very busy with rushing my project
I found a picture of silverotter. Will this work
[Image: silverotter.JPG]
Oh wait, that's a stirling silverotter
(11-12-2016, 08:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 08:06 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So I found both the dream and the attempt to maid an umbreon.

Nah. Brains like to give hints in an increasingly-blunt manner.
Do we have any arty people around right now? Someone draw Maid Silver. It must be done!
But what do you even look like I mean I would imagine a silver otter of sorts, not sure why.
OH NO, MY APPEARANCE IS TOO SUBTLE. HOW EVER WOULD I BRING SUCH INFORMATION ACROSS.

(I've got hair long enough to barely reach my hips, tied into a ponytail with hairbands twice, once at the back of my head, the second halfway down. Yes this is my best distinguishing feature, at least when compared to my little brother, who is otherwise constantly mistaken for me.)

(Also, you reminded me I need to get around to shaving my beard and mustache off to solve the whole "inner-view-of-appearance/actual-appearance inaccuracy" problem.)

(Double also, Reks' image link is broken.)

(11-12-2016, 04:23 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2016, 08:18 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Nah. Brains like to give hints in an increasingly-blunt manner.
OH NO, MY APPEARANCE IS TOO SUBTLE. HOW EVER WOULD I BRING SUCH INFORMATION ACROSS.

(I've got hair long enough to barely reach my hips, tied into a ponytail with hairbands twice, once at the back of my head, the second halfway down. Yes this is my best distinguishing feature, at least when compared to my little brother, who is otherwise constantly mistaken for me.)

(Also, you reminded me I need to get around to shaving my beard and mustache off to solve the whole "inner-view-of-appearance/actual-appearance inaccuracy" problem.)

Fix.

[Image: xNf9ca4.jpg]
I should actually try to grow a blonde beard so I can braid it and honor my heritage, it'll just take me years to do that.
vap drop

[Image: 800804f400bd38272e3ef38dd1b7c943.jpg]
(11-12-2016, 04:34 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]

(11-12-2016, 04:23 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]OH NO, MY APPEARANCE IS TOO SUBTLE. HOW EVER WOULD I BRING SUCH INFORMATION ACROSS.

Fix.

[Image: xNf9ca4.jpg]

*collapses of cuteness overload*
@.@
[Image: 20161110134138_1.jpg]
"What are you playing Surge?"
Transport Fever
"is it cool? are you going to do a review on it?"
huh what? sorry I was playing Transport Fever.

Oh fine. Transport Fever is what is known as a "German game" which is to say it is a "game" about ruthless industrialism and efficient work habits. Most of which involve trains, buses, and trucks. If the name Transport Fever sounds familiar you may be remembering the "spiritual" predecessor Train Fever, which was released a year or two ago by the same developer, Swiss studio Urban Games, Transport Fever was renamed because it expands the scope from just Trains to also include planes and boats, which only shows that Urban doesn't actually like buses or trucks.
In Transport Fever you assume the role of omnipotent deity owner of a transportation firm in a randomly generated chunk of world colored to vaguely resemble either Europe or the United States of America. In this role you lay bus stops, roads, tram tracks, railroad tracks, boat docks, airports, train stations, and other odds and ends to facilitate a network of vehicles that shift people and goods alike across the map, you are also occasionally responsible for upgrading municipal roads out of your own pocket because the city is too big and the traffic jams are making life hard for your buses, you guys are welcome for all the business we bring in by the way!
That's not to say that commuter trains and semi trucks from A to B is necessarily all that Transport Fever does, there IS depth to be found here. The game will, initially, start in 1850 and play all the way up to present day (though it never actually ends) and as time progresses, certain prolific trains, trucks, and coaches of the era and region will become available, challenging you to spend money not only to expand the many tendrils of your people shipping monopoly, but also to ride the edge of the latest in people shipping technology, newer vehicles will move faster with more cargo but at a higher price, both upfront and every month, so no those two small hamlets next door to each other don't need a Concord flying between their airports. Towns will also grow as the game progresses and you feed people and goods into their economies, they will almost never grow into a truly sprawling metropolis, but don't be surprised when that temporary train station you plopped down 20 years ago is now surrounded on all sides by fresh shops and houses. Industry is also not necessarily straightforward, to provide goods to your city you must find a goods factory, build a freight station in front of it, find a steel and lumber mill, build freight stations in front of them, and then find a logging site, iron mine, and coal mine and build freight stations in front of them, finally you build a freight station in the town you want to receive goods and buy and assign a bunch of trucks to shuffle all the goods around needed to make this chain of production actually work. That doesn't sound necessarily nightmarish, but wait until you see how the random map generator can create 2/3 of those basic resource sites a reasonable distance from the goods factory, and then only one of the last one you need...on the far corner of the map.
Most of Transport Fever's problems come from an oddly Germano-centric lineup of vehicles (try and find a truck or train car that wasn't built in central Europe, I dare you), that creates a surprisingly sparse list of vehicles in time periods where the industry should have been exploding outwards, and the same old map generator from Train Fever, back before boats or airports were a thing. What this means for maps, is that any body of water with a bridge over it will not be navigable to boats, since the road generator won't elevate the bridge, any good locations for a dock will likely be dramatic slopes that prevent the actual construction of a dock, nevermind roads to link it to a nearby town or industry, and you will basically never be able to find a large enough patch of level ground for a large airport.
All in all Transport Fever is a crazy love letter from some Swiss to everything mass transit, and it's also a pretty neat management game, with an oftentimes clunky but very functional UI, a tangible sense of progression even in the sandbox mode, and a lot of incentive to spend more time studying topographic maps for your current map than actually laying down new tracks.
(11-12-2016, 04:34 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ][quote='SilverOtter' pid='58866' dateline='1478938009']
So I found both the dream and the attempt to maid an umbreon.

(11-12-2016, 04:23 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]OH NO, MY APPEARANCE IS TOO SUBTLE. HOW EVER WOULD I BRING SUCH INFORMATION ACROSS.

Fix

*Snop*

Nice work. Very classy as well. But I think I found something classier Tongue
[Image: tumblr_mxkwtzuvXU1smti8po1_500.jpg]

Oh god, I butchered the post and mashed it back together into a crude meat dragon ;(