Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Google Ads, why are you showing me ads for F2P animu mobile games. I don't have time for that shit. 
Hahaha what no I haven't been on any sites that would mark me as the target audience that's silly
(08-16-2016, 06:36 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Google Ads, why are you showing me ads for F2P animu mobile games. I don't have time for that shit. 
Hahaha what no I haven't been on any sites that would mark me as the target audience that's silly

what have you watched on video hosting sites recently if anything?
Heresy dump.
[Image: 0ed.jpg]
[Image: a48.jpg]
[Image: e75.jpg]
[Image: 23b.jpg]
[Image: oQLkCm8.jpg]
[Image: 2b9.jpg]
[Image: 1418328946267.jpg]
[Image: HarMimp.png]
[Image: 1420217312627.jpg]
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77868/?
Nooooooo! It's like 20 days until I have to go to college why would this have to come out NOW?!
(08-16-2016, 07:56 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2016, 06:36 PM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]Google Ads, why are you showing me ads for F2P animu mobile games. I don't have time for that shit. 
what have you watched on video hosting sites recently if anything?
Wow, it's like the invisible text isn't plainly visible in the editor.
Dump for the dump gods

[Image: 104103-Guardsmen,%20Humor,%20Imperial%20...antasy.jpg]
[Image: c2148fae9c60ddccb02ef729fe77de04.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mefrmcwcWX1rzvz5mo1_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_inline_njlz68MY8H1rzg3rp.png]
[Image: 8f9d492f864dd33b7dcb24c61b57824f.jpg]
[Image: Remember+if+you+die+from+a+disease+you+c...49a35b.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdd5MgEJCnlg9Kv0Nga-4...CZeft3BUHg]
[Image: Advice+guardsmen+2+thought+of+the+day+be...877833.jpg]
[Image: 33337273.jpg]
[Image: 6f8.jpg]
[Image: 95087dfe811d0c8768e25e222263a5f98181b90b...%2Fd3f.jpg]
[Image: 00e.jpg]
So I joined the /r/worldbuilding discord. We've turned railguns into some kind of meme. Especially railgun delivery of items, it's pretty great.

[Image: 905c125237e47c9ea2f2b001957115f7.png]
(08-16-2016, 10:28 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]So I joined the /r/worldbuilding discord. We've turned railguns into some kind of meme. Especially railgun delivery of items, it's pretty great.

[Image: 905c125237e47c9ea2f2b001957115f7.png]

Railguns by railgun. Then those railguns fire more railguns, which fire more railguns. This way, you can easily place a network of railguns so as to send things farther than one railgun could. To expand network, simply fire a railgun from the railgun, which will be passed down the network and eventually land at its new spot.
[Image: 16b262c59d1274607387955d64995358.png]
At least I can say that I'm the very best, like no one ever was.
Hey, random request, but can someone with gun knowledge tell me what the rifle is that the sniper's using in this scene? (Primarily 1:12 onward)

I want to some good images of it. I like the thing's style and want to use it as a reference image for a weapon design I thought up and want to draw. Problem is I don't really know a lot about guns, especially rifles, ESPECIALLY bolt action rifles, so problems abound.

(For those who may be curious, the idea is for a kind of science-fantasy setting. Essentially a sniper rifle that can be folded and collapsed into a staff. And yes, I mean wizard staff. Sniper Mage! The best class. Working out a design that looks like it could realistically take both forms and still function will involve some mental gymnastics and a lot of reference material on hand.)
(08-17-2016, 08:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, random request, but can someone with gun knowledge tell me what the rifle is that the sniper's using in this scene? (Primarily 1:12 onward)

-saving private Ryan-

I want to some good images of it. I like the thing's style and want to use it as a reference image for a weapon design I thought up and want to draw. Problem is I don't really know a lot about guns, especially rifles, ESPECIALLY bolt action rifles, so problems abound.

