Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-09-2016, 04:17 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2016, 01:13 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Why does it seem like everything in the RP always ends up with either a nuclear disaster or accidentally triggered the apocalypse?
Because the RP gets stale and then people try to make it interesting, fail, try harder, and then it degrades into Serial Escalation.

(08-08-2016, 10:40 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]who said i paid for that
(also submission is here since the artist wants credit when reposting her stuff)

Why do you always get free stuff tell me your secrets darnit!

Anyone else have issues with Discord's desktop notifications (the little popups in the bottom right) taking focus away from the active window and making you wait for them to go away before being able to click anything again?
Tell devs.
(08-09-2016, 04:26 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 04:17 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Because the RP gets stale and then people try to make it interesting, fail, try harder, and then it degrades into Serial Escalation.

Anyone else have issues with Discord's desktop notifications (the little popups in the bottom right) taking focus away from the active window and making you wait for them to go away before being able to click anything again?
Tell devs.

There are a bunch of threads on it already, from months and months ago. Hopefully they get the point and fix it soon.
Also maybe add the option to have sound notifications and taskbar notifications WITHOUT auto-including the popup notifications. Even SKYPE does that better for heck's sake.

...Windows Explorer has crashed twice today on my Laptop. It's only happened like twice before and those cases were like a year apart.
This is worrying.
Edit: That's three crashes, all within around 5 hours. What the hell?

We have two new members holy moly this is an insane amount of traffic I don't know how we'll cope.
I don't know what your definition of stale is. Because not including yourself because unexplained reasons isn't mine Shaad. Heh.

We'll cope with it the same way we usually do. By crying when they realize that the avali nexus is now simply Nexus 13 or whatnot and leave. With us depressed while we think back on what could have been. For three seconds and then start yelling at each other again about scaring people away.

We need to fix false advertising yet? Iunno, not my decision.
(08-09-2016, 06:33 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what your definition of stale is. Because not including yourself because unexplained reasons isn't mine Shaad. Heh.

We'll cope with it the same way we usually do. By crying when they realize that the avali nexus is now simply Nexus 13 or whatnot and leave. With us depressed while we think back on what could have been. For three seconds and then start yelling at each other again about scaring people away.

You mean change the name to be The unAvali Nexus or something?
[Image: k9hj4pZ.png]
(08-09-2016, 06:33 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what your definition of stale is. Because not including yourself because unexplained reasons isn't mine Shaad. Heh.

(08-09-2016, 07:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

Inb4 you learn that Ryuujin is replaying the game to get a feel for how it feels and potentially restart work on the mod again

Not that it'd make the Triage one obsolete, as he wants that one to keep going.
(08-09-2016, 04:17 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2016, 01:13 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Why does it seem like everything in the RP always ends up with either a nuclear disaster or accidentally triggered the apocalypse?
Because the RP gets stale and then people try to make it interesting, fail, try harder, and then it degrades into Serial Escalation.

(08-08-2016, 10:40 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]who said i paid for that
(also submission is here since the artist wants credit when reposting her stuff)

You ever actually gone looking for free stuff? It's honestly not that hard to find.
(08-09-2016, 07:27 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 04:17 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Because the RP gets stale and then people try to make it interesting, fail, try harder, and then it degrades into Serial Escalation.

You ever actually gone looking for free stuff? It's honestly not that hard to find.

I don't know where to look...
Not that I would ask anyway because I hate asking people for things especially free things.
(08-09-2016, 07:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 07:27 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]You ever actually gone looking for free stuff? It's honestly not that hard to find.

I don't know where to look...
Not that I would ask anyway because I hate asking people for things especially free things.
Request streams and threads on reddit are pretty easy places to go. Though they aren't a sure thing and I can assure you Ehks spends an unhealthy amount of time in both to get this much stuff.
(08-09-2016, 07:21 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 06:33 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what your definition of stale is.  Because not including yourself because unexplained reasons isn't mine Shaad. Heh.

We'll cope with it the same way we usually do.  By crying when they realize that the avali nexus is now simply Nexus 13 or whatnot and leave.  With us depressed while we think back on what could have been.  For three seconds and then start yelling at each other again about scaring people away.  

We need to fix false advertising yet?  Iunno, not my decision.

(08-09-2016, 07:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]You mean change the name to be The unAvali Nexus or something?

Inb4 you learn that Ryuujin is replaying the game to get a feel for how it feels and potentially restart work on the mod again

*smacks into aerogel window*
did I hear our lord and savior is back!?
(08-09-2016, 07:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 07:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know where to look...
Request streams and threads on reddit are pretty easy places to go. Though they aren't a sure thing and I can assure you Ehks spends an unhealthy amount of time in both to get this much stuff.

Or, y'know, just because she's good friends with people and stuff.
Well that was weird. Skype suddenly broke when I tried to open it (insta-crashed on opening). After restarting my computer, it wouldn't open at all (process started but window never popped up) and then when I tried again the process started and insta-vanished. I went to the skype folder and manually opened it and it now works fine???

