Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Starbound is finally getting a 1.0. It's already available (with all the bugs they're hoping to catch before release) under unstable, and it does feel very different. I mean, I haven't played in a while, but even early game progression is already new to me. I'm just sitting around keeping a farm on the planet surface for no particular reason.

Now that a true stable is finally visible, the chances of Ryuujin returning to save us from our sins update the Avali mod have increased dramatically.
>an update to the avali mod
[Image: uMsbGts.png]
pardon my bitter cynicism.
(07-11-2016, 12:55 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So Starbound is finally getting a 1.0. It's already available (with all the bugs they're hoping to catch before release) under unstable, and it does feel very different. I mean, I haven't played in a while, but even early game progression is already new to me. I'm just sitting around keeping a farm on the planet surface for no particular reason.

Now that a true stable is finally visible, the chances of Ryuujin returning to save us from our sins update the Avali mod have increased dramatically.

I still find this very unlikely. He's moved on to things he likes more and which fit the lore better.
Besides, the Triage group are doing well at keeping it up-to-date... I just wish they'd add more content more often, but alas.
(07-11-2016, 01:07 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2016, 12:55 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]So Starbound is finally getting a 1.0. It's already available (with all the bugs they're hoping to catch before release) under unstable, and it does feel very different. I mean, I haven't played in a while, but even early game progression is already new to me. I'm just sitting around keeping a farm on the planet surface for no particular reason.

I still find this very unlikely. He's moved on to things he likes more and which fit the lore better.
Besides, the Triage group are doing well at keeping it up-to-date... I just wish they'd add more content more often, but alas.
Dramatically is relative, it doesn't do much when the chance was already below 2%.
(07-11-2016, 01:03 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]>an update to the avali mod

Who is this critter and what is it from?
(07-11-2016, 01:56 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]

Who is this critter and what is it from?
A Yinglet, from http://www.valsalia.com/

Don't ask how I found another bizarre webcomic, they find me at this point.
I wish there was an avali mod for stellaris. That would be great.
(07-11-2016, 02:12 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2016, 01:56 AM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]Who is this critter and what is it from?
A Yinglet, from http://www.valsalia.com/

No. NO. NOOO! Not another one! Must...Avoid...Reading...

(07-11-2016, 02:19 AM)RobinhoodtheFletchling Wrote: [ -> ]I wish there was an avali mod for stellaris. That would be great.

That's what Ryu is working on.
(07-11-2016, 02:45 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2016, 02:12 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]A Yinglet, from http://www.valsalia.com/

No. NO. NOOO! Not another one! Must...Avoid...Reading...

(07-11-2016, 02:19 AM)RobinhoodtheFletchling Wrote: [ -> ]I wish there was an avali mod for stellaris. That would be great.

That's what Ryu is working on.
Wait really!?

good thing ryu is working on it
or trying to
he at least got portraits done, but idk if he's made any more progress on it.
What did fevix do this time?

Also, goats are cute and derpy things!
You know an Avali mod for Stellaris would actually work out pretty well. The game already has a government type where everything is basically run by a giant computer, you can just make them extremely nonadaptive to reflect the ammonia biology, it'd just be a matter of adapting art assets.

gambling is just a horrible shady loophole in the capital system, dont gamble, support the communist movement

now this is something I have to think off for a counter
[Image: FE0084ABBFD4AFCCDE541DFDE98DEA501253D217]
This deformed monster is a copyright friendly V-22 Osprey, that's not what I care about though, I care about that strike package ripped out of a godamn AC-130 Specter jutting out the side of it.

Apparently a flying pillbox wasn't obscene enough. It needed to be able to hover in place.
(07-11-2016, 08:17 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
This deformed monster is a copyright friendly V-22 Osprey, that's not what I care about though, I care about that strike package ripped out of a godamn AC-130 Specter jutting out the side of it.

Apparently a flying pillbox wasn't obscene enough. It needed to be able to hover in place.

What game is that?
(07-11-2016, 08:38 PM)Comito Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2016, 08:17 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

What game is that?
Arma 3 Apex
I can't believe I've done this but...here's what I think of Heroes of the Storm after...fuck has it really been over 12 hours? Anyways Heroes of the Storm is intended as a MOBA boiled down to it's purest essence, teamfights and lanefights, it's a big blobby no-nonsense mess of heroes beating the tar out of each other, at least that was the sales pitch. In practice the no-nonsense part doesn't hold up, each hero has a non-linear progression where you choose one of 3-4 perks every couple of levels, and the perks you can choose from varies depending on the milestone you're hitting, so no going back for that damage increase after you get lifesteal, and each map has a unique "gimmick" to try and spice up gameplay, though they all boil down to "do X to rapidly burn down the enemy towers" "do X to summon a giant monster that burns down the enemy towers/heroes for you" and "do X to absolutely turbofuck the enemy towers so you can burn them down" I'm sensing a slight pattern. I digress though, the teamfights are delivered very well, without any pressure to level the right abilities or buy the right items it just comes down to using your hero's kit to beat the tar out of the enemy in some mad furball of a teamfight, and what complexity there is in the game of teamfighting and pushing lanes serves only to make it less of a pain in the ass.

Of course there are some rather glaring issues, some of the "talents" you can choose from every so often seem blatantly and objectively better than others (restore mana on every 5th attack or restore HP? hmmm gee I wonder what I want on my high damage melee character) and frankly the F2P model is piss, asking $10 to cram your hero into a new costume and giving a paltry 50 gold per bot match (which I'm actually told is all a lot of people play) while hero costs are in the thousands is just not kosher. I'd be more understanding of this model if HotS had the good sense to ask for $40-60 upfront and then give me the keys to the mansion so to speak, letting me run off and play with every hero it has as I please, like SMITE does, but the only bundles HotS seems to offer are just collections of skins and their associated heroes.

Heroes of the Storm is momentarily engaging, but ultimately greedy and seems to lack real substance as a MOBA, I don't think I could recommend it in good faith.
oh right this place is still a thing
hello
(07-12-2016, 02:32 PM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote: [ -> ]oh right this place is still a thing
hello

bleh, I still doubt calling this place a thing, there's barely anything here