Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-10-2016, 11:03 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 10:52 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I have encountered a new kind of wierd today

Oh?

Okay...

So here's the situation, lets say you got a character that won a contest to be inserted in a popular webcomic. They are a massive hit with this popular comic.

Fictionkin happens, and you got one that insists they are that character due to how much they identify with your fursona or whatever.

Imagine meeting this fictionkin who asserts they are you and you are not you, claiming "I AM THIS PERSON STOP OPPRESSING ME" and refuse to view any proof that this character is yours and ends up causing a lot of shit as they masquerade under your name.
(08-11-2016, 12:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 11:03 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Oh?

Okay...

So here's the situation, lets say you got a character that won a contest to be inserted in a popular webcomic. They are a massive hit with this popular comic.

Fictionkin happens, and you got one that insists they are that character due to how much they identify with your fursona or whatever.

Imagine meeting this fictionkin who asserts they are you and you are not you, claiming "I AM THIS PERSON STOP OPPRESSING ME" and refuse to view any proof that this character is yours and ends up causing a lot of shit as they masquerade under your name.

That's incredibly stupid.
If you're going to identify with a character that much at least make your own damn ripoff of said character.
If you steal someone's OC you're stealing someone's OC. It doesn't matter if you think you like that OC more.
That's like saying "I liked [movie] more than the producer of [movie] therefore I own the rights to [movie]."

Edit: Not to mention online stealing someone's OC can be essentially akin to IDENTITY THEFT. Especially if they're going around insisting they are the character. You could actually probably sue over that.
In my amateur opinion. Otherkin tend to fall into one of two categories. The "always be different" brand of speshul snowflaek, or the "there must be a reason I feel so out of place among other people" variety. The former can't be reasoned with and are just toxic, the latter...well there's no "easy" way to let them down and they're usually harmless enough that there's no point assaulting their world view and sense of identity.
(08-11-2016, 12:35 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 12:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Okay...

That's incredibly stupid.
If you're going to identify with a character that much at least make your own damn ripoff of said character.
If you steal someone's OC you're stealing someone's OC. It doesn't matter if you think you like that OC more.
That's like saying "I liked [movie] more than the producer of [movie] therefore I own the rights to [movie]."

Edit: Not to mention online stealing someone's OC can be essentially akin to IDENTITY THEFT. Especially if they're going around insisting they are the character. You could actually probably sue over that.

(08-11-2016, 12:41 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]In my amateur opinion. Otherkin tend to fall into one of two categories. The "always be different" brand of speshul snowflaek, or the "there must be a reason I feel so out of place among other people" variety. The former can't be reasoned with and are just toxic, the latter...well there's no "easy" way to let them down and they're usually harmless enough that there's no point assaulting their world view and sense of identity.

So yeah, that's a thing though, the fictionkin claimed that "I was (REDACTED) first so you can't be them!"
(08-11-2016, 12:49 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 12:35 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]That's incredibly stupid.

(08-11-2016, 12:41 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]In my amateur opinion. Otherkin tend to fall into one of two categories. The "always be different" brand of speshul snowflaek, or the "there must be a reason I feel so out of place among other people" variety. The former can't be reasoned with and are just toxic, the latter...well there's no "easy" way to let them down and they're usually harmless enough that there's no point assaulting their world view and sense of identity.

So yeah, that's a thing though, the fictionkin claimed that "I was (REDACTED) first so you can't be them!"
They're the former, reason is lost on them.
(08-11-2016, 12:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 11:03 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Oh?

