Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-13-2016, 10:39 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2016, 10:18 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]-head tilt-

When they're being derp

not extreme enough
[Image: ad_203811363-e1461345325130.jpg?w=748&h=...498&crop=1]
now that's a head tilt

The headtilt wasn't the point

The derp is the point
[Image: 5ea5dd242fa94ac01bca31bb7706fa6f.png]
[Image: d6304d88ad4eb9764e685f6ed92a4562.png]
Apparently I'm pretty good with these things.
Which is weird since they're one of if not the worst light mech in the game.
[Image: IV1D8jS.png]
Guess I'll stick with what I know.
(08-14-2016, 08:36 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 5ea5dd242fa94ac01bca31bb7706fa6f.png]
[Image: d6304d88ad4eb9764e685f6ed92a4562.png]
[Image: IV1D8jS.png]

Tiers are just statistics. If you're good with something you can do well with it.
I mean unless it's actually useless. Then maybe not.
(08-14-2016, 09:52 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2016, 08:36 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][stats
[meme]

Tiers are just statistics. If you're good with something you can do well with it.
I mean unless it's actually useless. Then maybe not.

You know this means?
This means I gotta explain why these 'mechs have such a reputation.
[Image: f2c66166679a19f28684c44541919c61.png]
The PNT-10P is the worst of the worst here, being the only Panther with no energy hardpoints, it instead has 2 ballistic hardpoints, too few for machine guns, but a 35 ton frame won't mount many ballistics when the next lightest one is 6 tons before the engine to shift this thing, ammo for the guns, and armor plating. It's in an awkward spot where it simply is too small for the kind of weapons it carries, you can either push the envelope and have a halfway respectable gun but a middling engine as I have, which is dodgy in a weight class where speed is life, or you'll be horribly gimped on firepower and/or ammo. However it has quirks that augment its abilities in rather dramatic fashion, including thicker armor across the board for no additional tonnage, 25% faster autocannon rate of fire, and 10% longer missile range.
[Image: 4809509614a75172f166700f06ecb0bf.png]
Technically speaking the rest of the Panthers are mostly identical, energy hardpoints in one arm and center torso missiles, so let's start with what's wrong about that setup itself. Having all your eggs in one basket in a unit as comaprtmentalized as a 'mech is bad for reasons that become rather obvious the first time somebody amputates your right arm, and the center torso is a less than ideal spot for weapons in the first place, as your engine has the lion's share of space inside it, and you'll never find room for more than 2 very small weapons or 1 medium sized weapon. Anything that could be described as "bulky" is right out, which actually rules out virtually all autocannons and the vast majority of missiles, so the Panthers are limited to small racks of missiles. The arm also has the issue of being very low slung, peeking over a hill and trying to shoot an enemy only to find your lasers hitting the dirt in front of you is never fun, so Panthers are forced to fight around corners and on relatively open ground. Anyways the PNT-8Z is well suited to being a long range sniper with its quirks, and honestly of all the Panthers it is probably the best one at what it does, packed to the gills with heatsinks and reasonably agile it is an excellent harasser, but will very rarely actually threaten anything that corners it due to a very low damage output.
[Image: feed82d28bb6020196836908a25f341e.jpg]
The PNT-9R is a bit more versatile, with quirks that leave a lot of doors open, allowing it to run long range lasers, PPCs, short range lasers, LRMs, SRMs, whatever the pilot finds prudent. Of course that kind of versatility has a price tag, being that the 9R doesn't feel exceptionally good at anything while having all of the same issues that are inherent in the chassis.
[Image: d17fe7fac1e6b4c290121369b1c8ba7f.png]
The PNT-10K is the newest addition to my collection and I'm not sure I'm quite qualified to comment on it yet, but it lends itself towards PPCs, which clash rather dramatically with SRMs, and demand such additional tonnage in heat sinks that LRMs are pretty infeasible, so the 10K's missile quirks are basically wasted. PPCs generate A LOT of heat, overloading your heat sinks and being forced to shut down in the middle of a warzone is kind of a shitty way to go, and low slung weapon mounts have never lent themselves well to snipers.
Geez. The guys that run those steam engines make it look easy.

4 days on the footplate of a 101 year old steam tractor, helping to drive it and maintain it. It was fun though, aside from getting sunburned so badly.
Sudden influx of new members? What? Who is responsible for this? Or is it just some luck
I'm actually a fan of the panther myself in it's ballistics loadout, surge. The thing is. I keep at about 997 meters with two AC2s each with 3-5 extra tonnes of ammo. I've pinked down heavy mechs, and still remained fast enough to avoid their light and medium supports. Disappearing for a bit only to unload about 30 rounds into their back at a nice 800+ before they have time to respond, being locked into the fray. Then I move again. And while you are right that it suffers from "weapon envy" and low bearing weapons. It's ballistics loadout has the lowest effect from that flaw over any of the others. Passive sensors and a good head on your shoulders is needed to run any micro-sniper type mech'. They all have their flaws after all.
ert!

[Image: comito_by_thaily-daduyd0.jpg]
I’s been too long(5-6 months) since I last being my laptop to campus and I already forgot my mouse and the headphones’ wire already gone oily/decomposed,
[Image: y1oPNr9.png]
Brit's mightiest weapon, their colony
After two and a half hours of grueling grinding consisting of spamming Dragon Breath and Double Team, I caught Groudon.

I named it Pizza.
why 3D TVC is awesome
[Image: l5Idb.jpg]
there's one that had captions, but I cant find it
"Windows Explorer has stopped working..."
"Windows Explorer is restarting..."

Godd*mnit laptop you were doing so well for two days and you go and pull this again.
At least the frequency seems to have gone down...
(08-15-2016, 06:12 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]why 3D TVC is awesome
[Image: l5Idb.jpg]
there's one that had captions, but I cant find it

Now you know why russkies still use 3D TVNs even on their all-new fifth gen fighter jet instead of stealthy pitch-axis ones like on F-22.
[Image: edef8e60bb41f8fbbc8e2272b499447e.jpg]
I'm rather morbidly curious as to how this colony is going to fall apart.
Remember kids, do not disassemble any sort of lithium ion/high voltage batteries without technician supervision even if they’re just smaller batteries linked together. Almost burned down the house doing that, goo thing most of the house is concrete bricks but there's a shit ton of paper works around while I was disassembling the portable battery bank :V
So the answer to my question came in the form of a dozen manhunter boomrats. 4 near fatal infections and dozens of burns later everyone is miraculously still alive though.
(08-14-2016, 05:54 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Sudden influx of new members? What? Who is responsible for this? Or is it just some luck

A link on the triage mod page.
(08-15-2016, 05:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2016, 05:54 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Sudden influx of new members? What? Who is responsible for this? Or is it just some luck

A link on the triage mod page.

Posted by who?
(08-15-2016, 05:14 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2016, 05:00 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]A link on the triage mod page.

Posted by who?
I do not recall.