Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-20-2016, 10:39 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]All one needs is Dagoth Ur

Make sure you paint that mech red, because "Da red 'uns go fasta!"
At this point we may as well paint it blue and call it a hedgehog
So I just found out about the Pete's Dragon remake.

And it looks like a total abomination.

The CG makes Elliott actually look monsterous whereas before being 2D superimposed on camera footage gave him a whimsical feeling

They've completely gutted and redone the story to be someone's fanfic set in the 1980s when the original was a classic musical in a 1930s setting.

And they don't have Mickey Rooney in it anymore, because he died a few years ago.

Disney pls. Can you just not? Change out the last few character names and give it a title of its own, so that it becomes its own movie instead of taking a crap all over a classic that I have fond memories of.
aand another silver medal for m'sia, seriously though I was expecting finally a gold after beating Lin Tan, but nope, still lose to someone else, I guess that's why Ash still cant beat the Kalos Championship even with that body synced greninja

apperently marx did this
[Image: f756e99c3b.jpg]
so now you can blast trump on the face :V
(08-21-2016, 06:28 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]aand another silver medal for m'sia, seriously though I was expecting finally a gold after beating Lin Tan, but nope, still lose to someone else, I guess that's why Ash still cant beat the Kalos Championship even with that body synced greninja

apperently marx did this
[Image: f756e99c3b.jpg]
so now you can blast trump on the face :V
Dank memes man...
[Image: tumblr_oc8a6czAkA1qfsk2lo1_540.jpg]
savage
for those who I did RP with would kinda remember this scene/area, if not then just enjoy the scenery I guess
[Image: qxBfCD9.png]
yeah I think it's was suppose to be tundra or even colder, dont really have reference of avalon forest/really cold-snowball planet/moon forest

Edit: oh and complimentary music, almost forgot about that

Someone tell Surge I'm taking pictures at the Ohio Air Force Museum. Got plenty of the bomber that dropped the Fat Man~~
(08-21-2016, 04:00 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]Someone tell Surge I'm taking pictures at the Ohio Air Force Museum. Got plenty of the bomber that dropped the Fat Man~~

Surge! Put being a total grouch on hold and look over here!
(08-21-2016, 04:00 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]Someone tell Surge I'm taking pictures at the Ohio Air Force Museum. Got plenty of the bomber that dropped the Fat Man~~
I think they have a really cool cold war prototype there. Lemme look it up.
Edit: XB-70A Valkyrie, biggest damn thing in the R&D hangar.

I think there's only one tall boy and fat man(+2 tests) ever dropped, the other bomb drop are just test of different models, also yeah, all the prototype aircraft like the flying pancake and cold war era survivors

Edit: bonus, try to find the "bird of prey" plane

(08-21-2016, 04:11 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
I think they have a really cool cold war prototype there. Lemme look it up.
still it got replaced by a B-1B lancer, although the B-1A is the more equal model to be compare with
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie

Tl;dr: the Valkyrie flew at over Mach 3 70,000 ft in the air as a nuclear bomber. It would be in and out before any interceptors could hope to respond.

(08-21-2016, 04:18 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

I think there's only one tall boy and fat man(+2 tests) ever dropped, the other bomb drop are just test of different models, also yeah, all the prototype aircraft like the flying pancake and cold war era survivors

(08-21-2016, 04:11 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I think they have a really cool cold war prototype there. Lemme look it up.
still it got replaced by a B-1B lancer, although the B-1A is the more equal model to be compare with
Actually it wasn't replaced at all. It was rendered obsolete while still in development.
(08-21-2016, 04:22 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie

Tl;dr: the Valkyrie flew at over Mach 3 70,000 ft in the air as a nuclear bomber. It would be in and out before any interceptors could hope to respond.

(08-21-2016, 04:18 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's only one tall boy and fat man(+2 tests) ever dropped, the other bomb drop are just test of different models, also yeah, all the prototype aircraft like the flying pancake and cold war era survivors

Actually it wasn't replaced at all. It was rendered obsolete while still in development.

well with the Missile program I'd say even the B-1 we're also on the obsolete side, by they still use 'em, a down powered/speed vartiant too
(08-21-2016, 04:26 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2016, 04:22 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie

well with the Missile program I'd say even the B-1 we're also on the obsolete side, by they still use 'em, a down powered/speed one too
The B-1 is a low altitude penetration aircraft. The XB-70 was a high altitude bomber. The latter was considered obsolete when SAMs were introduced, and both when ICBMs were introduced.

The XB-70s were converted to research aircraft for the effects of long term high speed flight after finally being scrapped in 1961. They continued in this capacity until a mid-air collision at a photoshoot destroyed one. The only other is at the Ohio museum.
(08-21-2016, 04:30 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2016, 04:26 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]well with the Missile program I'd say even the B-1 we're also on the obsolete side, by they still use 'em, a down powered/speed one too
The B-1 is a low altitude penetration aircraft. The XB-70 was a high altitude bomber. The latter was considered obsolete when SAMs were introduced, and both when ICBMs were introduced.

The XB-70s were converted to research aircraft for the effects of long term high speed flight after finally being scrapped in 1961. They continued in this capacity until a mid-air collision at a photoshoot destroyed one. The only other is at the Ohio museum.
so i guess the one in the museum is no longer air worthy(flyable,engine busted/controls cut)?
(08-21-2016, 04:38 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2016, 04:30 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]The B-1 is a low altitude penetration aircraft. The XB-70 was a high altitude bomber. The latter was considered obsolete when SAMs were introduced, and both when ICBMs were introduced.

so i guess the one in the museum is no longer air worthy(flyable,engine busted/controls cut)?
It was flown there under its own power supposedly but I doubt they've kept it airworthy
(08-21-2016, 04:43 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]
Go find that fucking XB-70A
(08-21-2016, 04:45 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2016, 04:43 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]
Go find that fucking XB-70A
Yeah yeah, we're in the café.
[Image: 57_big.jpg]
a tank that moves with wheels or tracks, what the Swedes were thinking?
(08-21-2016, 05:26 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 57_big.jpg]
a tank that moves with wheels or tracks, what the Swedes were thinking?
Wheels are better for hard surfaces and generally faster. Redundant locomotion isn't new, some 1930-40s model tanks used tires underneath the track to try and preserve mobility in case of a track throw.