Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-01-2016, 02:12 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]T
(09-01-2016, 06:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube is demonetizing videos that contain swearing and controversial subjects like war and stuff...
Yyyyyyep... That's a thing now...
It's censorship, they're using it as an excuse to selectively demonetize videos they don't approve of like I dunno, anything that disagrees with a SJW.

"Demonetized for challenging the notion that all white men are racist"

So much for freedom of speech I suppose.
(09-01-2016, 03:05 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 02:12 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]T
It's censorship, they're using it as an excuse to selectively demonetize videos they don't approve of like I dunno, anything that disagrees with a SJW.

"Demonetized for challenging the notion that all white men are racist"

So much for freedom of speech I suppose.

Freedom of speech only guarantees that you can speak out against your government without them openly punishing you for it.

Private interests can still censor you however they please using any legal means to do so.

And since big corporations are considered people legally, Youtube (owned by Google) is free to censor the content it delivers.

Just like how Google refuses to allow you to put their ad banners on certain kinds of websites. And how Google can outright refuse to list your site's content in search engines if they don't like what you are saying.
[Image: 06d889f39cc1a0445f094e057420baf2.png]
I have finally done it. For the first time in my MWO career I have a chassis 100% complete.
(09-01-2016, 11:18 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 06:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube is demonetizing videos that contain swearing and controversial subjects like war and stuff...
RIP SovietWomble
Noooooo. I just discovered him like a few weeks ago and I love his videos. Q.Q

(09-01-2016, 02:12 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
It's censorship, they're using it as an excuse to selectively demonetize videos they don't approve of like I dunno [REDACTED BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO ADDRESS THIS]
This is what I have a problem with. The definition of "controversial subjects" is, well, subjective, and it could be used to directly discourage people from talking about sensitive issues.

(09-01-2016, 03:19 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 03:05 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]So much for freedom of speech I suppose.

Freedom of speech only guarantees that you can speak out against your government without them openly punishing you for it.

Private interests can still censor you however they please using any legal means to do so.

And since big corporations are considered people legally, Youtube (owned by Google) is free to censor the content it delivers.

Just like how Google refuses to allow you to put their ad banners on certain kinds of websites. And how Google can outright refuse to list your site's content in search engines if they don't like what you are saying.

While this is true, the fact that after having owned Youtube for multiple years now, they're just now doing this suggests other motives.
Besides, a far better system would be allowing only certain types of ads to display on certain videos if the advertiser doesn't want them to show up on things with specific content, instead of a blanket "all or nothing" system.

But this is Google, and they've done almost noting but consistently fuck with Youtube since they took over, so I don't know what I was expecting.
jumping spider drop
[Image: SyZzI5m.jpg]
(09-01-2016, 09:19 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]jumping spider drop
-sNOPE-

WHY.
(09-01-2016, 09:20 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 09:19 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]jumping spider drop
-sNOPE-

WHY.

Shaad please,  they are completely harmless to people, and they're cute to boot!

Just look at this little guy girl! (spoilered for actual arachnophobes i'm looking at you, reks)

(09-01-2016, 09:24 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]spoilered for actual arachnophobes

Fun fact: I'm an actual arachnophobe.
(09-01-2016, 09:24 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]

It's like a puppy with an exoskeleton.
[Image: 71c0c5dcc1bcba31435933020fe2c789.png]
Starbound, that game where I spent several minutes watching a cotton plant grow because I needed cotton to progress or something.
(09-01-2016, 11:02 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 71c0c5dcc1bcba31435933020fe2c789.png]
Starbound, that game where I spent several minutes watching a cotton plant grow because I needed cotton to progress or something.

Yeah, I found that... Annoying.
My problems disappeared once I got a house together and had 8 cotton plants and 2 moth traps, though.
(yes you need silk later as well)
(09-02-2016, 01:38 AM)Umbra Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I found that... Annoying.
My problems disappeared once I got a house together and had 8 cotton plants and 2 moth traps, though.
(yes you need silk later as well)

The part that pissed me off was that they said that farming would be a seperate way to make progress as a counterpart to mining and exploring, not that it would be nessessary.
I mean, perhaps I'm just unlucky, but finding enough cotton plants across even multiple planets to get a single piece of bloody armor was near impossible.
And then there's no way to get silk without farming. It's stupid.
So. What do you guys do when you're bored? Any addictive flash games to while the time away?
I mean, you guys must be doing something because half of you aren't on the forums...
(09-02-2016, 03:34 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]So. What do you guys do when you're bored? Any addictive flash games to while the time away?
I mean, you guys must be doing something because half of you aren't on the forums...

Timezones. Many people are either at work or school or asleep. Others are distracted playing games.
I myself was out for much of the day.

I don't really play flash games much myself. Mostly MMOs lately.
(09-02-2016, 03:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 03:34 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]So. What do you guys do when you're bored? Any addictive flash games to while the time away?

Timezones. Many people are either at work or school or asleep. Others are distracted playing games.

Welp, I should have seen that coming, rather silly of me to think everyone's awake right now.

... *looks at clock*

It's 11:42

._.

EDIT: It is 3:39 local for you and Surge. I didn't know that there were more late-nighters like me here.

... then again, it's kind of inevitable...

(09-02-2016, 03:43 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 03:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Timezones. Many people are either at work or school or asleep. Others are distracted playing games.

Welp, I should have seen that coming, rather silly of me to think everyone's awake right now.

... *looks at clock*

._.

EDIT: It is 3:39 local for you and Surge. I didn't know that there were more late-nighters like me here.

Its 12:14 local for me.
(09-02-2016, 03:43 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 03:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Timezones. Many people are either at work or school or asleep. Others are distracted playing games.

... *looks at clock*

._.

It's 9:19 local for me.
(09-02-2016, 04:19 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2016, 03:43 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]Welp, I should have seen that coming, rather silly of me to think everyone's awake right now.

... *looks at clock*

._.

It's 9:19 local for me.

I guess it's... server time?

EDIT: Just made a new avatar. It's my first-ever dive into color, pretty much (and the best part is my sig still works)...

{I see you lurking, Surge...}
(09-02-2016, 04:12 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll trade you that hat, for a refine and a reclaimed, also is 1.33Ref still a thing?

also which of you self promoted on the modding discussions, please dont do that, you're giving this place a worser name than it has

(09-01-2016, 11:02 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-rhao vali-
A suggestion for the potential mechanian mod revival, crafting your armor/gear better or earning then through missions/quest? I might have to implement those into the mod in the future. Also atleast you remember to water the ground, the first time I planted them I didint water took me hours to realize that I need to water them.