Okay...

this person is disgusting and is the reason i dislike fictionkin as a whole.
claiming someone else's creation as your identity is gross. it's absolutely disgusting. you're taking someone else's character and claiming them as YOURS. anyone with any goddamn sense of decency would know that's horrible to do. block them, report them, etc. if they're on places you go to, report them for impersonating you because they ARE.
(08-11-2016, 01:02 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 12:25 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Okay...

this person is disgusting and is the reason i dislike fictionkin as a whole.
claiming someone else's creation as your identity is gross. it's absolutely disgusting. you're taking someone else's character and claiming them as YOURS. anyone with any goddamn sense of decency would know that's horrible to do. block them, report them, etc. if they're on places you go to, report them for impersonating you because they ARE.
Glad that the response wasn't the sjw quip of "they're free spirits stop oppressing them!"
(08-11-2016, 01:56 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 01:02 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]this person is disgusting and is the reason i dislike fictionkin as a whole.
Glad that the response wasn't the sjw quip of "they're free spirits stop oppressing them!"

There's a point where things stop being "that's fine" and start being "that's not fine" and it's past that point.
(08-11-2016, 03:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 01:56 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Glad that the response wasn't the sjw quip of "they're free spirits stop oppressing them!"

There's a point where things stop being "that's fine" and start being "that's not fine" and it's past that point.
And what if they call a kin mob.

Can I also make it clear that this was a hypothetical? I'm pretty sure that I have confused everyone even myself.
(08-11-2016, 03:14 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 03:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]There's a point where things stop being "that's fine" and start being "that's not fine" and it's past that point.
And what if they call a kin mob.

Can I also make it clear that this was a hypothetical? I'm pretty sure that I have confused everyone even myself.

Unfortunately it isn't hypothetical. Stuff like that HAS happened.
(08-11-2016, 01:56 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Glad that the response wasn't the sjw quip of "they're free spirits stop oppressing them!"

I'd nuke any presence of sjw cancer on sight. :^)
Unfortunately having your heart in the right place doesn't cover for the many flaws that come to pass from SJW thought. And so realists win out every time. Always research facts and nobody who has any self respect will try to overstep you. Ignorance because you want to be a better person doesn't make you better. It just makes you less informed.
(08-10-2016, 09:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 09:04 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]That's why they were great.
Beyond you and Null I don't know who any of the figures in the picture are...
Characters(left to right): Surge(some power armor wearing umbreon that’s colored very differently), AlphaZX117(Null Mk. III), AEykzel(the pink-vali), Reksanden(also avali), Ehksidian(Ehkkai, okay it’s jakkai), (top on counter) Silverduke/Miyu(Espurr), kawaiiChiimera(Lucario).

There's even a link to the page where the above event unfold.
(08-10-2016, 11:19 PM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2016, 09:06 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Beyond you and Null I don't know who any of the figures in the picture are...

You got kawiia chimera and Reks I think.

For a moment I was going to debunk that, but I then realized I WAS in the image.

Then looked at the link to the page in question.

Fun times.

If

Fun makes you feel sick to your stomach of how you used to be, yes.
Upon checking the page in question. I wasn't present. At all.

In fact I didn't turn up until like, 10 pages later to bring up how my dad was acting really weird and pissy, which honestly just makes me sad now.
(08-11-2016, 05:13 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Upon checking the page in question. I wasn't present. At all.

In fact I didn't turn up until like, 10 pages later to bring up how my dad was acting really weird and pissy, which honestly just makes me sad now.

But are you not omnipresent?
You could also have been part of the aforementioned infernal summoning.
(08-11-2016, 05:15 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2016, 05:13 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Upon checking the page in question. I wasn't present. At all.

But are you not omnipresent?
You could also have been part of the aforementioned infernal summoning.
That sounds like it would have been some Tzeentchi shenanigans. I don't approve of no bird shit.
(08-11-2016, 05:04 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Fun times.

If

Fun makes you feel sick to your stomach of how you used to be, yes.

What's wrong with taking part in Nexus-Brand Shennanigans?
I mean asides from taking part in Nexus-Brand Shennanigans.

Edit: Where the hell was I during all this?

I just need someone mad enough to be blocking the pinkities with a flaming blanket, and you fit the bill quite right
(08-11-2016, 05:33 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

I just need someone mad enough to be blocking the pinkities with a flaming blanket, and you fit the bill quite right

But he wouldn't be using a flaming blanket, he'd be using a flaming flamethrowing flamethrower that's also on fire.