(08-09-2016, 07:56 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 07:21 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Inb4 you learn that Ryuujin is replaying the game to get a feel for how it feels and potentially restart work on the mod again

*smacks into aerogel window*

I'm expecting him to be equally if not more disappointed in 1.0 than the Koala versions.
Don't get your hopes up.

(08-09-2016, 07:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 07:29 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know where to look...
Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.
That would require asking for art in a public place, and perhaps even seeing someone make said art in front of umpteen people.
It's not like I'd request something embarassing, but it'd be a very unpleasant experience anyway.
I did ask Reks to draw a character once (although I've since rescinded said request since I still can't decide what character I actually would want drawn, and Reks wasn't really feeling it) and that was incredibly difficult for me to do. In fact if I recall correctly, Reks actually convinced me to ask her in the end, after I mentioned not wanting to ask. She had to ask me to ask her to draw me a thing for me to be able to actually ask her to draw me a thing.
Imagine that with a stranger. NNNOPE.
And no I don't know why. My personality is all over the place and even I have trouble making sense of it.
(08-09-2016, 08:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Well that was weird. Skype suddenly broke when I tried to open it (insta-crashed on opening). After restarting my computer, it wouldn't open at all (process started but window never popped up) and then when I tried again the process started and insta-vanished. I went to the skype folder and manually opened it and it now works fine???

(08-09-2016, 07:56 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]*smacks into aerogel window*

I'm expecting him to be equally if not more disappointed in 1.0 than the Koala versions.
Don't get your hopes up.

(08-09-2016, 07:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Request streams and threads on reddit are pretty easy places to go. Though they aren't a sure thing and I can assure you Ehks spends an unhealthy amount of time in both to get this much stuff.
That would require asking for art in a public place, and perhaps even seeing someone make said art in front of umpteen people.
It's not like I'd request something embarassing, but it'd be a very unpleasant experience anyway.
I did ask Reks to draw a character once (although I've since rescinded said request since I still can't decide what character I actually would want drawn, and Reks wasn't really feeling it) and that was incredibly difficult for me to do. In fact if I recall correctly, Reks actually convinced me to ask her in the end, after I mentioned not wanting to ask. She had to ask me to ask her to draw me a thing for me to be able to actually ask her to draw me a thing.
And no I don't know why. My personality is all over the place and even I have trouble making sense of it.
Plus spending all your time in streams cuts into your shitposting abilities, and as we all know the Nexus owns us and our souls forever so that wouldn't do at all.
(08-09-2016, 08:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Plus spending all your time in streams cuts into your shitposting abilities, and as we all know the Nexus owns us and our souls forever so that wouldn't do at all.

U wot. Everyone knows I only post the most quality posts that ever posted.
(08-09-2016, 08:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 08:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Plus spending all your time in streams cuts into your shitposting abilities, and as we all know the Nexus owns us and our souls forever so that wouldn't do at all.

U wot. Everyone knows I only post the most quality posts that ever posted.
That's the spirit.
(08-09-2016, 08:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 07:56 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]*smacks into aerogel window*

Don't get your hopes up.

yeah I did played it and was disappointing in some parts, though I hope heavy modding could help especially with custom races playing custom missions and possibly even custom opening and ending missions. atleast some of the vanilla tech that was removed in 1.0 could be a custom/mod race feature
[Image: tumblr_nqalsigo331rckw3lo1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_oa024rb33y1uflnsqo1_250.png][Image: tumblr_oa024rb33y1uflnsqo2_250.png]
(08-09-2016, 04:27 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 04:26 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Tell devs.

There are a bunch of threads on it already, from months and months ago. Hopefully they get the point and fix it soon.
Also maybe add the option to have sound notifications and taskbar notifications WITHOUT auto-including the popup notifications. Even SKYPE does that better for heck's sake.

...Windows Explorer has crashed twice today on my Laptop. It's only happened like twice before and those cases were like a year apart.
This is worrying.
Edit: That's three crashes, all within around 5 hours. What the hell?

We have two new members holy moly this is an insane amount of traffic I don't know how we'll cope.

Send me the error code. I'll try my best to find The cause. Or take a picture of the error screen.
(08-09-2016, 07:00 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 06:33 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what your definition of stale is.  Because not including yourself because unexplained reasons isn't mine Shaad. Heh.

We'll cope with it the same way we usually do.  By crying when they realize that the avali nexus is now simply Nexus 13 or whatnot and leave.  With us depressed while we think back on what could have been.  For three seconds and then start yelling at each other again about scaring people away.  

We need to fix false advertising yet?  Iunno, not my decision.

yes.  And since people used to make note of calling it nexus 13 for one reason or another I said that.

Also of note, I had another friend whose skype pulled the same shit for them. Mine hasn't ever messed up before though.
(08-09-2016, 08:32 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2016, 08:30 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Well that was weird. Skype suddenly broke when I tried to open it (insta-crashed on opening). After restarting my computer, it wouldn't open at all (process started but window never popped up) and then when I tried again the process started and insta-vanished. I went to the skype folder and manually opened it and it now works fine???

Don't get your hopes up.

Plus spending all your time in streams cuts into your shitposting abilities, and as we all know the Nexus owns us and our souls forever so that wouldn't do at all.
Starting to think you might be serious about the soul thing...