(For those who may be curious, the idea is for a kind of science-fantasy setting. Essentially a sniper rifle that can be folded and collapsed into a staff. And yes, I mean wizard staff. Sniper Mage! The best class. Working out a design that looks like it could realistically take both forms and still function will involve some mental gymnastics and a lot of reference material on hand.)
US army standard issue bolt action Rifle, M1903 Springfield(1903-1974)
[Image: M1903-Springfield-Rifle.jpg]
this one doesnt have the scope attached but defiantly the same gun(I', also midly angry that the soldier operated the bolt with his left hand instead of the right, that's a reason why the bolt handle is on the right.

more specifically it looked like this variant of the M1903
[Image: springfield_m1903_sniper_rifle_by_shelbs2-d4ww2x8.jpg]
with the slight curve on the handle and the scope
if you're looking one for a hybrid staff I would recommend the initial/WW1 variant as the handle is straight like a stickstaff there are several variants with different handle
[Image: Rifle_Springfield_M1903.jpg]
initial 1903 variant
[Image: Rifle_Springfield_M1903A3.jpg]
A3 version with some slight curve on the handle
[Image: Rifle_Springfield_M1903A1.jpg]
I'm not really sure about this one but it says it had a "scant' stock
[Image: Rifle_Springfield_M1903A4_with_M84_sight.jpg]
and the one probably from the movie with a different scope and a type C stock.
(08-17-2016, 09:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2016, 08:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, random request, but can someone with gun knowledge tell me what the rifle is that the sniper's using in this scene? (Primarily 1:12 onward)

-saving private Ryan-

this one doesnt have the scope attahed but definatly the same gun(I', also midly angry that the soldier operated the bolt with his left hand instead of the right, that's a reason why the bolt handle is on the right.
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE LEFT HANDED!
#TRIGGERED

I'm going to go bash my head 5 times with a door...
(08-16-2016, 07:55 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]If they haven't figured out that we aren't much of an Avali site anymore...

So this place isn't about Avali anymore?

now where's that big red "EMERGENCY GTFO EJECT" button?
ah, found it *click*
[Image: nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg]
*fwooosh*
(08-17-2016, 09:33 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2016, 09:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]US army standard issue bolt action Rifle, M1903 Springfield(1903-1974)
this one doesnt have the scope attahed but definatly the same gun(I', also midly angry that the soldier operated the bolt with his left hand instead of the right, that's a reason why the bolt handle is on the right.
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST THE LEFT HANDED!
#TRIGGERED

I'm going to go bash my head 5 times with a door...

the soldier already hold the rifle on the right hand, therefore it isnt even in the left handed grip/posture/position
extra note, here's a left hander firing a bullpup(AUG)
[Image: 9kTluTI.gif]
now that's why I call "biting the bullet case"

oh wait, it is on a left hander firing position :V my bad but still he could've operated the bolt handle with the right hand instead
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/pokemon-movie-writers-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gravity-falls-1201831694/
The writers of Guardians of the Galaxy and Gravity Falls are collaborating on a new Pokemon movie. :0
(08-17-2016, 09:36 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2016, 07:55 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]If they haven't figured out that we aren't much of an Avali site anymore...

ah, found it *click*
[Image: nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg]
*fwooosh*
That was quick.
Only a week give or take
surge might need this
[Image: 20a.gif]
(08-17-2016, 02:39 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]surge might need this
[Image: 20a.gif]
Thanks fam
rather annoying, warthunder is getting ships boats now and you'd think japanese is atleast getting some naval action instead of armored ones, but nope only Russia and America get naval boats because back in WW2 the US fought the russians not the japs.

another annying thing, my phone's GPS seemed to be jumping around alot so much for playing pokemon go
(08-17-2016, 09:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

-saving private Ryan-

-INFORMATION-

Holy moly! Was not expecting this detailed of an answer! Thank you very much~

(08-17-2016, 09:36 AM)Sirius-R Wrote: [ -> ]

ah, found it *click*
-fwooosh-
*fwooosh*

Noooooooo!
I shouldn't have opened my mouth tapped my fingers...